You can't hype up a goal scoring record, his games played and goals scored are facts. There was always going to be teams interested purely because of that. 

Aye you can, and you have done it well.

I have always been jealous of hibs (and to a lesser extent utd's) ability to get good fees for unspectacular players while we lose ours on frees or development fees.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Aye you can, and you have done it well.

I have always been jealous of hibs (and to a lesser extent utd's) ability to get good fees for unspectacular players while we lose ours on frees or development fees.

In this case, the goal scoring record is there in black and white. Which what he'll be signed for. Anyone falling for some hype is an idiot.

Just now, Boostin' Kev said:

If only it was as easy as building hype to get clubs in England to part with £1-£2m on a Championship/Premiership player.  Every club in the country would be rolling in it.

We should see if we can punt Hanlon for a couple mill next.

£1.4m is f**k all for a Championship club. He's a 21 year old who has already cleared 20+ goals three years in a row, he's clearly a big prospect. It would neither surprise me to see him back in Scotland in 6 months, or end up being a total steal at that kind of price.

Personally, I'm pretty accepting of the whole situation. He signed a new deal whilst he had interested in him from down south and played a big role in getting us up this year. I can't begrudge him a move at all and I suspect the discussions last year would've involved Hibs telling him they'd accept a reasonable bid the following summer. I'm not going to have a chug about it though just because some smaller clubs sold players for peanuts.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His goals per minute stat in the Championship is nigh on exactly the same as Chris Kane.

Chris Kane who played for the weakest team in the division.

Cummings has been hyped up, it's not really debatable.

Is his wikipedia page filled with shite or are you really comparing a goal record over less than 30 league games to Cummings' over nearly 100?

2 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Nice kits. Hopeful ours will be decent as well.

IMG_0065.JPG

White version of the away kit with green hoops and dark green outlines would be lovely

Hartson's an absolute slaver. You could count on one hand the number of clubs who don't lose their best players. None of us are surprised to be losing Cummings and aside from the odd nutcase you get with any club, most of are pretty calm with the expectations for next year as far as I can tell.

It's Lennon's who's spraffing shite about being the second best team in the country, the idea of us piling unrealstic pressure on to him is hilarious.

Get a good price for Cummings and possibly McGinn, invest whatever chunk of the money he gets (it won't be a shoestring by most Premiership club's standards) fairly well and consolidate with a top 6 finish. Bonus points for a good derby record, European places contention, cup runs etc. I'd say that's where most of our heads are at, minimum expectations wise.

Whereas what will happen if Lennon spunks the money on his Scottish Championship 2016/17/Gmail contact list scouting network and does shite, is he'll throw a hissy and blame over the top expectations that he made up for himself and player sales.

What does Hartson expect Hibs to do keep Cummings against his will? What an utter slaver. Every club in Scotland is a selling club, even Celtic who will sell Dembele soon. They've already sold Forster, Wanyama, Van dijk, Hooper to name a few, did he moan about Lawell when they did?

How do c***s like that get paid to be a pundit?