"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

The trialist Connor Bell played well up front.  Very quick, showed a good touch and a lot of drive.  The other trialist came on in the second half and was a centre-back.  No idea who he was though but he didn't look very old.

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

The trialist Connor Bell played well up front.  Very quick, showed a good touch and a lot of drive.  The other trialist came on in the second half and was a centre-back.  No idea who he was though but he didn't look very old.

Sounds promising so can see him and maybe Fraser (if his trial is successful, which Buckie manager AND assistant think it will be) being signed up once Raven and OFW leave :).

Also, I see Keith Watson has been told he's free to leave St J on loan or a contract so, is he worth loaning?

Also, what about Bjorn Johnsen on loan from Hearts, he's out of favour  so he'll be available I'd imagine?

Get Raven and OFW away and sign Fraser, Keith Watson and Connor Bell and get Johnsen on loan, sorted ;).

Oh and the other trialist was apparently not a trialist but Under 17 player, Logan Johnstone a centre half.

Edited by Caley Shaun
Adding to it.

Connor Bell did really well last night.  I'd have him signed based on his performance.  He was quick, skillful, held the ball up well and his link up play with Oakley in the 2nd half was great.  

That Zschusschen bloke was abysmal.  Get him punted, I don't care if he's just signed.  Absolutely disgusting. Surely Robbo saw (and could hear as he was standing next to the dugouts) the feel of the fans about him.  He was getting pelters and rightly so.  I had to bite my lip shouting over to Robbo as I thought 'I better not as it's only a friendly'.  My head was absolutely detached from my shoulders about his performance last night, and still is.

Alright against Scumling Lolbion and then the worst player on the park against Clach by about 20,000 miles doesn't bode well.

Jamie Durent on Twitter last saying there's no finance to offer Bell a deal at the moment.  I'll fucking pay the boy myself.  Get him signed.

He did look alright against Stirling but he never gave the impression that he would be banging goals in for fun.

As it goes he didn't give that impression because he is in fact a terrible footballer. (Actually think even calling him a footballer is a bit OTT)

Connor Bell did really well last night.  I'd have him signed based on his performance.  He was quick, skillful, held the ball up well and his link up play with Oakley in the 2nd half was great.  
That Zschusschen bloke was abysmal.  Get him punted, I don't care if he's just signed.  Absolutely disgusting. Surely Robbo saw (and could hear as he was standing next to the dugouts) the feel of the fans about him.  He was getting pelters and rightly so.  I had to bite my lip shouting over to Robbo as I thought 'I better not as it's only a friendly'.  My head was absolutely detached from my shoulders about his performance last night, and still is.

But he looked good in his YouTube video...

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 09:45, PB1994 said:

Yeah he is but he ain't interested in coming back to us. Wants to go and play abroad.

If it's abroad he wants then Stornoway Athletic FC are looking for a midfielder, ten pound a game and a barrowload o peat at the end of the season.

And a free Stornoway black pudding supper after the game.

Edited by SandyCromarty

34 minutes ago, BuckieJaggy said:

Held to ransom how do u explain giving us nothing for the hfl player of the year is being held to ransom 

You could have a transfer fee.... or you could have what's in this mystery box instead!

box.jpg

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

You could have a transfer fee.... or you could have what's in this mystery box instead!

box.jpg

Take the mystery box! That could be anything. Might even be a transfer fee and you know how much you've always wanted one of those.

Would it be helpful if Ross County buy Kevin Fraser then trade him with you along with £100k for Ross Draper?  I'm sure Roy will be happy to help out our impoverished neighbours in their time of need.

9 hours ago, BuckieJaggy said:

Held to ransom how do u explain giving us nothing for the hfl player of the year is being held to ransom 

Buckie have a moral responsibility to allow him a chance at the big time.

If he can handle the step up, I'd suggest a nominal fee payable over a period of time and perhaps a pre-season friendly next year is appropriate.

2 hours ago, sophia said:

Buckie have a moral responsibility to allow him a chance at the big time.

If he can handle the step up, I'd suggest a nominal fee payable over a period of time and perhaps a pre-season friendly next year is appropriate.

Haha buckie will never stand in Kevs way but the hypocrisy of john Robertson expecting a substantial fee from Ross county for David raven one day and then expecting the best player in the hfl for nothing is nothing short of laughable. I'd expect £30,000 for Our star man and that's nothing. Caley paid £35000 for lossies Ian stewart way back when you left the highland league 

Haha buckie will never stand in Kevs way but the hypocrisy of john Robertson expecting a substantial fee from Ross county for David raven one day and then expecting the best player in the hfl for nothing is nothing short of laughable. I'd expect £30,000 for Our star man and that's nothing. Caley paid £35000 for lossies Ian stewart way back when you left the highland league 

If we want him we should pay. Ludicrous to expect another club just to give up their best player for nothing. Unfortunately we seem to be lacking a bit of class at the moment. It's not the kind of messages I want to see my club send out.

I really don't want us to miss out on signing Kevin Fraser :(, surely Robbo and Graeme Stewart can get something worked out regarding a fee of £30,000+ otherwise we may end up having to sell Draper in order to get him.

Anyway, on STV news, Robbo was saying that board are willing to allow 2 new players in regardless of out goings so I expect Connor Bell in soon.