Queen's Park 2017/18

Anyone at the game today. How did we play? Any positives. Now equal on points with forfar, difficult times ahead. 

From a neutral point of view I think you’re doomed. We were terrible today in the first half and still had some great chances, QP only really looked threatening at set pieces. Second half we could’ve scored a fair few too without some of our best players.

Really hard working team but no real standout quality players that will win you games in my opinion. Even Forfar have Easton and Hilson.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/13/2018 at 09:55, Mick1867 said:

Is Bailey injured? Gus stated in one of his post match interviews recently, when discussing Burns playing out of position,  that our 2 right backs were out injured. I just assumed that Bailey must be the other one. 

Ross Millen? Or was he the second one you refer to. Bailey never gets a mention in the pre-match as on the injury list.

On 13/01/2018 at 11:48, spider1867 said:

Bailey left months ago. Probably September. That was the first fall out of the season. Wonder who Gus will bring in this month?

My understanding is that there was no fall out. Purely personal circumstances according to someone within the club.

We seem to be very quiet on the loan front, there must be players out there that can enhance us. No game this Saturday so a couple of weeks to clear any injuries. I believe we have to mix things up a bit, we are so predictable only Galty seems to step up on a regular basis. Gus has got his work cut out to stop us free falling back down to league 2. Do we still believe he is the right man to lead us. Seems to be the same old excuses that we hear every week. We keep getting this excuse of being a young team. Why don't we balance it with a couple of experience pro's to help our youngsters.

Just my thought

As a supporter of QP for the best part of 60 years is it too much to ask for the official website or even on this forum to fill us in on why Willie Muir (our number one keeper) is heading to Airdrie when we imo need him more than ever (no disrespect to Michael White) ?. 

3 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Why are Airdrie signing Muir when they’ve already got arguably one of the best goalies in the league in Ferguson?

Or is his loan deal up already and I’m wasting my time asking?

The consortium/Stevie Findlay have said any signings made will be with an eye towards next season. Carrick signed an 18 month deal and I assume Muir will be the same meaning he'll be #1 next season regardless of whether or not Rohan sees out the season in goals. 

22 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

As a supporter of QP for the best part of 60 years is it too much to ask for the official website or even on this forum to fill us in on why Willie Muir (our number one keeper) is heading to Airdrie when we imo need him more than ever (no disrespect to Michael White) ?. 

It's not too much to ask at all. Of course, lack of correct information only attracts speculation.  It's not on the Airdrie site yet either so maybe it's not a thing. The Spider said no-one would be leaving unless Gus approved. That's probably all we need to know. Spare the rod, spoil the child.

An unhappy ending if it turns out to be true. Let's remember the good times. Thanks Wullie.

Hampden Diehard has already confirmed that Gus is notoriously secretive about comings and goings, so this time despite several previous convictions I'm prepared to give Pravda the benefit of the doubt on this occasion. It's very rare indeed that we allow a player to transfer to another club mid-season (we either release or loan unwanted players), so the only thing that makes any sense to me here is that Airdrie have a surplus goalscorer Gus wants and the swap deal won't be announced until all the paperwork is done. Otherwise Queen's have nothing to gain from this, so why would they allow our best 'keeper to leave? Any Airdrie fans able to suggest the likelihood that a swap might be a possibility here?

Archived