"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Guess we won't really be signing anyone unless we move players on. All a bit dull at the moment. Still fixtures out tomorrow. Hope we have County away at NY.

Yep perhaps Robbo is happy with the squad at the moment.  Suppose pre-season training will give him an idea of areas we still need to strengthen in.  

The first derby in Dingwall should be good.  First train through in the morning IMO.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Guess we won't really be signing anyone unless we move players on. All a bit dull at the moment. Still fixtures out tomorrow. Hope we have County away at NY.

Travel to the Big Apple might be a bit problematic at that time of year????

If not though then I'm definitely in. 

17 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I think it was at the last Euros, he was fuming - absolutely fuming - when people were saying they weren't supporting England.  I think it was pointed out to him that some of the posters might be supporting nations they have more of a connection with (posters supporting Australia who live in Australia for example).  That didn't make much difference.

CTO must be a strange place if there's people there who were supporting Australia at Euro 2016.

Just now, Forfinn said:

CTO must be a strange place if there's people there who were supporting Australia at Euro 2016.

I had a tenner on Brazil.

4 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Stood out well on loan to us last season. Slotted right into our defence like he had always been there. Knows what hes doing as a centre half, hopefully do well at ICT.

He was with us the season before.  We were relegated but he was by no means the worst player in our squad.  Looked solid and pinged the ball out of defence well as I recall.

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Is that Shaun Rooney a right-back?

Possibly! He came to us as a right back who can play in the centre if need be. Personally I'd play him as a wide right midfielder though. Charitably shall we say his positional sense is "raw". He's big, quick, physical and good on the ball. A set piece threat too, but his actual defending still needs some work.

Possibly! He came to us as a right back who can play in the centre if need be. Personally I'd play him as a wide right midfielder though. Charitably shall we say his positional sense is "raw". He's big, quick, physical and good on the ball. A set piece threat too, but his actual defending still needs some work.

He’s shite. Say it as it is, man.

I'd expect Rooney and Tremarco to be our starting full backs. Donaldson and Mckay in the middle. Warren will be back up along with McCart though it's clear we want Warren to leave and maybe he already is on his way with this McCart arrival. Calder and Mckay can provide cover at full back if required.

On paper a couple of good home fixtures to kick of the season against the newly promoted sides. Some tough away ones. New Year derby in Dingwall as well which is nice.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

What is the connection between the two?

From what I can find they have not worked together Sandy they must know each other is the only thing I can think of. Rice is no spring chicken though your team came good in the latter part of the season that of course does not come down to just a coach.