Queen's Park 2017/18

Come on get a grip comparing Leitch to Ronaldo. My point is not putting 5 or 6 young players in. Its about putting another teams player and developing him rather than one of our own. Are you telling me we have no one in our 20s who could not step up. If not why are they playing for our 20s. Mortimer was out on loan till November remember and was brought back early.  The young boy mages is a raw big boy but has ability to play at this level, just needs to get league 1 wise and the only way he will get that is to play and learn as he goes. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen a fair bit of the 20's the last few seasons, I'm afraid there has been a drop off in standard since we lost our elite status a few ago. The only one I think could be worth giving a chance is Ali Miller (left Midfield) Also since were now in League I, its a bigger jump in standard for these young guys.

23 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Are you telling me we have no one in our 20s who could not step up. If not why are they playing for our 20s.

That’s a decision for the coaches and manager. What players do you think should be stepping up? I have only seen the 20s a couple of times this season, so I’m not really in a position to make a judgement.

As for your second point, guys who are in their teens might not be ready right now, but will be further down the line. You can actually ruin a player by sticking them in too soon and killing their confidence if they’re not ready.

Fair play guys just my opinion as everyone is entitles to their own.  Big Cammy Fly was an OK player but took the step up and played really well before his bad injury. I've watched them a few times thus tear seemed to be a lot if first team platers playing at the start of the season to keep them tucking over. Don't really know names but Miller is a good player, boy in midfield don't know his name has good delivery and calm on the ball and young boy up front seems to score all their goals

18 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Hearing Willie Gk is going to Airdrie

If correct it would be interesting to know the circumstances behind this. Apart from his occasional reluctance to come for a cross ball he was a very competent keeper. We are fortunate to have a capable replacement who can keep goal pretty well. Least of our problems.

Good luck to him pretty disappointed he didn't get more of a run but probably David Galt's form and the arrival of Robbie Leitch meant he wasn't going to get much game time
I thought Chris Duff looked decent in some of his sub appearances but the downside of the loan system is we're obliged to give Leitch more of an opportunity when he doesn't look obviously any better than what we've got?

Duff was OK but didn't live up to the hype I'd heard about him when he was signed. I was expecting much more tbh, maybe a star in the Juniors and perhaps  the step up to League 1 was too much for him. Leitch has had more impact for me.. well he scored at Forfar in a big game but I'm expecting better things from him as well. More concerned about Muir leaving if it's true. Not that White isn't deserving of his place at the moment but what if he gets injured? Not sure the lad from the 20s is good enough 

The Spider was emphatic that players will only go if Gus lets them go so maybe there's new blood on the way in?

Michael Bailey must be close to going too. Burns is suspended for tomorrow and Millen still in the stand. If Bailey doesn't get a start it's beyond doubt he's not part of the plan.

Movement so far in L1 (SPFL.co.uk)

image.png.2451a719471c950c8033237c493c9511.png

Is Bailey injured? Gus stated in one of his post match interviews recently, when discussing Burns playing out of position,  that our 2 right backs were out injured. I just assumed that Bailey must be the other one. 

Archived