"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

9 hours ago, BuckieJaggy said:

Haha buckie will never stand in Kevs way but the hypocrisy of john Robertson expecting a substantial fee from Ross county for David raven one day and then expecting the best player in the hfl for nothing is nothing short of laughable. I'd expect £30,000 for Our star man and that's nothing. Caley paid £35000 for lossies Ian stewart way back when you left the highland league 

If we can sell David Raven to Ross County for a substantial fee I'll be delighted.

9 hours ago, BuckieJaggy said:

Haha buckie will never stand in Kevs way but the hypocrisy of john Robertson expecting a substantial fee from Ross county for David raven one day and then expecting the best player in the hfl for nothing is nothing short of laughable. I'd expect £30,000 for Our star man and that's nothing. Caley paid £35000 for lossies Ian stewart way back when you left the highland league 

It's Ross Draper that Ross County were bidding for.  As RiG says, if County made a substantial bid for Raven I'd imagine we'd be driving him over the bridge at 100mph.  There's also a difference between a player like Ross Draper, who has been a top performer for five seasons in the top flight and a player like Kevin Fraser, who'd be making a substantial step up from part-time to full-time football.

We did pay £35,000 for Iain Stewart but football and fees were different in those days.  Around that time Falkirk, Dunfermline and St Mirren paid six figure transfer fees for players.  That just doesn't happen now.

Having said all that I think that this is another example of shocking PR and communications from our club.  When Buckie said that Fraser was coming on trial to us they said they wouldn't stand in his way by demanding a "substantial" fee, obviously they don't want to deny the guy a chance to play full time.  How that has developed into a 'war of words' between us and a Highland League team is beyond me.  Add to the fact that the Buckie manager played for ICT under Robertson and they've signed a few players from us over the years (Duncan Shearer was also their manager before coming back to us) and we should be able to have a friendly relationship with Buckie and not make ourselves look bad.  Just about every situation like this we seem to manage to get the worst possible outcome and cast the club in a bad light.

Connor Bell needs to be one of the players signed if the finances are there.  He was tremendous the other night, regardless of the opposition.

Robertson quoted in the Courier as saying the board have given the go-ahead to sign a couple of players.  Given that he was complimentary about Bell I'd expect him to be one.  Maybe some sort of agreement can be reached for Fraser.

Surely it is a case of we need one to go, get the spondoolachs and buy the incomer for less !!! I am reliably informed that we have overpriced Draper (thankfully) but then Tinkerville came in for Raven who was equally (in comparison) overpriced. I would certainly go to ship Dave the Rave and bring in Bell and/or Fraser.

37 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Going by Robertson's quotes in the P & J yesterday I would say the Fraser transfer is dead in the water, or is he playing mind games?

Yet in today's it says "Robertson claimed Buckie's demands for a transfer fee would scupper any proposed move, but Stewart has hinted there could be more than one way of brokering a deal, if his club directors agree".

Wonder what that means, any ideas lol.

40 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

Yet in today's it says "Robertson claimed Buckie's demands for a transfer fee would scupper any proposed move, but Stewart has hinted there could be more than one way of brokering a deal, if his club directors agree".

Wonder what that means, any ideas lol.

Think it means that you shouldn't believe every little thing you read about ICT....

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

What was posted on the twitter?

Also nice touch that you've got the entire league in alphabetical order on your website aside from Inverness, who are top :lol:

See top of previous page. 

"Procedures kicked in to remove the offending material and immediately lock down the account.  ICT has notified the appropriate authorities and a formal investigation is underway. The club will revert with more information upon conclusion of the investigation."

The sort of statement the US Army would put out if someone hacked into the Pentagon.