"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

After last weeks minter on Twitter with the club tweeting SEPA about the drinking water in Paisley we're treated to the following.  Jordan Jones stated that the TCS is the worst ground he's played at, a fair enough comment as it's not the greatest ground going. Instead of letting this go our club account felt the need to retort with the following attempt at "banter" which went down as well as you'd expect...[/url]  

Clearly your Twitter account poster is a bigger clown than Ritchie Foran ever was.  

I too, wish to echo JJ's reply to this absolute weapons tweet "Who?".

The Highland League awaits your return very soon [emoji23]

1aab43bbcf750c52ec05cc65e34bf28e.jpg

5 hours ago, RiG said:

After last weeks minter on Twitter with the club tweeting SEPA about the drinking water in Paisley we're treated to the following.

Jordan Jones stated that the TCS is the worst ground he's played at, a fair enough comment as it's not the greatest ground going. Instead of letting this go our club account felt the need to retort with the following attempt at "banter" which went down as well as you'd expect...

This is becoming more and more frequent.  The club account replies to every piece of criticism and wades into everything.  It's cringeworthy.

6 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

We're travelling up for the match on Saturday but are booked on the 1730 train, which poses a slight challenge regarding carry out procurement!   From memory there's an M&S garage on Longman Road, do you know if this sells booze?  

I think they've got a small selection of stuff in there. It's one of those simply food shops so it's more sandwiches and crisps. If you are organised you could always book a taxi to pick you up from the ground, zip you back into town and head to the Coop a few minutes from the station to grab some tinnies.

Edited by RiG

6 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

We're travelling up for the match on Saturday but are booked on the 1730 train, which poses a slight challenge regarding carry out procurement!   From memory there's an M&S garage on Longman Road, do you know if this sells booze?  

The Esso on Longman Road beside the B & Q sells booze too, think it's a slightly better range of productthan the M & S too.

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The club Twitter account is a joke, I don't know anyone who doesn't think so.

It's an embarrassment.  If a 12 year old was running it you could let it go, but it's a grown man on an ego trip.  

Edited by Highland Capital

9 hours ago, FFCinthearea said:

Cheers folks.  I expect it will be a long journey back  so refreshments will be required!

Station lockers aren't expensive. We used to buy enough drink for both there and back and use the lockers to stash the home leg's cargo whilst at the game. 

13 hours ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

Station lockers aren't expensive. We used to buy enough drink for both there and back and use the lockers to stash the home leg's cargo whilst at the game. 

The way your team performs you would need a  40ft container  to hold enough booze to drown yer sorrows.

23 hours ago, FFCinthearea said:

You are very welcome to use the stadium bar as long as you have a game ticket.

The club Twitter account is a joke, I don't know anyone who doesn't think so.

Agree completely, except for the fact that jokes can be funny. Our Twitter feed is so toe-curlingly bad that you couldn't even put it down to some weird Alan Partridge tribute act

39 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

Agree completely, except for the fact that jokes can be funny. Our Twitter feed is so toe-curlingly bad that you couldn't even put it down to some weird Alan Partridge tribute act

We have a number of fans with journalism degrees and other expertise but have found the media team very resistant to any new involvement.  In fact, I know of fans who've offered to do the club Twitter when none of the media team were going and thus the club would be tweeting no updates from that game.  They found that the media side to the club was very much an old boys network for them and them alone.

We have a number of fans with journalism degrees and other expertise but have found the media team very resistant to any new involvement.  In fact, I know of fans who've offered to do the club Twitter when none of the media team were going and thus the club would be tweeting no updates from that game.  They found that the media side to the club was very much an old boys network for them and them alone.

Aye, had heard the same. Inverness has always been "it's not what you know but who you know" in many walks of life for as long as I can remember sadly. Sums up our board especially

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I think I remember the self same volunteer or two, ripping into the team to such an extent on online platforms that I would feel that the risk of letting them anywhere near official channels would present an unacceptable risk.