Group G

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep I figured that. Certainly the BBC reported the substitution as you describe it.

Alan Reid didnt take one for Rovers either I dont think. Davidson missed their 3rd not the 5th. It was Fisher who missed the last one I think.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Good article but this didn`t happen

After the first 4 penalties were scored, Jack Leightfield and then Alan Reid missed in quick succession for either side

There are some odd things going on at Palmerston but an unused sub goalkeeper isn`t as yet high up on our list of penalty takers. It was Danny Carmichael who missed.

Two papers I read yesterday had Leighfield coming on as sub instead of Carmichael. One also showed a substitution being made in the 102nd minute. 

Bad crack if our own PA announcer doesn't know the difference our sub goalie and Danny Carmichael.

12 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Good article but this didn`t happen

After the first 4 penalties were scored, Jack Leightfield and then Alan Reid missed in quick succession for either side

There are some odd things going on at Palmerston but an unused sub goalkeeper isn`t as yet high up on our list of penalty takers. It was Danny Carmichael who missed.

Hi,

As I said on one of the other threads, I wasn't at the match so had to rely on BBC for the updates and report. The BBC stated in their "Live Text" section, that Jack Leightfield scored. Thanks for making me aware of the wrong player and I will now change it to Danny Carmichael. 

ETA: If I've got any of the Albion Rovers penalty takers wrong, too, please feel free to correct me and I will update my article. Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Hi,

As I said on one of the other threads, I wasn't at the match so had to rely on BBC for the updates and report. The BBC stated in their "Live Text" section, that Jack Leightfield scored. Thanks for making me aware of the wrong player and I will now change it to Danny Carmichael. 

ETA: If I've got any of the Albion Rovers penalty takers wrong, too, please feel free to correct me and I will update my article. Thanks. 

Cheers. 

The penalty takers are listed on QOS twitter. I think they are correct.

QOStwitter

Keep up the good work on the articles. Always a good read.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Two papers I read yesterday had Leighfield coming on as sub instead of Carmichael. One also showed a substitution being made in the 102nd minute. 

Bad crack if our own PA announcer doesn't know the difference our sub goalie and Danny Carmichael.

PA = Press Association.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Cheers. 

The penalty takers are listed on QOS twitter. I think they are correct.

QOStwitter

Keep up the good work on the articles. Always a good read.

Thanks, appreciate the comments and help. Will have a look and adapt my report tonight with the correct penalty takers. 

5 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Completely pointless penalty shootout, of course.

In direct context, yes. Made no odds to anything. From our point of view though I'm glad we got a chance to win one. If we need one later in the season in either the Irn Bru Cup or Scottish Cup at least we won't be thinking about three straight losses on penalties.

Archived