4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think well get to keep Scott Martin? I love him

I’d say yes, doesn’t look like it’s going to work out for him at Hibs. We’ve had a really good midfield ever since he broke through. Needs to play regularly at his age and is out of contract at the end of the season.

How has he been playing?

Delighted to see Shaw sign up. Looks like another one off the non stop conveyer belt of absolute ballers coming out of East Mains.
I’m surprised McGinn is still here. Thought he’d be gone by now. 
Seemingly Celtic's eye is now directed towards McGinn after getting Morgan signed up. Expect the £500k bid tomorrow morning.

Supposedly it’s West Ham who are really interested in him. 
Fingers crossed. Could see Celtic trying to mould him into Scott Browns replacement, and it would be a crying shame to see McGinns attacking ability stunted in that way. Could see an English club driving him to be more dynamic.

I’d say yes, doesn’t look like it’s going to work out for him at Hibs. We’ve had a really good midfield ever since he broke through. Needs to play regularly at his age and is out of contract at the end of the season.
How has he been playing?

Great.

He’s easily good enough for the Championship IMO. Even could do a job for a lower Premiership team considering the kind of player he is.

He’s already played for you guys and us so don’t think he can play for anyone else.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

West Ham and Celtic are utterly shite places for McGinn to go. Can't say where I think would be best, but a struggling Premiership team are unlikely to give him much of a chance and will spend like f**k if they get relegated. Moyes doesn't have a great track record of keeping jobs either, although he seems to be doing ok there so far.

Celtic as folk have said, will want him to be Brown. 

He just needs to go somewhere he’ll play regularly. If Moyes were to last, I don’t think West Ham would be the worst move for him. It would be ideal for us, they’d surely pay the most.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

West Ham and Celtic are utterly shite places for McGinn to go. Can't say where I think would be best, but a struggling Premiership team are unlikely to give him much of a chance and will spend like f**k if they get relegated. Moyes doesn't have a great track record of keeping jobs either, although he seems to be doing ok there so far.

West Ham would be a great move for McGinn, Moyes also loves a Scottish player in his team. Can’t see them being relegated either very much a team on the up.

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Very true but I believe he can play that role well in time. Brown struggled a bit when he first came. He admitted in his book he struggled with the extra fitness required to play a dozen more games or so per season. His attacking threat was lessened as there were  better than him at it. This happens all the time (See Keane  at Man u for well a known example).  It was always going to happen with Brown as he can’t  pass a long ball nor is his shooting great.

I really hope we do sign Mcginn as Brown wont be around forever and would like Mcginn to learn off him for a year or two. If any sort of bidding war happens though we wont get him. I think Mcginn would get an easier ride too than Brown did as they knew how long it took him to really settle but now he is loved by everyone so may afford a bit more time for Mcginn.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

This is the issue with the EPL though. Clubs are fucking ruthless and IMO McGinn still needs brought on a wee bit, specially to step up a level. West Ham are a basket case as someone already said. They would stall his development as results are everything there and f**k player development.

Agree with that.

It may just be because I'm watching Liverpool v Everton but I can't help but think a pathway similar to Robertson or even McCarthy would work best for McGinn in the long run. Move to a Hull or a Wigan equivalent and make sure he gets games at that level, dunno who that is these days? Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton, Watford?  Somewhere that he's not going to just get lost or whose owners are going to have a shit-fit and sack the guy who signed him 6 games after he's in the door.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is the issue with the EPL though. Clubs are fucking ruthless and IMO McGinn still needs brought on a wee bit, specially to step up a level. West Ham are a basket case as someone already said. They would stall his development as results are everything there and f**k player development.

West Ham tried go down the having a director of football route, which Moyes has stated is no longer the case. He chooses who is signed and no 1 else apparently. If Moyes wants him then he clearly rates him. Even going to West Ham and maybe being loaned back to Hibs would be a great move.