Queen's Park 2017/18

Everyone else seems to be starting their new season threads, so might as well start a QP one. McGeever (Brechin) and McKernon definitely gone and I'd imagine that a few more will leave, whether through their choice or ours. They'll be tough to replace. Only pre-season friendly I've seen pencilled in is Neilston Juniors at Lesser on Wednesday July 19. The games against juniors tend to be more of a development side if recent years are anything to go by.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liam brown has signed for Motherwell. With his technical ability, he's capable of playing in the in Spl, just needs to improve himself physically, wish him well.

18 hours ago, an86 said:

McGeever (Brechin) and McKernon definitely gone and I'd imagine that a few more will leave, whether through their choice or ours. They'll be tough to replace. Only pre-season friendly I've seen pencilled in is Neilston Juniors at Lesser on Wednesday July 19. The games against juniors tend to be more of a development side if recent years are anything to go by.

Where's McKernon off to? Haven't seen anything mentioned about him.

July 19th is after the league cup starts so imagine Neilston game would be mainly 20s.

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

Where's McKernon off to? Haven't seen anything mentioned about him.

July 19th is after the league cup starts so imagine Neilston game would be mainly 20s.

I heard Albion were after him 

On 04/06/2017 at 20:13, qpfc said:

Liam brown has signed for Motherwell. With his technical ability, he's capable of playing in the in Spl, just needs to improve himself physically, wish him well.

When was it announced as I know we were interested in signing Brown? I know Well have signed a lot of players this last week but strangely his name doesn't appear to be one of them

First game of the season home to a Premiership side live on the telly....a unique experience to say the least. Will the kick off time be getting moved then?  

Berwick away or Edinburgh away on a Saturday would have been splendid but not to be. City will be up for their trip to Hampden and it will be good to catch up for a sesh with all the ex-Meadowbank troops again

Disappointed that Brown is off to full time football but I think that he needs this to develop. I think he has a future in the game.

McGeever and McKernon will be really hard to replace. However, the QP scouts have done really well in recent years. Hopefully, they do the business again.

Keeping Gus, though, is the key in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Disappointed that Brown is off to full time football but I think that he needs this to develop. I think he has a future in the game.

McGeever and McKernon will be really hard to replace. However, the QP scouts have done really well in recent years. Hopefully, they do the business again.

Keeping Gus, though, is the key in my opinion.

Inverness interest in Gus has cooled according to the P&J. I think it was always going to be Paul Sheerin's if he wanted it. Total disaster if we did lose in at this stage when trying to get deals done. Would hope we'd be straight on the blower to Billy Stark if the worst did happen.

On 06/06/2017 at 11:56, Andyboy said:

Also that we are looking to sign Pollok Juniors striker Del Hepburn.

Someone please please tell me it's not the same guy who was the Partick Thistle U-19 player? If so, and unless he's dramatically cleaned up his act, we don't need the extra baggage he brings with him.

2 hours ago, The Spider said:

Someone please please tell me it's not the same guy who was the Partick Thistle U-19 player? If so, and unless he's dramatically cleaned up his act, we don't need the extra baggage he brings with him.

I watch Pollok occasionally. Eddie Hunter has cast an eye over Del. He has skill and pace and an eye for goal. Worth a punt. No longer a daft teenager. I'd like to see him turn out for us.

16 hours ago, AlbertMcreath said:

No longer a daft teenager.

He might not be a teenager but he's still a daftie by the look of his twitter page which is full of loyalist and unionist nonsense ( just realised this is the guy who got sacked by Thistle for sectarian comments about Neil Lennon)  

Re-tweeting racists like Tommy Robinson, and in one tweet refers to Celtic fans as "crash barriers", ....ffs. Not sure he's the sort of person I'd like playing for us, no matter his abilities. Maybe Gus will get him telt and sort him out 

Ciaran McElroy came to us with a similar cloud hovering over him, but we avoided a downpour then so perhaps he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Gus is exactly the man we need to oversee this as history tells us that if the lad puts one foot over the line of acceptability thern he'll be oot on his arse before it even touches the ground.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Afternoon, that's Stephen Craigan just confirmed we've brought in Liam Brown from you guys. What's the general consensus on him?

Tidy footballer, needs to bulk up a bit. I've heard murmurings of an attitude problem. That being said, he has a chance if he applies himself.

Archived