Queen's Park 2017/18

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

See Luke Donnelly played for your reserves tonight, you signed him?

Interesting. From a previous interview...

“I would say the No.10 role is my prefered position. I’m more of a link-up player than a goal scorer but hopefully I can add a couple of goals in as well. If I just keep working hopefully I can stay in the team.”

It's a netbulger we need not another "link-up" aka just-off-the-striker type.

14 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Finboggasson 

:lol:The greatest loan signing never to play for us. Somebody,  somewhere still has that Icelandic flag. At least they got to unfurl it for a few days last year

You guys have signed centre back Jack Iredale on loan from us. Was brought in for the development squad and filled in for us during our injury crisis so I've not seen much of him but he looked good on the ball, strong and relatively quick. Didn't look out of place (admittedly against the worst team I've seen at Cappielow in a while Edinburgh City) Canny remember if he started against QP at Cappielow.

Think this could be a good move for him and his development. Hopefully he does well.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

What's this Zanatta like then? Any good?

Aye, he scored a few crackin goals for us last season. Was hoping to get him back on loan but that's obviously not happening now 

On 01/09/2017 at 20:17, spiders4ever said:

Andy is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He must be wondering when his alarm clock is going to wake him up from this dream. World at his feet. My reaction to the goal was quite unseemly.

Pity to miss out on Zanatta, I think he would start each game for us, but I'm baffled as to how he fits into that Raith Rovers team as a loanee needing game time.

Raith have a full-time set-up which means coaching/playing every day plus most likely to win promotion. Clearly a step-up from us in the development chain. I doubt if the player gets too much of a say in the events, sadly. Hearts pay his wages, they call the shots.

Always wondered about these loans. Does the host club/coach decide if they play or not or is it a contractual condition that they must get played when fit.

19 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Always wondered about these loans. Does the host club/coach decide if they play or not or is it a contractual condition that they must get played when fit.

You would think the host club has a say, the likes of Jordan Moore a couple of seasons back and McIlduff last season spent a fair bit of time on the bench. Although taking a player on loan and then not playing him runs the risk of pissing off the loaning club and they may be less inclined to loan to you in the future.

Alright gents, sorry to go off topic but me and a few mates are planning our day for the game on the 16th and were hoping to utilise your knowledge! 

We were planning to just head to Armstrongs as we do for Scotland games but heard you have a social club at lesser Hampden? I was just wondering what the situation was there with opening times, away fans (and colours), tele's, pool/darts etc?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

P.S that Zanatta boy looks decent going by the highlight reel for you boys - any good?

3 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Alright gents, sorry to go off topic but me and a few mates are planning our day for the game on the 16th and were hoping to utilise your knowledge! 

We were planning to just head to Armstrongs as we do for Scotland games but heard you have a social club at lesser Hampden? I was just wondering what the situation was there with opening times, away fans (and colours), tele's, pool/darts etc?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

P.S that Zanatta boy looks decent going by the highlight reel for you boys - any good?

We accept fans of any colour at Queen's Park #notoracism

On 9/4/2017 at 12:39, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Away fans are welcome, no bother with wearing colours.  There are tellies, which sometimes work.  There is no pool or darts.

Archived