NBA

Cerberus

Watched the Knicks lose vs Timberwolves, I'd imagine it wasn't too informative considering it was pre season but enjoyable experience. 

The players are so fucking tall in person, the crowd stuff is hilarious, a lot more exciting than I thought it would be. Didn't realise quite how many fouls and free shots there were in basketball games. 

20231014_210526.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Season is back.

Jokic triple double in first game says normal service resumed. 

Doncic posted same, Wemby looked ok in his first start, still looks like he could break quite easily and from the highlights I watched he gave away so e stupid fouls. KD sticking 39 points away, LeBron 20+ in his first two games, Dame with 39 on Bucks debut.

Looking forward to this season but I will pay little interest to this stupid mid season tournament that's coming in

There’s a documentary about Steph Curry on Apple TV. It starts with his draft report (spoiler alert: it couldn’t have been more wrong) and the next hour and a half is basically him proving folk wrong.  Brilliant stuff. 

Edited by Savage Henry

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s a documentary about Steph Curry on Apple TV. It starts with his draft report (spoiler alert: it couldn’t have been more wrong) and the next hour and a half is basically him proving folk wrong.  Brilliant stuff. 

Does it have the story of his meeting with Nike?

• 2 months later...

Would thoroughly recommend last night's Bucks v Spurs game. Brilliant entertainment throughout, but Wemby and Giannis in particular were genuinely insane. Godzilla v King Kong stuff. In a year or two when Wemby has a bit more experience, bit more size, and some relatively competent teammates, their duels will be the best watch in the sport.

On 05/01/2024 at 08:45, J_Stewart said:

Would thoroughly recommend last night's Bucks v Spurs game. Brilliant entertainment throughout, but Wemby and Giannis in particular were genuinely insane. Godzilla v King Kong stuff. In a year or two when Wemby has a bit more experience, bit more size, and some relatively competent teammates, their duels will be the best watch in the sport.

Watched the video on the NBA YouTube of the two of them going at it and it’s a great watch. 

Wemby almost looks disproportionate with how long his arms are :lol:

• 1 month later...

We're away to Boston this week, so managed to get tickets for Mavs v Celtics on Friday and Celtics v Warriors on Sunday afternoon. Buzzing for it, as Luka and Steph are my two favourite players to watch, and Curry was injured the last time I got to see the Warriors live, so everything's crossed that neither of them pick up injuries this week prior to the games. Also an unabashed Celtics hater, but sadly they're just very, very good, and have such a deep roster, so hard to look passed them in any game at the moment. Reckon the atmosphere and games will be class either way for two pretty big games.

Also really, really like what the Mavs did at the trade deadline getting Gafford and Washington. Seem to actually have a team that fully suits Luka for the first time since he joined the league, as well as actually having almost everyone healthy. Put an e/w on them to win the West the first game after the trades at 18s, think it's pretty decent value.

My NCAA basketball threads have never held anyones interest but I'll post in here. Tonight is the Carolina-Duke game on the last day of the regular season. I'd still argue it is the greatest rivalry in American sports and I'm getting pretty charged up.

Go Heels!

• 3 weeks later...

Caledonia Gladiators Women 90-58 Newcastle Eagles Women 

Easter Sunday basketball in East Kilbride as the hometown Gladiators dominate and go top of the WBBL. What a player Laken James is. Record crowd of over 900 for the women's team.

Really impressed with the purpose built facility at Playsport, excellent views from everywhere, great facilities and excellent food and drink options. Their self service beer machine was excellent. Looking forward to seeing how they develop the facility.

Posting in here given the lack of a general basketball thread.

20240331_170052.jpg

On 31/03/2024 at 19:57, Craig fae the Vale said:

Caledonia Gladiators Women 90-58 Newcastle Eagles Women 

Easter Sunday basketball in East Kilbride as the hometown Gladiators dominate and go top of the WBBL. What a player Laken James is. Record crowd of over 900 for the women's team.

Really impressed with the purpose built facility at Playsport, excellent views from everywhere, great facilities and excellent food and drink options. Their self service beer machine was excellent. Looking forward to seeing how they develop the facility.

Posting in here given the lack of a general basketball thread.

20240331_170052.jpg

I was looking for a general BBL thread or something. I used to have a season ticket at the Glasgow Rocks when it was at the Emirates, but gave it up 9 years ago when kids came. Took the oldest daughter to the game last night against the Cheshire Phoenix, my first time to go see them for 4 or 5 years, and first time since the franchise move and name change.

Incredible facilities to be honest, a real step-up in game day atmosphere and experience.

Caledonia Gladiators is a shite name, think they should have just kept the "Rocks" part and called them the Caledonia Rocks to maintain continuity with a very decent brand, like the logo is far superior to the new one, but I understand the need for re-boot following the move.

20240407_162453.jpg

20240407_163208.jpg

20240407_172115.jpg

Edited by lau03143

5 hours ago, lau03143 said:

I was looking for a general BBL thread or something. I used to have a season ticket at the Glasgow Rocks when it was at the Emirates, but gave it up 9 years ago when kids came. Took the oldest daughter to the game last night against the Cheshire Phoenix, my first time to go see them for 4 or 5 years, and first time since the franchise move and name change.

Incredible facilities to be honest, a real step-up in game day atmosphere and experience.

Caledonia Gladiators is a shite name, think they should have just kept the "Rocks" part and called them the Caledonia Rocks to maintain continuity with a very decent brand, like the logo is far superior to the new one, but I understand the need for re-boot following the move.

20240407_162453.jpg

20240407_163208.jpg

20240407_172115.jpg

I was really impressed with the facilities and I'll definitely be back next season.

Agree that the name isn't great, but I see what they were trying to do.