Queen's Park 2017/18

Alright gents, sorry to go off topic but me and a few mates are planning our day for the game on the 16th and were hoping to utilise your knowledge! 

We were planning to just head to Armstrongs as we do for Scotland games but heard you have a social club at lesser Hampden? I was just wondering what the situation was there with opening times, away fans (and colours), tele's, pool/darts etc?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

P.S that Zanatta boy looks decent going by the highlight reel for you boys - any good?

I think the place opens at 12.30. Adequate selection of food; certainly much better and cheaper than the stadium.

Zanatta took a while to get up to speed but ended the season as a bit of a star. Nice lad. .......hope he stinks on the 16th though.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I think the place opens at 12.30. Adequate selection of food; certainly much better and cheaper than the stadium.

Zanatta took a while to get up to speed but ended the season as a bit of a star. Nice lad. .......hope he stinks on the 16th though.

Brilliant mate, thanks a lot!

Hmm interesting, will be intriguing to see whether he can kick on and might not need any 'get up to speed time' having already played a number of proper league games. As long as we win mate he can smell of pure shite and i'll kiss him ... Enjoy the game!

How did Jack Iredale get on today? I was impressed in the couple of games he played for us, just a bit raw and in need of experience. Could be a good player. 

Fitted straight in. Very composed, lost very little, played forward passes to feet at every opportunity. Breath of fresh air. Impressive debut.

14 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Fitted straight in. Very composed, lost very little, played forward passes to feet at every opportunity. Breath of fresh air. Impressive debut.

also thought he did well today, stiffer tests in the next two weeks though so will be interesting to see how he gets on in these.

Had a great day at Hampden yesterday with my two kids. I didn't think it was a 5-0 game but we were very clinical.
Thoroughly enjoyed your social club and at the game itself the stewards, staff, ticket sellers etc were a credit to the club.
The other highlight was watching the academy teams play Ross County from the balcony of the social club. On the south half of the pitch especially, the football played by the young Queens Park team was excellent and the number ten was just superb - what a left foot. He was like a level headed Chic Charnley.

5 hours ago, bobthespider said:

Just a quick question. Why are the rows of padded seats always taped off at Queens Park games why when we pay the most you can pay to see the game not have the option to sit there ?

sorry Bob, but until

a) you've had the full course of innoculations

b) have pledged not to tut during games

and c) can prove that you have sufficient toffees for everyone to rustle the cellophane wrapppers afterwards

there's no way you're getting anywhere near the Members section.

Bryan Wharton signed for Pollok. He was terrific in his first season, but I don't think he quite managed to replicate that level of consistency beyond that. A competent League Two player, so I've no doubt he'll do well back at that level.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Bryan Wharton signed for Pollok. He was terrific in his first season, but I don't think he quite managed to replicate that level of consistency beyond that. A competent League Two player, so I've no doubt he'll do well back at that level.

Just didn't have the consistency. Magnificent against Morton and awful against Albion. Summed his last year up really and was always going to struggle to get in the team with iredale signing. Good luck to him anyway, played a massive part in us getting to league 1 

Just didn't have the consistency. Magnificent against Morton and awful against Albion. Summed his last year up really and was always going to struggle to get in the team with iredale signing. Good luck to him anyway, played a massive part in us getting to league 1 

Is he not just away on loan? He was at hampden yesterday as pollok game mysteriously cancelled

On 20/09/2017 at 17:36, The Spider said:

sorry Bob, but until

a) you've had the full course of innoculations

b) have pledged not to tut during games

and c) can prove that you have sufficient toffees for everyone to rustle the cellophane wrapppers afterwards

there's no way you're getting anywhere near the Members section.

Aye, they don't mind you swearing as long as the swearing is directed at the players they are allegedly there to support. Why would anyone want to sit there anyway? I suppose the view might be better 

Is he not just away on loan? He was at hampden yesterday as pollok game mysteriously cancelled

Hope Bryan doesn't take that personally. [emoji4] really like the big fella and he had some great performances this season. Unfortunately it became the norm that a single mistake in a game became the talking point. I prefer to remember him for some epic tackles and a few tidy goals. Glad the club have given him the space to enjoy his football again.

Archived