"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

It's been a good few years since I've been up your neck of the woods guys, pity it was due to you guys dropping down as opposed to us going up though. 

See you at our first game this season :thumsup2

We have no manager and only 10 players, but we still have Ross Draper so you're all fucked.
Cheers.

The transfer window doesn't open until June 9, after which point your club will get plundered of the handful of proven, top-flight players left.

Hard lines.

1496659016777.jpg

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

The transfer window doesn't open until June 9, after which point your club will get plundered of the handful of proven, top-flight players left.

Hard lines.

1496659016777.jpg

Apart from Drapes, all the decent ones are gone anyway. Can't see the top flight clubs fancying any of what's left. 

On 2017-6-3 at 00:11, JessieField said:

I would imagine Inverness will try and kick their way to the title. From what I saw on TV last season they'll try and "rummel-em-up". Big fermers.

I wish we were a load of hatchet men, we might have been less useless than we actually were.

We need strengthened in every area of the team. except maybe central midfield where Draper, Polworth and Vigurs are all capable of performing in this division.  Gary Warren regressed badly last season and Brad Mackay is poor.  Our only signed striker is Scott Boden, who despite being scouted and signed early in the last transfer window was clearly out of his depth.

In terms of our manager, none of the names I've seen are particularly inspiring.  Our fans appear to have adopted the old Celtic mantra of needing a former player with people suggesting a 'dream team' of Paul Sheerin and Barry Robson, as well as clamour for Darren Dods.  Sheerin is getting a lot of talk in the local press, which makes me think there might be something in it.  It would be a massively underwhelming disappointment, the guy was a fair to middling manager of a part-time team in the bottom tier of Scottish football and has spent the last few seasons coaching kids.

I'm holding out hope for a completely left-field appointment but imagine we'll probably get Sheerin or some complete jobber.

If it is Sheerin, the bookies favourite, then it is another cheap option as it was with last season's utter disaster of a managerial appointment. We need a proven experienced man accustomed to man management at a competitive level, not some feckin wannabee gees a job.

Handy to have this down here I guess.

For those of you who don't know/don't care, ICT have always been my 'big team'. Used to go up on holiday a lot, and absolutely love the Highlands. The old Errea 'OneTouch' kit from the second (iirc) season in the SPL was the first full football kit I owned (as in with shorts and socks - for the avoidance of doubt I was about 6 or 7 when I got it). Went up in 2009 to get the Flybe kit from that season, and the lovely wee woman in the shop let me walk out the tunnel, have a look round the stadium, then meet all the players and Terry Butcher when they got in from training. I've still got a programme signed by pretty much the entire squad.

I've seen both clubs relegated obviously, but the Falkirk relegation game was the only time I've actually cried as a result of football. I was on a train into Glasgow at the time. Shameful I admit.

Anyway, that's enough self indulgent drivel :lol: Reckon I'll buy this season's tops on the two trips up, which is going to lead to some weird looks I guess.

59353e083b65f_Screenshot2017-06-05at12_17.34-Edited.png.3d7a53127233e5fcb4cd52feb1b40a3c.png

What happened to that Mulraney boy ICT fans? He ripped us apart in the league cup game last season and looked rapid but I never really noticed him standing out on any highlights or that? Tbf we were complete dug shite at the start of the season so maybe we made him look good. 

2 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

What happened to that Mulraney boy ICT fans? He ripped us apart in the league cup game last season and looked rapid but I never really noticed him standing out on any highlights or that? Tbf we were complete dug shite at the start of the season so maybe we made him look good. 

He was great in that game but struggled when thrown into the team early in the season.  He was dropped pretty early and was used off the bench until he was brought back in February when he had a run of good performances, culminating in a great showing when we beat Rangers at home in midweek.  Sadly for him he got injured after that game and missed a couple of months.

I think we expected a bit too much of him - he's still really raw and inexperienced and we went into the season with him as our main attacking threat.  He has amazing pace, he's one of the fastest players I've seen playing for us, but his final ball and decision making are often poor.  He's under contract so assume he'll be staying and he could be developed into a dangerous player.

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

He was great in that game but struggled when thrown into the team early in the season.  He was dropped pretty early and was used off the bench until he was brought back in February when he had a run of good performances, culminating in a great showing when we beat Rangers at home in midweek.  Sadly for him he got injured after that game and missed a couple of months.

I think we expected a bit too much of him - he's still really raw and inexperienced and we went into the season with him as our main attacking threat.  He has amazing pace, he's one of the fastest players I've seen playing for us, but his final ball and decision making are often poor.  He's under contract so assume he'll be staying and he could be developed into a dangerous player.

Take a green dot for dropping in the beating of the Rangers! 

Think Vigurs scored a pure worldy against us in the same game, not sure if it counts though as David Hutton was in goals. 

If there wasn't video footage of that game I'd have thought I dreamt it. Vigurs hat trick including a header :blink: and Billy King looking decent. No wonder we walked out of there thinking Richie was going to be just the ticket.

turned out to be the high point of the season (apart from beating Rangers of course).

Edited by The Mantis

2 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

He's probably one of the fastest players in the league when going full pelt but his crossing and what not is absolutely rubbish.  He always looked better on the right cutting inside and drawing fouls.  If he can get his distribution and shooting to a decent level, he'll be one of our better players.