One Love Manchester gig

5 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

I thought it was a great show. The missus and the young lass were there and said it was quite emotional especially when the choir were on.
They thought Coldplay were brilliant even though they both say they normally can't stand them.
The missus thought Liam was great and the young lass thought he was a bit meh but she did say that the place went mental when Liam came on.
I wasn't with them and watched it in the pub with a few pals and we spent the middle bit Googling who Imogen, Victoria and Mac Miller were and we all agreed that every one of Little Mix were wids, Miley seems to be less loopy than she was and Ariana is a cracking singer and has done a great job.
She has been round the hospitals and met victim's families.
When you think that the bomb went off just 2 weeks ago today they did a fantastic job setting all of this up and though it is easy to be cynical about these stars they might help the city and especially the younger ones get back to normal.
It has been a bit surreal down here so hopefully a time to heal now.

Was the venue not set up for The Courteeners from the week before?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was the venue not set up for The Courteeners from the week before?

The stage might have been left up, don't know for sure Sarge. Still a lot of logistics to overcome, not least the artistes having other commitments so short notice for all of them, Take That went off to Birmingham right after their bit and also the security organisation in Manchester especially with 70,000 at Michael Carrick's testimonial a few hundred yards away. It all went off safely so kudos all round.

Liam should have sung stand by me or stop crying your heart out and roll with it.

Stand by me is an alright song from a shite album, stop crying your heart out and roll with it seem a bit unsympathetic do they not? Should have been Whatever, Live forever and Don't look back in anger which would be the best to get the crowd going.

I can't wait for the next Oasis reunion, they will surely play Murrayfield again.

34 minutes ago, throbber said:

Stand by me is an alright song from a shite album, stop crying your heart out and roll with it seem a bit unsympathetic do they not? Should have been Whatever, Live forever and Don't look back in anger which would be the best to get the crowd going.

I can't wait for the next Oasis reunion, they will surely play Murrayfield again.

How does that one go?

Archived