"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

We've signed goalkeeper Cammy Mckay and Brad Mckay on two year contracts.

Brad Mckay has been a good performer, on the whole.  He isn't spectacular but is solid, plays well with Donaldson and can cover centre half and right back - a good decision to extend.

No idea about Cammy Mckay, he's been on loan at Brora this season I think.

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apparently we've offered Vigurs a new 3 year contract.

#DaretoVigurs

Where did you hear that?

Hope to god he signs it. Vital for us if we are going to do anything next season.

12 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Where did you hear that?

Hope to god he signs it. Vital for us if we are going to do anything next season.

Robbo mentioned it after the Dumbarton game apparently.

4 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Where did you hear that?

Has really matured beyond all expectations in his second spell at the club - possibly thanks in no small way to the return of Robbo.

Hope Vigurs stays on, be a shame to lose him to a huge massive club like Dunfermline Athletic who would have him on less money than he is now. The cheap skates!

I wonder if the Tade factor has hit Morton with John Baird who was supposedly in some peoples eyes our best option (or rather our most recognised) up front? Probably just a coincidence that our form has improved while Morton's has dipped, not saying that Baird is by any means responsible he is decent enough for this level however I don't see any other way but him leaving.  Probably one of the most underwhelming signings ever at Inverness CT.

In other news I see Alan Savage has been up to some back garden shenanigans, building a log cabin allegedly without planning permission much to the annoyance of his neighbours. The log cabin, probably a very interesting feature and would add a touch of class to any large garden with a view though very likely budget stretchingly expensive.  However probably unlikely ever to flee to Romania with unpaid speeding fines when unable to financially maintain.

12 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Heard at the game today that Caley Thistle are going to make a big announcement this week coming.  No idea what it is but apparently it's going to make the fans go apoplectic. 

Maybe a Falkirk-esque statement of a huge budget for next season (or bust)

Almost certainly expecting that the club will announce that we can't afford to retain high earners and that some will be leaving having rejected new cheapskate contracts.

Some may be shocked lol but here is my thoughts on ICT of late and nobody is getting slated ;). 

We gave it our all and tbh, we could have gone on to reach the play offs had we won today, that is my thoughts and that comes from our form since winning the challenge cup. 

As for next season, if we can keep the vast majority of the squad intact for next season plus promote some of the youngsters and get in a few signings then we will be capable of challenging for the title next season.  

And if we do lose our best players then hopefully our coaches and scouts /chairman can find young gems that are good enough to get us promoted because, imho, youth is the way to go, coupled with a bit of experience. 

I expect that John and Co will already be eyeing up potential signings. 

Onwards and upwards to next season but we do still have 6pts to play for so hopefully we can get 5th spot as that would represent a great season imho, from where we were just a couple of months ago. 

So, I am one optimistic supporter, wonder who goes along with my optimism lol. 

15 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

Some may be shocked lol but here is my thoughts on ICT of late and nobody is getting slated ;). 

We gave it our all and tbh, we could have gone on to reach the play offs had we won today, that is my thoughts and that comes from our form since winning the challenge cup. 

As for next season, if we can keep the vast majority of the squad intact for next season plus promote some of the youngsters and get in a few signings then we will be capable of challenging for the title next season.  

And if we do lose our best players then hopefully our coaches and scouts /chairman can find young gems that are good enough to get us promoted because, imho, youth is the way to go, coupled with a bit of experience. 

I expect that John and Co will already be eyeing up potential signings. 

Onwards and upwards to next season but we do still have 6pts to play for so hopefully we can get 5th spot as that would represent a great season imho, from where we were just a couple of months ago. 

So, I am one optimistic supporter, wonder who goes along with my optimism lol. 

I'll wait and see how the next couple of weeks pan out and see who is leaving and if rumours about something not very pleasant is about to happen to the club have any substance before I start looking forward to a Championship title next season. But yeah I have cautious optimism about next season given our late season form as the situation currently stands, but that could change. 

updated:

From the information I have we should have for next season (contract ends) - Mark Ridgers (2020), Gary Warren (2019),  Coll Donaldson (2020), Brad McKay (2020), Carl Tremarco (2020), Riccardo Calder (2019),  Liam Polworth (2019), Charlie Trafford (2020), Joe Chalmers (2019), Zak Elbouzedi (2019), Nathan Austin (2019), George Oakley (2019), Cameron MacKay (2020)

Out of contract - Ryan Esson, Stephen Foster, Collin Seedorf,  Iain Vigurs, Aaron Doran, Jake Mulraney, Daniel MacKay, Conner Bell.

Out on loan - Owain Fon Williams (still contracted for another season), Daniel Hoban, and John Baird (contracts finish end of May)

Doran is 100% away and I would think Bell is too, after Mackay getting the nod ahead of him from off the bench today.

Not looking forward to this announcement that is supposed to be made. Few rumours about administration but I’m not having that if we are offering out 3 year contracts to players.