"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

22 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

A similar effect kicked in when Butcher took the reins at ICTFC, plus I have it on good authority that thanks to Butcher and Steve Marsella, a lot of the guys they signed thought that Inverness was in the heart of the central belt

I know that stereotypically, footballers are not considered to be the brightest, but you would think if location was important to them, they would check out where their potential new club was based and if google maps was too challenging for them they could phone a friend!

Edited by PRS
Spelling

I think the club often found it difficult to attract players from the Central Belt. They could all find clubs at a similar level and wages to what we can offer and not have to relocate. For a player from Wolverhampton or Liverpool moving to Inverness is pretty much the same as moving to Glasgow in terms of distance so that was a help.

The club also tried to find players with a good attitude who they thought would settle in the highlands. They did a pretty good job I think, wth some notable misfires, like Tom Aldred (left the club after refusing to play a game in Wick) and Andre Blackman(an all-time range mentalist on all counts I think).

22 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think the club often found it difficult to attract players from the Central Belt. They could all find clubs at a similar level and wages to what we can offer and not have to relocate. For a player from Wolverhampton or Liverpool moving to Inverness is pretty much the same as moving to Glasgow in terms of distance so that was a help.

The club also tried to find players with a good attitude who they thought would settle in the highlands. They did a pretty good job I think, wth some notable misfires, like Tom Aldred (left the club after refusing to play a game in Wick) and Andre Blackman(an all-time range mentalist on all counts I think).

Never heard that before, but I'd have to say it's perfectly understandable.

47 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Is it true Owian Fôn Williams is still an ICT player? Why is he still there if wee Robbo insists on playing a Diddy like Ridgers in goal?

Bizarre story. First time I've ever heard a keeper regularly making international squads being frozen out in the Scottish Champuonship.

Bizarre is on many levels at ICT this season.

10 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Is it true Owian Fôn Williams is still an ICT player? Why is he still there if wee Robbo insists on playing a Diddy like Ridgers in goal?

Bizarre story. First time I've ever heard a keeper regularly making international squads being frozen out in the Scottish Champuonship.

Correct. Robbo has said he is injured. OFW says he isn't. Given the bollocks that has come out of the club over the last few months I'm inclined to side with the player. 

Ridgers is a haddy but he's not the only one giving away goals this season for us but he seems to be getting most of the stick. Sadly, we pick our team based on how much they will cost us in terms of finances rather than results which is a pretty shocking way to run a football club.

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

Correct. Robbo has said he is injured. OFW says he isn't. Given the bollocks that has come out of the club over the last few months I'm inclined to side with the player. 

Ridgers is a haddy but he's not the only one giving away goals this season for us but he seems to be getting most of the stick. Sadly, we pick our team based on how much they will cost us in terms of finances rather than results which is a pretty shocking way to run a football club.

Now there's an understatement.

After today's dire performance it's clear in my mind that the club is rotten and dysfunctional from top to bottom.

We have a manager who never applied for the job and with limited funds on a hurry up he signed losers.

We have a board that puts more effort and emphasis on chasing wee daft boys which in turn affects and influences possible future fans.

We have recent appointments at the club of past employees of one man.

And to top it all we are now looking at dwindling attendances.

If I was of a perverse nature I could be persuaded that someone is running the club into the ground, but I'm not that type of person and prefer to view this shambles as total and ineffectual mismanagement.

Something needs to be done now, but you know what? feck all will be done and we will carry on with this shite.

13 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Cant believe how bad you boys have been tbh , falkirk levels of shiteness. Hopefully things dont turn around for you guys against us next week.

Don't worry, they won't. Dobbie should have a field day against our defence.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I didn't expect Caley to win the league but Robbo seems to be doing every bit as badly as Houston. What's the consensus among the fans?

It's been well documented, and he is always keen to remind the media, that John Robertson didn't apply for the Caley job, without going into details and  by all accounts, which could possibly be true, it was a political appointment in the sense that apparently one financially influential man wanted him to get the job.

Robertson's last managerial appointment was with East Fife 5 years ago.

Excuses have been made to the effect, and I have used them, that he came in late and had a limited budget, however he signed a few duds.

Since getting the job his record is abysmal, in plain speak utter shite.

The fans are 100% behind him.

Edited by SandyCromarty

15 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I didn't expect Caley to win the league but Robbo seems to be doing every bit as badly as Houston. What's the consensus among the fans?

A jobs for the boys appointment. He has basically no money to work with after the horrendous signings made by Hughes and Foran (plus the fact we're still paying them as well) but even then he's signed some utter shite (Ridgers, Donaldson, Oakley all look rotten). He doesn't know his best starting XI or the best formation, continues to play under performing players and has already publicly slagged off the players about 3 times in the press  this season. It's desperate stuff. Some of the fans seem to slowly be waking up to the fact that we aren't that good and defeating a part time Brechin side a few weeks back wasn't going to be the catalyst that sent us on a Championship winning run.

I thought we might sneak into the play offs in 4th but after the League Cup games I was reticent to stick by that prediction. If we stay up we'll be doing well. I still think Robbo will walk before the end of the season personally. There are very few positive signs right now at ICT. A quite incredible fall from the Scottish Cup win and 3rd place in the league a little over two years ago.

Edited by RiG

14 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's been well documented, and he is always keen to remind the media, that John Robertson didn't apply for the Caley job, without going into details and  by all accounts, which could possibly be true, it was a political appointment in the sense that apparently one financially influential man wanted him to get the job.

Robertson's last managerial appointment was with East Fife 5 years ago.

Excuses have been made to the effect, and I have used them, that he came in late and had a limited budget, however he signed a few duds.

Since getting the job his record is abysmal, in plain speak utter shite.

The fans are 100% behind him.

They really aren't.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

A jobs for the boys appointment. He has basically no money to work with after the horrendous signings made by Hughes and Foran (plus the fact we're still paying them as well) but even then he's signed some utter shite (Ridgers, Donaldson, Oakley all look rotten). He doesn't know his best starting XI or the best formation, continues to play under performing players and has already publicly slagged off the players about 3 times in the press  this season. It's desperate stuff. Some of the fans seem to slowly be waking up to the fact that we aren't that good and defeating a part time Brechin side a few weeks back wasn't going to be the catalyst that sent us on a Championship winning run.

I thought we might sneak into the play offs in 4th but after the League Cup games I was reticent to stick by that prediction. If we stay up we'll be doing well. I still think Robbo will walk before the end of the season personally. There are very few positive signs right now at ICT. A quite incredible fall from the Scottish Cup win and 3rd place in the league a little over two years ago.

Sounds a mess.

Don't think you'll end up in the bottom two but then I thought we'd be doing really well to be ahead of Caley and Falkirk at this point...