"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Why are you getting so angry with people who broadly agree with you? It goes without saying that a few of our supporters were out of order at the weekend, and that is why no one is getting too hung up on it in this thread. No-one has condoned their behaviour, and they deserve to be punished.

What is of greater concern than a few daft teenagers is that at least some of the people who run the club do not seem to have the professional experience to effectively manage bad situations. Mitigating the fallout caused by negative events should be a priority for the leaders of any company: this does not mean covering up or condoning bad behaviour; it means taking the necessary actions with minimal fuss so as not to attract unnecessary negative attention. All the fuss and bluster engendered by the board in relation to this incident suggests that we do not have particularly high-calibre business brains in our boardroom, which is worrying for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, Rasczak said:

What a bunch of absolute wallopers we have in our support. Ongoing criminal behaviour from a section of "supporters", (yes I will use quotation marks), appropriate and justified action taken, clear information given on why, and these people come down on the board as the bad guys?????? You couldn't make it up.

Again, no one here has condoned the behaviour of the YT which is something you seem to miss spectacularly time and time again.

1 hour ago, Rasczak said:

What a bunch of absolute wallopers we have in our support. Ongoing criminal behaviour from a section of "supporters", (yes I will use quotation marks), appropriate and justified action taken, clear information given on why, and these people come down on the board as the bad guys?????? You couldn't make it up.

Not one person has said that.  Try again.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it and fancies a good laugh:

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1994-supporters-behaviour-at-brechin-update

ETA: It's an absolutely pathetic statement incidentally. Utterly condescending and disparaging to a group of ICT fans. I'm not condoning what they are alleged to have done but belittling the manner in which they support ICT will only drive them away from the club long term.

Couldn't agree with you more Rig.

The Brechin management are now cashing in, pathetic and all started by a female steward, as I said earlier I was not far away from the boys and witnessed the whole thing and after the game as I was leaving I intentionally looked at where the boys were seated and there was no damage anywhere.

Again another statement from the board which no doubt the local press and possibly the P & J will pick up on, which again will discourage parents allowing their youngsters to attend future games.

All of this as I said earlier should have been handled in house.

I now have absolutely no confidence in this board, shame on them.

2 hours ago, Rasczak said:

And you are so feckin anal retentive I bet you would lick your own hole clean if you could.

And don't come back bleating about insults you fool.

1 hour ago, alternative maryhill said:

What the four posts above yours are frustrated by, as @RiG in particular makes clear, is the way that the latest statement is worded in a condescending and alienating way that simply plays into the persecution/martyr complex that some of the group of supporters in question seem to want to embrace, based on recent tweets. It would have been very easy for the club to release a statement that simply reiterated the good reasons why smoke bombs must remain prohibited and why supporters who bring them into grounds should expect to be ejected, and that also made the point that language that is personally offensive or discriminatory towards others, for example stewards, is equally unacceptable, and then asked all supporters to respect these rules for the benefit of the club and to protect themselves. Some of those whom the statement was aimed at would still take offence, of course - a few do seem to think that anything goes, and there are others, I suspect, who might be looking for an excuse to ditch the club - but there are others who would probably think 'fair enough'. The moment official club statements start putting words like 'supporters' and 'enthusiasm' in inverted commas alongside rather non-specific references to 'language', it gives the impression that the club sees everyone who is part of that group as some sort of fraud who is entirely motivated by an opportunity to cause trouble.

I do understand why the club felt it had to act, and to be seen to be acting, but its public pronouncements have been consistently ill-judged for months now, and this is far from helpful at a time when it needs bodies through the gate and the players need backing from the stands.  

In a nutshell, well done.

I'm waiting for the inevitable 'Werther's Original incident' to happen, its been looking to boil over for a couple of years now. Once boiled sweeties start getting chucked about, leg blankets thrown up in the air in that Main Stand you will know shit is getting real.

Its one of the most inaccurate, boring and over used words that keep getting thrown around every time a group of supporters cause trouble in this country either in the ground or outside, you know the word...Ultras!

16 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

What the four posts above yours are frustrated by, as @RiG in particular makes clear, is the way that the latest statement is worded in a condescending and alienating way that simply plays into the persecution/martyr complex that some of the group of supporters in question seem to want to embrace, based on recent tweets. It would have been very easy for the club to release a statement that simply reiterated the good reasons why smoke bombs must remain prohibited and why supporters who bring them into grounds should expect to be ejected, and that also made the point that language that is personally offensive or discriminatory towards others, for example stewards, is equally unacceptable, and then asked all supporters to respect these rules for the benefit of the club and to protect themselves. Some of those whom the statement was aimed at would still take offence, of course - a few do seem to think that anything goes, and there are others, I suspect, who might be looking for an excuse to ditch the club - but there are others who would probably think 'fair enough'. The moment official club statements start putting words like 'supporters' and 'enthusiasm' in inverted commas alongside rather non-specific references to 'language', it gives the impression that the club sees everyone who is part of that group as some sort of fraud who is entirely motivated by an opportunity to cause trouble.

I do understand why the club felt it had to act, and to be seen to be acting, but its public pronouncements have been consistently ill-judged for months now, and this is far from helpful at a time when it needs bodies through the gate and the players need backing from the stands.  

Given your own profession, you've let them off lightly. The standard of literacy shown in the statement is appalling. Still, you wouldn't want to come across as Barley Chatterman Lite ;)

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Given your own profession, you've let them off lightly. The standard of literacy shown in the statement is appalling. Still, you wouldn't want to come across as Barley Chatterman Lite ;)

No, I would not. He's been given a thorough spanking on CTO today, I'm sure you'll be delighted to hear.

1 hour ago, alternative maryhill said:

No, I would not. He's been given a thorough spanking on CTO today, I'm sure you'll be delighted to hear.

So I see :lol:. Ymip and I are good mates. His wee lad brings the Stonehaven ICT flag.

Reading all your statements I agree it's totally been blown outta proportion.I also said at the time The Female Steward was brutal ( I actually don't think Stewards are allowed to manhandle fans ) Between her and an over zealous copper whom I know can cause more trouble than needed at timrd things got a wee bit heated ..
The steward owns or owned a private security firm in Montrose and organise s bouncers for pubs n clubs etc ...
Only thing that annoyed me was The Young Ultras harassing a group of 80 year plus old woman outta gates and through car park I found this unsettling..I mentioned this to a male steward who told me to keep moving .
Anyway its a wee wake up call for our club too ... All the best for rest of season .
And Sandy it ll sane be the Hairst min

13 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Reading all your statements I agree it's totally been blown outta proportion.I also said at the time The Female Steward was brutal ( I actually don't think Stewards are allowed to manhandle fans ) Between her and an over zealous copper whom I know can cause more trouble than needed at timrd things got a wee bit heated ..
The steward owns or owned a private security firm in Montrose and organise s bouncers for pubs n clubs etc ...
Only thing that annoyed me was The Young Ultras harassing a group of 80 year plus old woman outta gates and through car park I found this unsettling..I mentioned this to a male steward who told me to keep moving .
Anyway its a wee wake up call for our club too ... All the best for rest of season .
And Sandy it ll sane be the Hairst min

And I'll be the Orraman.

Edited by SandyCromarty
Addition

Over the last months we have seen major upheavals at our club

Relegation, a manager fired and a new one hired, players leaving and new young and older players brought in, the development league disbanded and three chairman in three months.

At times like this we need stability and responsibility from those involved in the day to day running of the club.

The latest statements from the board have shown a clear disregard of duty and care to the club, to issue silly statements regarding a small section of fans, all young boys, which only served to bring a bad and adverse press to the club is wholly detrimental when in fact the board should be conducting themselves in a proper and professional manner by bringing positives to the club and especially to the fans.

There are a very serious set of posters on here, unlike mesel, who have repeatedly stated on here that they do not condone the boys behaviour in any way but do feel that the board have significantly mishandled the situation and brought, during a difficult time for the club, unwanted press attention by their actions.

For me, as I've learned throughout life, there are two absolute truisms, one is 'People in glass houses should not throw stones' and 'You reap what you sow' and in my opinion this board have sown on stony ground.

Over the last months we have seen major upheavals at our club
Relegation, a manager fired and a new one hired, players leaving and new young and older players brought in, the development league disbanded and three chairman in three months.
At times like this we need stability and responsibility from those involved in the day to day running of the club.
The latest statements from the board have shown a clear disregard of duty and care to the club, to issue silly statements regarding a small section of fans, all young boys, which only served to bring a bad and adverse press to the club is wholly detrimental when in fact the board should be conducting themselves in a proper and professional manner by bringing positives to the club and especially to the fans.
There are a very serious set of posters on here, unlike mesel, who have repeatedly stated on here that they do not condone the boys behaviour in any way but do feel that the board have significantly mishandled the situation and brought, during a difficult time for the club, unwanted press attention by their actions.
For me, as I've learned throughout life, there are two absolute truisms, one is 'People in glass houses should not throw stones' and 'You reap what you sow' and in my opinion this board have sown on stony ground.

09d878f2879f9aae8a5fac9117dd9df1.gif