"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Big well done on breaking the club record for consecutive clean sheets. As I said after our recent encounter, you guys have improved massively and it is clear to see you will rise the league if your forum continues. 

Brechin at home next should be a good game to get back into the swing of things with after having 10 days off before a massive game against St Mirren. 

For more, you can read my article on my website here;

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/16/inverness-break-club-record-after-keeping-7-consecutive-clean-sheets/

Popcorn time!

The Savage / Dugald letter brought some ranty prose to my doorstep and has got me looking forward to the upcoming AGM.

The conundrum I have is where to place my giant modest  stack of shares.... with dead eyed David Sutherland who just seems to want to stake a claim or Savage, the great Godwin's Law preacher, Union City sheriff and Manchester Utd supporter.

Come to think of it, the last time I saw the  Mcgillivarys, it was on the morning plane to Manchester on the 14th May 2008.

Where is the guy in the white hat?

This Courier front page article stating Savage and McGillvray's prediction that the future of the club is in jeopardy is worrying, it would appear that Tulloch have been playing silly buggers, what they are saying is that back in 2000 Tulloch spirited off £2,000.000 of debt, (whatever the feck that means, fancy accounting??), Tulloch then set up an ICT Charitable Trust which took over the lease and the ground. What S & M (sounds good eh?) are saying is that over some years this has migrated from the trust back to Tulloch and has not been made public.

All a bit of a mess really, I like Dougie and miss his C'mon Inverness.

Right now though the club needs wealthy men such as these two, look what one man has done for RC, time for a real change now.

It's all very well having a bunch of guys putting in £50 grand each, some from well outside Inverness, and the money is very welcome but let's not forget that there are many like me who may have exceeded that sum over the last 23 years when you take into account season tickets, club shop purchases, brick wall names, hospitality from time to time, player sponsorship, away games travel and hotel bills. 

While we accept these costs and will continue to do so all we ask for is a settled and progressive board.

Whoever is the culprit in all of this squabbling needs to feckin grow up and get tae feck.

BTW where the feck is Jeopardy as I see in the paper the other day there are 200 jobs there?

5 hours ago, RiG said:

So your ex-Chairmen are implying Tulloch would like to develop the land and leave you to move the stands to the nearest convenient location - scary.

Edited by btb

The biggest fallacy surrounding our club is that Tulloch are some kind of benevolent entity who have helped the club over the years simply out of charity.

Developers are not stupid and they are all greedy b*****ds. They have been eyeing the site for redevelopment for some time and now that the uni campus is on the way to completion they will move to take what they had their eye on all along. Would be interested to see how the stadium/car park land is zoned in the Local Plan.

Barley Chatterman in yesterdays Highland news has a half page blurb on the S & M issue, he mostly repeats what was in the Courier and indicates that Tulloch are keen to develop the car parks, interestingly though he says that Tulloch is a company controlled by Celtic's Dermot Desmond, if that is the case then that in a way puts Sutherland in the background.

What a feckin mess.

And I thought football was primarily a sport?

If/when the Longman interchange gets built the land that the stadium is on will be prime development land. None of the current stadium or car parks are zoned for development, but the old dump and travels site are zoned in the LDP (http://www.highland.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/15008/adopted_inner_moray_firth_local_development_plan.pdf) The travellers site will be redeveloped, part of the old dump is proposed for mixed use, but not residential, mainly commercial, industrial and business.

ETA: Raven almost certain to be away in January having rejected a contract offer that would have, allegedly, meant taking upwards of a 50% pay cut.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1368327/caley-thistle-defender-raven-rejects-reduced-contract-extension/

Edited by RiG

After last weeks minter on Twitter with the club tweeting SEPA about the drinking water in Paisley we're treated to the following.

Jordan Jones stated that the TCS is the worst ground he's played at, a fair enough comment as it's not the greatest ground going. Instead of letting this go our club account felt the need to retort with the following attempt at "banter" which went down as well as you'd expect...