Group G

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poor game yesterday. More than a whiff of pre season about it.
Was disappointed to not come away with the win. Yet again, our comic defending comes back to haunt us.
Thought Tomas played well. Sarris was my MOTM.
I feel quite sorry for Bingham. Shelling balls up to him is not playing to his strengths in the slightest. Needs to play on the shoulder and have balls threaded through to him to utilise his pace.
Crawford was his usual uninterested self.
Gillespie. The least said the better.
What is the point in Louis Longridge?
Queens looked like they were happy to settle for the point and penalties from the beginning. Physical team, which I personally like to see in a side. Bit of a shitter to lose a shootout from being two up. Naysmith's celebrations at the equaliser were hilarious. Kudos. Decent numbers through from Dumfries. Good luck for the rest of the season.
The next two games give me the fear. I've read this script before.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Him and the bench as if Queens had just scored a winner with the last kick of the ball to win the trophy as opposed to an equaliser to play a meaningless penalty shoot out in a group stage. Imo

Strange post about over-celebration from someone who uses a Billy "Chipmunk Cheeks" Reid GIRFUY gif in his posts.

It was hardly a meaningless penalty shootout as winning it would have improved our chances of getting to the knockout stages where the financial benefits, not only for qualification , but for the potential of getting a good draw, would be very welcome for us. The fact that we shit it at the penalties and all but ended our future involvement could even impact on Naysmith's player recruitment to a certain extent. Naysmith gets a hard time from certain sections of the support so he was probably trying to show that he feels passionate about the club.

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Him and the bench as if Queens had just scored a winner with the last kick of the ball to win the trophy as opposed to an equaliser to play a meaningless penalty shoot out in a group stage. Imo

It wasnt meaningless for us. It kept alive our chances of progress (for about 5 mins as it turned out) and on the end of a game we had put 89 mins of effort into only to look like losing to a last minute 'worldy' he and his staff are entitled to celebrate an equaliser within 30 secs pretty wildly. No problem with that at all.

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 21:43, accies1874 said:

Queens fans, who do you reckon actually looked good for us?

Alex Gogic was terrific on the ball. Looked a class act. Sarris at the back was solid and won most things in the air. Templeton when he came on really livened yous up. Looked really bright and inventive. As for us we were pretty awful and constantly resorted to shelling aimless punts to no one in particular all game. Don't know how anyone can think we played well. Every single goal kick was a punt up the park. The entire back four showed no interest in collecting the ball from deep and looked almost scared to receive it given they all ran as far away as they could from Martin with their backs turned.  Stirling was crap tbh. Might have been down to our "style" of play though. Rankin done nothing for me. Thought Fordyce defended well, Mercer done ok after a shaky start, Jacobs battled well and Dykes worked hard but lacked quality. His finishing needs worked on. He is young enough to improve. Lyle when he was his age probably wasn't that much better. 

7 hours ago, football maniac said:

Alex Gogic was terrific on the ball. Looked a class act. Sarris at the back was solid and won most things in the air. Templeton when he came on really livened yous up. Looked really bright and inventive. As for us we were pretty awful and constantly resorted to shelling aimless punts to no one in particular all game. Don't know how anyone can think we played well. Every single goal kick was a punt up the park. The entire back four showed no interest in collecting the ball from deep and looked almost scared to receive it given they all ran as far away as they could from Martin with their backs turned.  Stirling was crap tbh. Might have been down to our "style" of play though. Rankin done nothing for me. Thought Fordyce defended well, Mercer done ok after a shaky start, Jacobs battled well and Dykes worked hard but lacked quality. His finishing needs worked on. He is young enough to improve. Lyle when he was his age probably wasn't that much better. 

A fair summing up I would say. Players with a bit of time on the ball didn't look up to see who was available and where, but seemed content to get rid if it as quick as they could. Goalkeeper Martin looks an excellent signing, vocal with his defence and at least keeps the majority of his goal- kicks within the boundary of the playing area,  Fordyce also looks very competent. We definitely need a Joe Thomson, McKenna or Bowie type of player in midfield, someone to drive play  forward. 

Hope you didn't pay it. Tickets from there are unenforceable in Scotland. They send a couple thretning letters over the course of a year then you never hear from them again

The people in the houses across the road park there cars there overnight

So, what you're saying is park in the Home Bargains?

Under 16s in for free tomorrow evening?

Yes. Seems very last minute.

No I'm saying if you did and got a ticket then as long as you can put up with the letters coming through your door then it's up to you lol

Streets round the stadium too

Not sure if I can brave the concrete jungle.

Rovers advertised the prices for all their League Cup ties at the end of June. Not sure that's last minute, but all depends on perception, I suppose

The first I saw of it was yesterday :lol: No idea how I missed it.

Archived