Queen's Park 2017/18

On 24/09/2017 at 19:15, Bring Your Own Socks said:

He is on loan Alf, but I don't remember anyone going on loan and coming back. I think it's a euphemism for "you're done here son". 

Sorry to say but I agree and dont expect to see him anytime soon which is a great pity as despite his lack of consisitency I reckon he was more of an asset rather than a liability and I for one will miss him.

Best of luck to you Bryan and hope you get a better reception at Pollok.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Sorry to say but I agree and dont expect to see him anytime soon which is a great pity as despite his lack of consisitency I reckon he was more of an asset rather than a liability and I for one will miss him.

The OS has announced that he's been signed to 4th December. Peculiar to say the least.

Talking of absent friends, Assistant Coach Quinn hasn't been around the technical area recently. Surely not? :unsure2: 

10 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

A better reception ? Well it was Gus that signed him and he was pretty much a regular in his first couple of seasons so you can't really get a better reception. He was also a pretty popular player with the fans and I believe he still is with the majority. However he isn't beyond criticism when he makes mistakes or beyond getting dropped 

Hope to see him back at Hampden after his loan spell fighting for his place. 

15 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Talking of absent friends, Assistant Coach Quinn hasn't been around the technical area recently. Surely not? :unsure2: 

Heard he's on loan to Pollok as well.... or he could just be on holiday :unsure2:

16 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

despite his lack of consisitency I reckon he was more of an asset rather than a liability and I for one will miss him.

Ditto. I can well understand why some people will be glad he's gone, but far more was made of his blunders than the (equal?) amount of goal-saving tackles he made, so he had an overall clean sheet as far as I was concerned and I think he's as deserving of a squad place as Cummins or Kevin Green so hope to see him back (but doubt it for the reason BYOS has highlighted).

3 hours ago, The Spider said:

Ditto. I can well understand why some people will be glad he's gone, but far more was made of his blunders than the (equal?) amount of goal-saving tackles he made, so he had an overall clean sheet as far as I was concerned and I think he's as deserving of a squad place as Cummins or Kevin Green so hope to see him back (but doubt it for the reason BYOS has highlighted).

Ironically he was dropped the week after his best league performance of the season against  Stranraer,  where he made a fine goal saving block to stop us going 3-1 down. 

The problem was a lot of his blunders led to us losing very soft goals, thus giving them a higher profile than ones made by others on the pitch. I'd like to see how he got on in a back 3 with Iredale and Cummins. I suppose we also have Gibby back as cover for that area

Anyone know why the TV screens in the Hampden concourse have been switched off during QP games? This is detrimental to my match day experience and surely constitutes grounds for a partial refund on my season ticket. There's a rumour that the screens in the tea lounge are on at half time while those of us who decide to forego the delights of the stale cakes are left to stare at blank screens.

Pip pip!

13 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Anyone know why the TV screens in the Hampden concourse have been switched off during QP games?

I have it on good authority that it's a cost issue. The TV's need to be switched on prior to your arrival and then switched off again after the game. Unfortunately this is not an automated action and requires a highly skilled technician to be onsite between 2.00pm and 5.00pm at a rate of £135 per hour. However the Club are looking for additional sponsorship to try and restore this service to you as the paying customer is always uppermost in their thoughts.

50 minutes ago, The Spider said:

I have it on good authority that it's a cost issue. The TV's need to be switched on prior to your arrival and then switched off again after the game. Unfortunately this is not an automated action and requires a highly skilled technician to be onsite between 2.00pm and 5.00pm at a rate of £135 per hour. However the Club are looking for additional sponsorship to try and restore this service to you as the paying customer is always uppermost in their thoughts.

I have an ominous feeling that the above may be not too far from the truth. I was kind of hoping that the club had just forgotten to switch them on at the last couple of home games.  I don't think they even read out the halftime scores over the public address system at the Ayr Utd game.

16 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

I don't think they even read out the halftime scores over the public address system at the Ayr Utd game.

It wouldn't matter if they had, you can hardly make out a word that mumbler says

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

It wouldn't matter if they had, you can hardly make out a word that mumbler says

For a good while I thought it was my hearing that was going until I noticed people round about me saying "Eh?" "Whit?" "Who?" during and after every announcement.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived