"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Where is reporting that we are signing Shankland?

Shankland sounds like a gritty drama about prison stabbings.

P & J were running a story last week about us sniffing around but that we faced competition from Hearts.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is that Lawrence's wee brother?

It's his dad. Hard as f**k.

On 5/8/2018 at 10:52, wee_bairn said:

Which one is signing for us tomorrow?

So what's happening here then? Has a players head been turned by a later entrant in the battle for their signature?

53 minutes ago, RiG said:

So what's happening here then? Has a players head been turned by a later entrant in the battle for their signature?

I had heard we have offered a contract to one of your players and that we were confirming a signing yesterday. The signing was then confirmed as the new Brighton lad. I was just digging BPM as I’m guessing he was asking the question in the first place for a reason. 

Often a passenger and usually is only any good one game in five. Runs fast but little end product.  He's also a very very predictable winger.  For example, say he's running down the left wing, he'll try and get to the line and cross (usually into the stand).  Say he's running down the right wing.  He'll try and cut inside and shoot (usually, again, into the stand).  I'd rate Doran, young Daniel Mackay and probably Ricky Calder over him.

Edited by Highland Capital

Post on our Facebook group saying that you guys have signed Tom Walsh. I know he agreed a pre-contract a while back at another team, but apparently he confirmed today that it was with you lot.

He's a talent. Unfortunately he's also barely kicked his own backside since scoring a beauty against St Mirren, has jumped out of almost every 50/50 and his decision making can be frustrating as heck. He's also a million times better as a number ten than a winger where we've been intent on playing him for most of this season.

Good luck to him though. He's given us some good moments, and has the talent to play at a good level.

10 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Post on our Facebook group saying that you guys have signed Tom Walsh. I know he agreed a pre-contract a while back at another team, but apparently he confirmed today that it was with you lot.

He's a talent. Unfortunately he's also barely kicked his own backside since scoring a beauty against St Mirren, has jumped out of almost every 50/50 and his decision making can be frustrating as heck. He's also a million times better as a number ten than a winger where we've been intent on playing him for most of this season.

Good luck to him though. He's given us some good moments, and has the talent to play at a good level.

*meh*

I guess we are at least signing players we have taken time to watch rather than having them offered to us based on a 2 minute YouTube video.

I don't disagree with the assessments of Mulraney on here - he's capable of being a very effective player but he rarely produces this.  I can see why Hearts would be interested in him though - physically, his pace is unmatched and if a team could harness this he can be very dangerous.  I doubt he's on a big wage, it's a low risk, high potential reward signing for Hearts.

Don't know that much about Walsh so can't really offer much of an opinion.

39 minutes ago, yoda said:

Plus a signing-on fee that will be paid out exclusively in gold bullion, or so I've heard.

Iain Vigurs has been pictured leaving the Tulloch Stadium, or whatever it's called.

PS  Hi.  Good to see everyone again.  It's much nicer down here.

Edited by Savage Henry