Queen's Park 2017/18

Didn't think an Arbroath fan would lower themself to put Queens Park as their team.
Whatever floats yer boat I suppose.

I’m actually a QP fan for clarity ... the username is an old one I’ve used since setting up my first email back in the 90’s and too lazy to change .

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

He thinks you're a QP fan so don't feel so bad. Having "Smokie" in your user name would be enough for most people. But we're talking Clyde fans.....

1 hour ago, Smokiejohn said:

I’m actually a QP fan for clarity ... the username is an old one I’ve used since setting up my first email back in the 90’s and too lazy to change .

Looks like there is only one fan denser than Clyde supporters

Take a bow HD.

To be fair I’ve only joined P&B forum recently and don’t post much .

You're very welcome Smokiejohn. HD has a busy life. Try not to attract Cumbernauld's riff-raff. They desperately want to belong but unless they will denounce all their wrongdoings they're just going to have to keep roughing it.

You're very welcome Smokiejohn. HD has a busy life. Try not to attract Cumbernauld's riff-raff. They desperately want to belong but unless they will denounce all their wrongdoings they're just going to have to keep roughing it.

Thanks for the welcome . First football forum I’ve been on. Enjoying the crack while desperately trying not to put my foot in it .

4 hours ago, Smokiejohn said:

Thanks for the welcome . First football forum I’ve been on. Enjoying the crack while desperately trying not to put my foot in it .

Glad to have you on board Smokiejohn. Just be aware of the Forum rules though:

• Rule One  -  no Clyde fans

• Rule Two -  no member of this thread is to maltreat the Cumbernauld itinerants in any way at all.............................if there's anybody watching.
  • Rule Three - no Clyde fans

• Rule Four -  I don't want to catch anybody not laughing whenever the Gypos deludedly still refer to themselves as a “big team”.

• Rule Five - no Clyde fans

• Rule Six, there is NO .................... Rule Six.
  • Rule Seven   -  no Clyde fans

Hope your real name isn't Bruce as it will only cause confusion :lol:

Glad to have you on board Smokiejohn. Just be aware of the Forum rules though:
  • Rule One  -  no Clyde fans
  • Rule Two -  no member of this thread is to maltreat the Cumbernauld itinerants in any way at all.............................if there's anybody watching.
  • Rule Three - no Clyde fans
  • Rule Four -  I don't want to catch anybody not laughing whenever the Gypos deludedly still refer to themselves as a “big team”.
  • Rule Five - no Clyde fans
  • Rule Six, there is NO .................... Rule Six.
  • Rule Seven   -  no Clyde fans

Hope your real name isn't Bruce as it will only cause confusion :lol:

That’s a fine set of rules ... great stuff.

Excuse my post nightshift brain freeze , but not getting the “ Bruce “ thing.

The SFA are busy talking about the possible benefits of leaving Hampden, which is only natural while talks are ongoing. QPFC however in public are not promoting the benefits of staying. Hampden is not just a football pitch for the SFA. They also have all the office space, Museum, revenue from concerts/events, profits from catering etc which would all be lost with a move. The decision is in the SFA's hands and we should know very soon.

If the SFA does leave Hampden, does QPFC have a future? Hampden being used for their home games only is obviously untenable. Can Hampden pay it's own way and make a profit from other activities? Or would the club have to sell up and hope that any monies gained outweigh debts? What could the land be used for? Would planning permission be given for housing etc, or would the stadium be allowed to fall apart? Could QPFC survive without the revenue from being Hampden's landlord? Could Lesser Hampden be developed to be able to hold league games?

Many questions which will have consequences for the area as well as the Club...

1 hour ago, Glasgow1999 said:

The SFA are busy talking about the possible benefits of leaving Hampden, which is only natural while talks are ongoing. QPFC however in public are not promoting the benefits of staying. Hampden is not just a football pitch for the SFA. They also have all the office space, Museum, revenue from concerts/events, profits from catering etc which would all be lost with a move. The decision is in the SFA's hands and we should know very soon.

If the SFA does leave Hampden, does QPFC have a future? Hampden being used for their home games only is obviously untenable. Can Hampden pay it's own way and make a profit from other activities? Or would the club have to sell up and hope that any monies gained outweigh debts? What could the land be used for? Would planning permission be given for housing etc, or would the stadium be allowed to fall apart? Could QPFC survive without the revenue from being Hampden's landlord? Could Lesser Hampden be developed to be able to hold league games?

Many questions which will have consequences for the area as well as the Club...

Record or Sun?

It's a match thread. How did you enjoy the game?

32 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

From the OS. Difficult times for The Doc. Trying to get factual reporting and truth out when faced with the Scottish press is a tricky balancing act. 

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?p=6195

Actually Queen's have a few friends in the press - Scotsman, Record and Sun all going with this today

Archived