14 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

Aye, it was on this thread before it got hijacked by yon Jambo numpty.

I think the Kamberi situation is as follows:

• He would like to go to England (who wouldn't? $$$), but we're not sure if there's concrete interest from there yet
  • Hibs really want him, he liked it there and it's a good stepping stone to England
  • If he lets the Hibs option expire, then Grasshoppers would have full control over him again
  • He really doesn't want to go back to Grasshoppers

IMO he will sign for Hibs unless someone actually makes an offer for him in the next 10 days or so. Hibs might have to give him a good deal where he can go after a year if there is an offer, like Cummings did.

Hope you're right. Even if there was a 500k - 1m type clause involved that would work well for all concerned. We get a quality player for a snip and most likely a decent wee profit; he probably gets a lucrative move in the near future. As you say though, if an offer from down south does come in soon we'll have no chance. Couldn't begrudge him that move either.

5 hours ago, Austin McCann said:

:)

Sweep.

jose.png

On 5/21/2018 at 21:02, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Seen that, good luck to him. Holt seems a good guy and I wish him all the best. Good to see a footballer try something else when they finish that doesn’t involve football.

Actually agree with you on this.  :thumsup2

Although it didn't work out for Rio Ferdinand he at least tried.

We are apparently “closing in” on the signing of Stevie Mallan according to the Daily Record. 

Leeann Dempster has also rejected the chance to move to Plymouth. Which is the least shocking news ever.

11 minutes ago, Zing. said:

We are apparently “closing in” on the signing of Stevie Mallan according to the Daily Record. 

Leeann Dempster has also rejected the chance to move to Plymouth. Which is the least shocking news ever.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hibs-close-stephen-mallan-signing-12609076

On 02/05/2018 at 00:17, Alan Stubbs said:

Did anyone watch the Garry Jos interview? Truly a roller coaster of emotions. I went from finding it hilarious, to depressing, to practically life affirming with how much the club has changed.

The likes of him, Murray and Stack summed up the worst of Hibs for me looking back. Everyone (deservedly in many cases) hated the loanees and mercenaries but loved these wasters. I feel a bit sorry for Garry but the stench of loser that our "senior pros" were stinking the club out with was an even bigger problem than the half arsed Doherty types imo.

The likes of Hanlon, McGregor and Stevenson couldn't seem any more different. And unlike Murray, Stack and co, they prove that they're each hard b*****ds by rarely losing 50/50s, rather than tombstoning Ian Black or fighting wee VL students up town.

More importantly, did they mute him saying c**t early doors, then leave in about three "ya c**t ye"s when he was pishing himself laughing? :lol:

Also can someone who's more up on this stuff, run me through this "blood cleaning" idea? I'm absolutely howling at someone inadvertently juicing for two years, then bragging a decade later that he was beasting bleep tests and scaring people in the gym. 

I felt exactly the same.

I actually liked Graham Stack, but was blissfully unaware of how much of a waster he was while at the club. Nevertheless, he put in better performances than most. I feel like we would have fared better if he was fit/available more often – although perhaps that was down to his issues rather than any genuine fitness concerns?

The 'blood cleaning' can be an assortment of things, and his vague explanation doesn't really help; the way he boasts about 'beasting they bleep tests' makes me believe that it may be as shady as it sounds. A decade later and he's still 'beasting bleep tests' of another variety: the poor sound editor was probably voluntarily giving up his time to put that video together – a bit more perseverance and he could have won an Oscar for sound editing. (Garry would have walked away with a 'Razzie' for worst acting.)

It's something that cannot be proven/disproven, due to O'Connor's believability and Russian sport's 'deceivability'.

The comments about the 2012 Cup Final brought back a bitter taste that was almost entirely eradicated after the 2016 Cup Final.
I think I'll pass on his autobiography and miss the in-depth analysis of 'beasting blood bleep tests' at Tom Tomsk.

Edited by Mon Dieu

48 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

They still got skelped 5-1 in the biggest cup final in Scottish football history

Funny that, I was at the biggest cup final in Scottish football history, and I could've sworn the scoreboard read:

Spoiler

5b0d48175395c_ScreenShot2018-05-29at13_30_48.thumb.png.cfd5799381963376e0a916bad56b0a58.png

4 hours ago, ali_91 said:

They still got skelped 5-1 in the biggest cup final in Scottish football history, nice to be nice sometimes Tam, try it out. 

:thumsup2:lol:

4 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Funny that, I was at the biggest cup final in Scottish football history, and I could've sworn the scoreboard read:

Reveal hidden contents

5b0d48175395c_ScreenShot2018-05-29at13_30_48.thumb.png.cfd5799381963376e0a916bad56b0a58.png

Nah, he said 'biggest' not 'most exuberant'.  :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Nah mate you are wrong, everything Hearts is HUGE, BIG, MASSIVE.

Superiority complex. Weird wee fucks.

31 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’m not a Hearts fan. So pretty strange comment tbh.

Hibs - Rangers* was a much better contest, more entertaining, more scenes, more **** lying bleeding on the floor. As such Hibs - Rangers* 2 would be up there as the biggest final there’s been, but Hearts - Hibs was clearly the bigger of 2012 and 2016, and the one that came with eternal bragging rights. The fact it was an absolute walkover, and a player your fans had racially abused for years scored twice must have made it even harder to take. Deep down you all know you’d have rather won that one. 

The rest of Scottish football would have rathered you winning 2016, and kudos for chasing the **** up and down Hampden Park as well. Two great finals.  

Aye okay mate. :D

Back on track and isn’t it nice to have the single greatest sportsperson Great Britain has ever produced mentoring our young lads. Qudos Hibs. 

Scenes when he eventually takes over from Lennon.

Edited by Austinho