"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Very surprised by Coll Donaldson being looked at as Utd fans didn't rate him, I'd rather a couple of loans, McKenna (Aberdeen) and possibly another from Celtic instead of going for rejects from other clubs, or even better, give our youngsters a chance, that was the message by Robbo before season started.

I do think Lawton will join Trafford in signing so that leaves the defence and, possibly, not crucially, another Striker.

Very surprised by Coll Donaldson being looked at as Utd fans didn't rate him, I'd rather a couple of loans, McKenna (Aberdeen) and possibly another from Celtic instead of going for rejects from other clubs, or even better, give our youngsters a chance, that was the message by Robbo before season started.
I do think Lawton will join Trafford in signing so that leaves the defence and, possibly, not crucially, another Striker.

Coll Donaldson is a absolute bombscare, there's a reason he only played bout 5 games in a year

Some encouraging comments on Donaldson from United fans :lol:

11 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

His confidence is absolutely fucked, and he was never that good when he had confidence.

He's just slow, clumsy, can't pass, can't head the ball. I'll be very surprised if you sign him. And if you do, I would strongly recommend storming the stadium in a coup attempt.

11 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

You're quite right, he is indeed shite.

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Donaldson hasn't played well for anyone in years. 

7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'm assuming you will be going for the playoff place in League 1 next season then?

I'll let you fill in the gaps 

_ucking _rutal 

When he had no confidence he was an utter shambles. He was worse when he was confident because he really thought he could do all the things. Honestly one of the worst defenders I've ever seen and I truly felt sorry and embarrased for him at times.

He'll make a good flag pole one day. Maybe not quite corner flag material though.

7 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Inverness will make the biggest mistake in the history by signing Coll Donaldson  he's really good, young, promising defender - was on too high wages so he had to go unfortunately.

2 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

I'd be surprised if he ever got a football club ever again

11 hours ago, RiG said:

Good to see a day after vowing to improve communication with the fans that the club have failed again.

Look, we're trying to run a football club here, FFS. We don't need nit-pickers like you and your ilk sticking your noses in where they're not wanted.

Now piss off and let us get on with the job of trying to keep our club in the Championship where it belongs.

Bloody fans....

48 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

possibleInverness has always been a hard place to visit with you always having a strong team. So what is the problem surly it can't be budget with a descent windfall this season from the top league. 

The strong team you mention has been decimated over the last seasons, now we are in team restructuring phase bringing in working pro's not outstanding talents and trying to shape them into a decent playing side, there is some talent there, whether it is suited to a fast moving Scottish physical game remains to be seen and so far it has been a struggle.

Behind the scenes there is what I regard as turmoil, most significantly with the former chairman resigning and then the new chairman with only a couple of months in also resigned, our Captain then moved over the bridge to our rivals and his leaving led to arguments over about who was responsible for his departure. John Robertson, (out of the blue), and apparently having not been on a short list and not even interviewed, other than a phone call confirming his appontment, was appointed Team Manager. Duncan Shearer our development team manager was sacked by e-mail.

There is much much more going on with what seems like possible power struggles with recent acquisitions of  500,000 shares between a former chairman and his son and another chap who did heavily invest in the club in the past.

Believe me if similar publicly owned companies performed like this what do you think would be the outcome?

Monies - For finishing bottom last season we got  £949,500

The parachute payment was £300,000

If we fail to get back into the SPL this season we get another £150,000

Edited by SandyCromarty
Addition

He got a move to an English Premiership team so must've had something.

However, if you look at his career since then, QPR released him early, Dundee Utd signed him and released him early, he went on trial with a Polish team who decided they didn't fancy him and let him go home from that early.  He isn't exactly making glorious progress.  He's also coming into a pretty dire team, particularly defensively so doesn't have anyone to guide him along.

20 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Wasn't Donaldson alright at Livi?  That was three years ago but he's still young with only a couple of seasons worth of experience.

Any time he's played against us I've felt he was a donkey.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

A bizarre move and I think his age/first team experience probably helped there but you're correct, released after 6 months at QPR, snapped up by Dundee United who have now released him early - and I don't see Livi scrambling to bring him back in despite them looking for defensive cover.

25 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

However, if you look at his career since then, QPR released him early, Dundee Utd signed him and released him early, he went on trial with a Polish team who decided they didn't fancy him and let him go home from that early.  He isn't exactly making glorious progress.  He's also coming into a pretty dire team, particularly defensively so doesn't have anyone to guide him along.

Wasn't there rumours at the time that it was honest 'Arry Redknapp doing a favour for an agent? Would probably be the only logical explanation.

Edited by Sloop John B

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

You'd imagine Lawton will be signed up - very unusual for a club to take a player on trial twice in a matter of weeks.  A defence of Joe Chalmers, Brad Mckay and Coll Donaldson is the stuff of absolute nightmares.

By christ. That's a who's who of absolute shitehawks.

Don't forget Matthew Elsdon as well who has looked abysmal. A defence of Tremarco/Shinnie Warren Meekings and Raven to this heap of shite in a little over two years is depressing.

Elsdon cleared the ball out into touch every time it went near him on Saturday.  That's a prime example of a player with no confidence.  We'd actually have been better playing Raven in central defence.

Edited by Highland Capital

8 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The strong team you mention has been decimated over the last seasons, now we are in team restructuring phase bringing in working pro's not outstanding talents and trying to shape them into a decent playing side, there is some talent there, whether it is suited to a fast moving Scottish physical game remains to be seen and so far it has been a struggle.

Behind the scenes there is what I regard as turmoil, most significantly with the former chairman resigning and then the new chairman with only a couple of months in also resigned, our Captain then moved over the bridge to our rivals and his leaving led to arguments over about who was responsible for his departure. John Robertson, (out of the blue), and apparently having not been on a short list and not even interviewed, other than a phone call confirming his appontment, was appointed Team Manager. Duncan Shearer our development team manager was sacked by e-mail.

There is much much more going on with what seems like possible power struggles with recent acquisitions of  500,000 shares between a former chairman and his son and another chap who did heavily invest in the club in the past.

Believe me if similar publicly owned companies performed like this what do you think would be the outcome?

Monies - For finishing bottom last season we got  £949,500

The parachute payment was £300,000

If we fail to get back into the SPL this season we get another £150,000

Well described. Best of luck for the forth coming season.