"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

18 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It is a big chance for us taking him on as what we really need is experienced players at the stage we're at. 

Spot on.

I know it could never happen but I wouldn't be adverse to seeing that old management team of Butcher, Malpas and Marsella back in place. They knew exactly what they needed and knew exactly what they had to do to get us out of this mess last time.

We're an absolute basket case at board level. Breaks my heart but the way things are going I'd be relieved if we finished 8th. Going to the game tomorrow, Morton are 3/1 on Bet365, as ashamed as I am to put on a traitor's bet I stuck a fiver on. Would be a minter for the Ton if they can't get a win with the state we're in.

Anyone going to this meeting on Monday?

7 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Looks likely that a young Ross County geezer, Greg Morrison is coming in, on loan I think.

He was top scorer in development league last year so imho, a good find by Robbo or scouts ;).

Not really.  He just looked at the development league goalscoring charts.

He's a strong lad, who was supposed to play for the first team last season but got hurt just when he was starting to get a run of sub appearances.  I've never been quite convinced, but others who have seen him more often than I have say he might have some potential.  Centre forward.  Red hair.  Probably better than that foreign chap you signed that I've never seen play.

6 hours ago, Jarballs said:

We're an absolute basket case at board level. Breaks my heart but the way things are going I'd be relieved if we finished 8th. Going to the game tomorrow, Morton are 3/1 on Bet365, as ashamed as I am to put on a traitor's bet I stuck a fiver on. Would be a minter for the Ton if they can't get a win with the state we're in.

Anyone going to this meeting on Monday?

As I mentioned in an earlier post Ladbrokes have us odds on at 8/11 and Morton at 14/5 against and 5/2 the draw.

Feckin Unbelievable.

Edited by SandyCromarty
Addition

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Not really.  He just looked at the development league goalscoring charts.

He's a strong lad, who was supposed to play for the first team last season but got hurt just when he was starting to get a run of sub appearances.  I've never been quite convinced, but others who have seen him more often than I have say he might have some potential.  Centre forward.  Red hair.  Probably better than that foreign chap you signed that I've never seen play.

Have you ever considered scouting for county as your player blind assessment would be immensely helpful?????

I made it my business to catch up with Alan Savage this morning and remarkably, not once did he disparage our Scottish government with his Godwin guttural.

Fair play to him I say.

He did have a go at the land banker who is holding on to ownership of the car parks, presumably for prospective personal gain.

He claimed the Muirfield Mills tranche has grown to 10 so perhaps the time is coming when we can put the recent management malaise to an end.

I see one of the interesting points from last nights "Fan Night" or whatever it was called was that Foran remains on the payroll and I expect that will remain the case for the next three years unless he gets another job.

Fantastic stuff.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

I see one of the interesting points from last nights "Fan Night" or whatever it was called was that Foran remains on the payroll and I expect that will remain the case for the next three years unless he gets another job.

Fantastic stuff.

Kenny Cameron should be paying Foran's wages out of his own fucking pocket.

I see the chairman has committed to removing a portacabin from in front of the stadium as the centrepiece of a glorious speech and now all of our fans are in a state of euphoria. I'm sure we'll be in the top six of the Premiership next year now.

17 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

So apparently you guys signed Charlie Trafford on Friday and he played Saturday.  How did he do?  I'm always curious to know how the Canadian players are doing

He was okay I thought. Broke up play well but his passing was a bit off. Mind you, no one in the team seems to know where their team mates are half the time so he can probably be forgiven for not being on the same wavelength as some of the others. I suspect he'll be an Tudor Jones type player for us rather than a Tansey or Draper.

On 22/08/2017 at 13:11, RiG said:

Fantastic stuff.

That's incredible. Why on earth would they not have inserted a clause in his contract that allowed termination if you were relegated? If you're giving a manager a 4 year deal you need to pile it with clauses that allow you a way out; the only alternative is to make it a shorter contract.

Paying him for the next three years :lol:

It makes me horny how fucking shite we are these days.  The fall from grace we've had in the last 18 months would give the most impotent of men a rager.