Queen's Park 2017/18

5 hours ago, an86 said:

Great statement from the club. Credit where it’s due. Felt like we’d been far too slow to defend Hampden and talk it up. f**k Stewart Regan, incidentally.

To be fair he's put up a few blogs for the captive audience but it's good to see the dukes up now. I'm reliably informed Regan's just a front now. It's the jackals from the SPFL pulling the strings in the background that concerns me. Seems to be a growing interest from Celtic Park in particular which is probably why the Doc was having a swipe at Celtic and Rangers stadia in particular.  SRU have stated, privately, they won't move from Murrayfield and I doubt if the SFA would want to traipse through there. Also doubt if Corstorphine's citizens would want the Tartan Army pissing on their lamposts. From what I've learned though, the Doc could still do more with his political connections. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

To be fair he's put up a few blogs for the captive audience but it's good to see the dukes up now.

Exactly. If only we could have made a statement like this from the start, rather than what seemed like weekly references to it in his blogs, not to mention the letter to members. There really wasn't any need for him to comment back then in response to a couple of articles in The Herald. The journalist made comments on stadium issues and  big  match day experiences that we have no control over.  This statement is far more relevant to us and well timed given Regan's recent utterances

As a Scotland fan I am a supporter of Hampden being used for internationals ( and cup finals ) but the future of Queen's Park is far more important to me. If the SFA decide not to take up the further lease option then we will just have to move with the times - sell the land for development, pay off any debt we owe assorted bodies, then hopefully we will have enough left over to tart up Lesser to league standard. I would like to think we have a contingency plan in place should we have to re-locate      

Exactly. If only we could have made a statement like this from the start, rather than what seemed like weekly references to it in his blogs, not to mention the letter to members. There really wasn't any need for him to comment back then in response to a couple of articles in The Herald. The journalist made comments on stadium issues and  big  match day experiences that we have no control over.  This statement is far more relevant to us and well timed given Regan's recent utterances
As a Scotland fan I am a supporter of Hampden being used for internationals ( and cup finals ) but the future of Queen's Park is far more important to me. If the SFA decide not to take up the further lease option then we will just have to move with the times - sell the land for development, pay off any debt we owe assorted bodies, then hopefully we will have enough left over to tart up Lesser to league standard. I would like to think we have a contingency plan in place should we have to re-locate      

I'd expect any developer would want the land for Lesser too. Take the money, rebuild Second Hampden.

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'd expect any developer would want the land for Lesser too. Take the money, rebuild Second Hampden.

Probably. An extra 5 minutes walk from my hoose.  First world problems eh

Wharton allegedly spotted deep in conversation with Gus at training the other night ( heard he trains 1 night a week with us and the other with Pollok)

Hopefully this means he has a future with us when his loan deal is up come December 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2017 at 18:37, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Big Bryan making pals at Pollok. 3 mins.

indeed, but equally noticeable was his lack of participation in any of the other goal celebrations, perhaps suggesting he has no long term plans to stay there?

54 minutes ago, The Spider said:

indeed, but equally noticeable was his lack of participation in any of the other goal celebrations, perhaps suggesting he has no long term plans to stay there?

I spoke to him a while back and he was gutted at leaving. Hopefully Mick1867's observations were a parlez, not a piss-off. If May/Junckers can compromise surely Wharton/MacPherson  can come to terms?

There's another piece in The Herald written by Neil Cameron date 11 December, a modern day journalist, whose headline cites 'only 15 % of fans want Scotland to remain at Hampden'. His source of this shattering news was a survey of less than 3,000 'fans'. Members of the Scottish Football Supporters Association, who describe themselves as the Independent Voice of Scottish football supporters. So, anti-SFA. Despite plenty of statistics that could be argued a majority were not in favour ( using a similarly twisted bias) the primary questions that should have been asked are 'how often do you attend Hampden, Internationals, cup-ties etc.' Without this the report has no validity at all. Interestingly the Most Important Factor section was topped by 'atmosphere...Internationals'. The team performance is surely the biggest factor in that.

Mr. Cameron also refers to Hampden as ' home of League 2 minnows Queen's Park'. Up-to-the-minute reporting!

It's a propaganda war now. The GLASGOW Herald used to be a real newspaper. It's in worse nick now than Hampden's ever been.

Source: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15715129.New_poll_shows_fans_are_overwhelmingly_in_favour_of_moving_away_from_Hampden/

Source: ScottishFSA.org:Report On The Hampden Survey

The website of the paper formerly known as The Glasgow Herald is now a cesspit of sensationalist lunacy and illiteracy on a monumental scale. And that's just the sports section. The rest is even worse.

They've gone in quite heavily on this "time to get rid of Hampden" thing, especially with the promotion of Fergus McCann's "open letter" to the SFA. They did publish the brief reply from Queen's Park and I was going to post the link to the relevant article but having glanced through the utter bigot fest that comprises the BTL comments on said article I decided against it. I wouldn't want to be accused of helping to promote brain rot by linking to that site. All I'll say is that there is a hell of a lot of misinformation flying about and trying to wade through it  would put your mental health at risk.

I have mixed opinions on Hampden but it is a situation which requires proper in-depth  discussion, free from pressure by vested interests.

I wonder what Ian Archer would make of Neil Cameron?

There's another piece in The Herald written by Neil Cameron date 11 December, a modern day journalist, whose headline cites 'only 15 % of fans want Scotland to remain at Hampden'. His source of this shattering news was a survey of less than 3,000 'fans'. Members of the Scottish Football Supporters Association, who describe themselves as the Independent Voice of Scottish football supporters. So, anti-SFA. Despite plenty of statistics that could be argued a majority were not in favour ( using a similarly twisted bias) the primary questions that should have been asked are 'how often do you attend Hampden, Internationals, cup-ties etc.' Without this the report has no validity at all. Interestingly the Most Important Factor section was topped by 'atmosphere...Internationals'. The team performance is surely the biggest factor in that.

Mr. Cameron also refers to Hampden as ' home of League 2 minnows Queen's Park'. Up-to-the-minute reporting!

It's a propaganda war now. The GLASGOW Herald used to be a real newspaper. It's in worse nick now than Hampden's ever been.

Source: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15715129.New_poll_shows_fans_are_overwhelmingly_in_favour_of_moving_away_from_Hampden/

Source: ScottishFSA.org:Report On The Hampden Survey

Didn't read it myself but was there not a follow up in the Herald by Steven Thomson which was more supportive of Hampden?

Archived