Scottish Premiership transfer thread 2017/18

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Could be a decent signing if anywhere as good as his old man?

Aye. He's come through Everton and Bolton's academy system. All I can really take from the YouTube videos he features in is that he can take a penalty.

It's a bit of a weird one that he's been given the full "new signing" treatment and the BBC have a piece on him, along with various others. The news story on Motherwell's official site (if you read it) clearly states he's been signed for Craigan's u20s (with a view to pushing for the 1st team). So it's up for debate how much involvement he'll actually have.

As far as I can see he's been brought in to replace Dylan Mackin who's away to Livi. Same age, same position and roughly a similar sort of squad role. Basically a bit more "first team ready" than Semple, Agyeman, Scott or Falconer in our u20s. We've signed a few of these "types" of players recently. Shea Gordon arrived last season from Sheffield United while this summer we've brought in Dylan King formerly of Oldham and Liam Brown who was at Queens Park. All of them have been signed primarily for the u20s but none of them got the photo with the scarf over their head "unveiling".

Some brilliant signings in the league this season. Seems most teams have signed some impressive players, on paper anyway. Can't wait for it to just get started now, I haven't been this excited about a league season in about 6 years. 

Should be big games most weeks now. Fucking love Scottish football.

On 29/07/2017 at 13:01, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Some brilliant signings in the league this season. Seems most teams have signed some impressive players, on paper anyway. Can't wait for it to just get started now, I haven't been this excited about a league season in about 6 years. 

Should be big games most weeks now. Fucking love Scottish football.

Wait a season, and you'll have us back. ;)

But Aye this season in the Premiership looks good - and from what I've seen from Aberdeen and Hibs so far - you never know there could be a chance of title fight.

Archived