"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Looking at the players we've signed we seem to be targeting younger players who have a decent level of SPFL experience.

Shaun Rooney (right back)- 21 years old, 80+ appearances at Championship and lower levels.

Angus Beith (centre midfield) - 22 years old, 35 appearances at League One and Two level.

Tom Walsh (winger) - 21 years old, 90+ appearances in SPFL, mainly at Championship level.  

This compares to last season where we signed a load of players from outside Scotland or who'd been released by other clubs.  

Stand up John Robertson, That's a Peter Houston signing book, Hearts or Hibs freebies and players in the league

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It may well do, but bear in mind he was with Rangers from 2007-2017 - he's essentially had full time training his full career aside from last and this season.

Good point. Though who would blame him for wanting to forget everything about the time he spent there.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Uncle Roy all over the media bleating on about the reason we and county got relegated was that we were both complacent?? we at Caley are well aware why we got relegated and it was nothing to do with complacency,.

The reason that County got relegated was due in no small way to three management changes in one season leading to team instability, and we all know who was instrumental in bringing that about, you should have listened to Jim McIntyre when he told you what would happen Roy.

I think there was an assumption that the remnants of the cup winning squad were enough to ease in a rookie manager like Foran but obviously it wasn't.  There was a level of complacency there I think.

I said in another thread, there's a very small margin between success and failure in the SPFL.  Lose one important player and you can drop like a stone.

55 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Hopefully full time football will be able to help with this.

I'm not sure PB. 

He was just as inconsistent with St Mirren as well. Showed short flashes of being a quality player, but otherwise spent more time running away from the ball than Cinderella.

Full time football didn't seem to help him then. That being said he might prove otherwise.

Edited by JimmyMirren

Uncle Roy all over the media bleating on about the reason we and county got relegated was that we were both complacent?? we at Caley are well aware why we got relegated and it was nothing to do with complacency,.
The reason that County got relegated was due in no small way to three management changes in one season leading to team instability, and we all know who was instrumental in bringing that about, you should have listened to Jim McIntyre when he told you what would happen Roy, don't be bringing us into your miserable excuses.

To be fair the board were asleep at the wheel when it was more than apparent that foran was floundering and didn't act upon it. I find that a different kind of complacency than shitting the bed and replacing constantly.

28 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Uncle Roy gets so many people on P&B absolutely raging and it's an incredible thing to see.

It's a bit of a minter to hear him talk about doing things "the Ross County way" when all that seems to entail is lobbing a great big wad of cash at players particularly over the last few years. No issues with a sugar daddy pumping money into a club, I'd love one at ICT, but at least admit it rather than dress it up as something else.

57 minutes ago, RiG said:

It's a bit of a minter to hear him talk about doing things "the Ross County way" when all that seems to entail is lobbing a great big wad of cash at players particularly over the last few years. No issues with a sugar daddy pumping money into a club, I'd love one at ICT, but at least admit it rather than dress it up as something else.

Yep, what is the 'Ross County way' actually?  I honestly can't think what he means by the phrase.  Non-money wise, they don't do anything different to any other club that I can tell.

Yep, what is the 'Ross County way' actually?  I honestly can't think what he means by the phrase.  Non-money wise, they don't do anything different to any other club that I can tell.

The Ross County way:

Making a living travelling between rural communities fixing cooking pans and various other metal utensils.

15 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

North Stand Rising is good for a laugh. If anyone argues against him he gets raging and hits the block button!

The unblocks you again after a few weeks. Been through it a few times.

On 13/05/2018 at 15:30, Navallion said:

Is this Jake Mulraney any good? 

He played 89 minutes of our last 11 games (no starts). Think that tells you all that needs to be said as well as adding that he is fast as f**k.

Mulraney is probably the fastest player I've ever seen playing for us, he just doesn't seem to utilise his pace effectively.  That could be because he's too raw, or that he's not had managers who know how to use him or it could be that he isn't good enough.