Group C

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
I see Utd sold out the allocation they had for the derby,which is pleasing,the more that see them get a footballing lesson the better.

My only concern for the derby if they are both on three wins the draw or penalty shoot out loss will be enough and both might just go through the motions

Still not totally clicked but good to get a win, especially as Buckie had a couple of chances. Definitely improved when Allan came on, what an eye for a pass the guy has. Deacon and Moussa again impressed. Decent performance from Buckie, especially the keeper and fair play to the 135 away fans, that's a number that shames the likes of Hamilton. I did see a couple of Buckie fans who were so pished they could barely stand - long journey home!

Buckie's keeper pulled off 2 or 3 absolutely fantastic saves, think we were slow again at times but I'm sure it will come.

I'm not sure on wolters everything seems to need to be on his left foot and it becomes very predictable

42 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Still not totally clicked but good to get a win, especially as Buckie had a couple of chances. Definitely improved when Allan came on, what an eye for a pass the guy has. Deacon and Moussa again impressed. Decent performance from Buckie, especially the keeper and fair play to the 135 away fans, that's a number that shames the likes of Hamilton. I did see a couple of Buckie fans who were so pished they could barely stand - long journey home!

They like their bevvy:lol: a few looked weather beaten last week when they arrived at our place. Good guys though with no hassle.

They like their bevvy:lol: a few looked weather beaten last week when they arrived at our place. Good guys though with no hassle.

Fuçk all to do in Buckie after you've shagged your sister.

Buckie's keeper pulled off 2 or 3 absolutely fantastic saves, think we were slow again at times but I'm sure it will come.

I'm not sure on wolters everything seems to need to be on his left foot and it becomes very predictable

Quite agree re Wolters and if he is as one footed as it appears then defenders will suss him out pretty quickly, hope I'm wrong. Interestingly though he may just have stuck a rocket up Williams jacksy as today when he came on, and for the first time in over a year he skinned a full back and got a cross in ????[emoji449][emoji448][emoji312][emoji313]

My only concern for the derby if they are both on three wins the draw or penalty shoot out loss will be enough and both might just go through the motions

It's a Dundee derby. I think that's rather unlikely

A pretty laboured performance, but if not for the heroics of the Buckie keeper we would have won about 5-0. 

I'm not overly concerned. Last season we beat Forfar 7-0 and Dumbarton 6-2 and look how the season panned out. 

It's good to see McCann recognising a poor performance and acting instead of just trotting out cliches about needing to see a reaction in the next game.

Al Pacino's speech about life being a game of inches (steady on) springs to mind - if the Buckie lad today had poked the ball home instead of wide, and had Rovers not passed up that great chance at 1-1, we'd be doing a Dundee in the Cup yet again. Having said that, I'm still feeling pretty optimistic. It'll take a bit of time for a team of mostly new signings to gel, and we've clearly got more options and have upgraded in most areas of the park. Given the throat-cutting in some other groups, chances are a win at Cowden will guarantee us last 16 (but I'll still want to remind United wha's in charge next Sunday).
Oh, and props to the Buckie goalie today - pulled off a number of good saves and two absolute corkers.

Al Pacino's speech about life being a game of inches (steady on) springs to mind - if the Buckie lad today had poked the ball home instead of wide, and had Rovers not passed up that great chance at 1-1, we'd be doing a Dundee in the Cup yet again. Having said that, I'm still feeling pretty optimistic. It'll take a bit of time for a team of mostly new signings to gel, and we've clearly got more options and have upgraded in most areas of the park. Given the throat-cutting in some other groups, chances are a win at Cowden will guarantee us last 16 (but I'll still want to remind United wha's in charge next Sunday).
Oh, and props to the Buckie goalie today - pulled off a number of good saves and two absolute corkers.

Yes we've ridden our luck but it's about bloody time we got some in the Cups.

Archived