Looks like we'll be getting more of a challenge from them next season.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, steelmen said:

Would you sit down and thrash out a deal with a man/club/company* who continually talk shite about you?

Esp. if it means you getting less money than you are picking up currently

*delete as appropriate

96% of f**k all is f**k all

30% - 50% of £5 million is  .... Eh ask SJC he's the brains around here ;)

3 hours ago, steelmen said:

Would you sit down and thrash out a deal with a man/club/company* who continually talk shite about you?

Esp. if it means you getting less money than you are picking up currently

*delete as appropriate

:lol:

On Wednesday, June 07, 2017 at 23:38, BobWilliamson said:

96% of f**k all is f**k all

30% - 50% of £5 million is  .... Eh ask SJC he's the brains around here ;)

I'm sure I read that SD are guaranteed money for any unsold stock as part of their contract with Rangers*.

There will be a figure stipulated in the contract that SD will supply X amount of Rangers* merchandise per season with SD retaining X % per item sold as well as receiving X % per item unsold in order to cover manufacturing/retail costs.

No retailer would offer a "no sale no fee" deal to anyone, especially someone with no credit rating like Rangers*

15 hours ago, sjc said:

I'm sure I read that SD are guaranteed money for any unsold stock as part of their contract with Rangers*.

There will be a figure stipulated in the contract that SD will supply X amount of Rangers* merchandise per season with SD retaining X % per item sold as well as receiving X % per item unsold in order to cover manufacturing/retail costs.

No retailer would offer a "no sale no fee" deal to anyone, especially someone with no credit rating like Rangers*

You read somewhere?:thumsup2

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

You read somewhere?:thumsup2

Nah you're right. Mike Ashley built a £billion+ sports retail company by tying himself into 7 year "no sale no fee" contracts..... Nothing to see here.....just like the last time.....

6 hours ago, sjc said:

Nah you're right. Mike Ashley built a £billion+ sports retail company by tying himself into 7 year "no sale no fee" contracts..... Nothing to see here.....just like the last time.....

Mike Ashley made himself a very rich man by being an uncompromising b*****d. 

Show me the contract . Show me what you read . 

Or is there nothing to see? 

1 minute ago, BobWilliamson said:

"deeds", Shirley? Or is that another thread?

16 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

I'm certain it was in the same newspaper article that Rangers* fans based their boycott from.

Like you say, probably nothing to see. It's the Rangers way....

I had a quick look for this in my coffee break, but didn't see anything definitive. There's lots in the papers, which I have completely disregarded given the attention to detail and accuracy that the press displays on the subject of Rangers (and almost certainly Celtic, too).

One thing I came across again that "bears" revisiting is the hearing of the Sports Direct application.

Having browsed through this to see if there was any relevance to the unsold stock (or minimum sales levels) question, I was again struck by the clarity of Millett's explanations.

In short, he says:

1. This is not a mini-trial.
  2. I don't buy a word of the obviously nonsensical disingenuous claims by King et al.
  3. Even if I did buy them, they are absolutely irrelevant to the question I'm being asked, i.e. whether this can proceed.
  4. Although this is not a mini-trial, if King had really believed that the case had no merit he could have submitted a "draft defence"; but instead of doing that he accuses Sports Direct of not publishing details of their own legal advice, which is patently an absurd position to take.
  5. King and Murray had a fiduciary duty as RRL directors to act in its best interests; but not only did they fail to do this, they claimed that they didn't have enough information (from RRL) about the action taken against them (by TRFC), despite "being" TRFC; and even without any of that information, they had to support the RRL action because it was the only option as RRL would otherwise have been "destroyed", so the decision to pursue the action required no information at all.

Great clarity and logic, a pleasure to read it. But King's integrity does come out looking slightly worse than it did in the "glib and shameless" assessment and the TAB review (where he was completely slaughtered).

I suppose that it may have been correct to describe the SARS case as a "favourable outcome", as happened around the time of his FFP appraisal: the last two times that his words and actions have been examined objectively, the assessors have been less kind. He seems to have become less trustworthy than the man who was given 41 criminal convictions.

On 6/5/2017 at 12:45, beetroot said:

Pedro has been active in the transfer market and a couple of the signings can only improve their team.

I, for one am delighted with this as it will bring a bit more excitement back to the league.

Time will tell but I'm looking forward to see if they can put up a challenge after Christmas and beyond.

Old Firm Green fan found

On 6/11/2017 at 09:09, sjc said:

Calm down Timmy, never gonna happen

On 06/06/2017 at 13:39, BobWilliamson said:

It didn't have to be Ashley out of the picture. I just don't understand why both sides didn't sit down and thrash out a deal beneficial to both parties. 

I haven't bought a football top for myself in many MANY years but if we are given the green light by the board I fully intend being a full kit w****r :thumsup2

Mystic Boab :thumsup2

On 06/06/2017 at 13:44, sjc said:

Is there not also court cases with Ashley/SD as well as with Warburton/Weir/McParland coming up?

Not now!  You can relax, petal.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

:thumsup2

Not now!  You can relax, petal.

The devil will be in the detail I suspect....

Anyway, about Kings share offer? Or has that gone away too?

13 minutes ago, sjc said:

The devil will be in the detail I suspect....

Anyway, about Kings share offer? Or has that gone away too?

What detail?  Litigation with SD has been dropped and MW & Co have dropped their ludicrous unfair dismissal case too.  Ergo no court cases.

As for the share offer?  I know as much as you.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

What detail?  Litigation with SD has been dropped and MW & Co have dropped their ludicrous unfair dismissal case too.  Ergo no court cases.

As for the share offer?  I know as much as you.

When did Warburton drop his case?

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Don't know.  King mentioned it at the end of the press conference today.

Well I suppose a convicted tax evader and liar must tell the truth some of the time..

Archived