"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Doran's partner is from Inverness and they have a young child and apparently hes very happy living here.  

Great to see loyalty reciprocated after the club stuck my him through his injury nightmares.

Agree with all of that (apart from his partner is from Aviemore :P) but I think he is far too good for this division. Would have not doubt taken a pay cut to stay here so a lot of credit to him.

Edited by PB1994

Who of your players that are out on contract would you want to keep?

Bell and Vigurs and are the only two out of contract that haven't been released I think. I'd keep both if possible.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Totally disagree with Vigurs, 

No doubt he was a key player last season within the team but his disciplinary record lets him down time and time again, could it be that without his suspension we  could have won the Dunfermline game and still be in the play off's, we'll never know.

It's wrong to big him up as if we can't go forward without him, of course we can and he needs to know that he can be replaced, plus there's no doubt in my mind that should Ross County stay up he 'll be there in a shot.

As I have said many many times over the years, 'The ship is mightier than the crew',  players come and go and we've seen  the likes of  better midfielders than Vigurs such as Don Cowie and John Rankine move on and we still  survived.

If he stays then good enough, but you  have to remember that other than Inverurie Loco's he couldn't get a game until we picked him up. 

Aye we should just let the fan/players player of the year and the only ICT player to get into the Championship Team of the Year leave the club cause he picks up a few too many yellow cards.

What a load of nonsense. He was at Inverurie for fitness after struggling with injury.

I’d go as far to say he is the most technically gifted player in the division. He is miles ahead of anyone in our squad and we will have a hell of a bigger chance of doing something next year if he is in the team

What is our squad looking like just now, who is contracted until what years? 

I see here that only Vigurs and Bell are out of contract but are others out of contract and likely to be offered new deals? 

And by the way, Connor Bell is getting offered a new deal according to NorthStandRising, his source us Fridays P and J. 

11 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

I see here that only Vigurs and Bell are out of contract but are others out of contract and likely to be offered new deals?

Well, no as they've been released. Vigurs and Bell as the only two players out of contract who haven't been released as the club want to keep both but need to agree new contracts with them.

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

You should read my post again where I said he was a key player  for us last year but I would also add that I would put the likes of Donaldson and Ridgers in that category, what I did point out that he has a mercurial temperament which was well known during his spell with RC.

It's also a bit silly and naive to suggest that I would prefer to see players leave the club for picking up yellows, c'mon fer fecksakes.

And he played as a trialist with Inverurie Loco's in two games then it was only when he met Ryan Esson in the gym, who convinced Hughes to sign him,that he was picked up that season, why was that?

To mention that he was the most technically gifted player in the Championship as against the likes of Lewis Morgan is nonsensical, though I admire your allegiance to him, there's no doubt he stood out for most of the season in a mediocre team who at the last blended and gave us a wonderful run up to the end of the season.

I hope he stays but I will not be surprised to see him go, and probably neither do you.

You quoted a post stating that they would like to see Vigurs stay and started off by saying you totally disagree about Vigurs? That suggests you don't want him at the club and the only reason you gave was because of his discipline. I think I read your post exactly as it was meant...

He was a key player for us last season along with Donaldson and Ridgers and they all will be next season if they are at the club.

He played with Inverurie as a trialist to get game time/keep his fitness up as he was recovering from injuries that blighted the last few years of his career at that point, as I had already said.... Why do you think Esson was so desperate to try and get him signed up? Cause he is a Premiership level footballer.

Lewis Morgan doesn't play in the Championship.. He is a class act and we will be incredibly lucky to have him again for the next few seasons.

8 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Which one is signing for us tomorrow?

Joe Chalmers will be an excellent signing for you guys.

"Our season tickets are great value and you can get into the Betfred Cup games with them as well!"

* a short time later *

"Wait, what have we just done?!"

Edited by RiG

This Lewis Lawrence Shankland rumour seems to be gathering momentum. I think I'm going to have to buy a Ross County season ticket if this keeps up...

Edited by RiG