Group G

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Ok result, disappointing to only draw through an individual error. Good thing Skondras will be back soon Gills is terrible.

Imrie is still pish, Longridge was poor. Hopefully Templeton will be fit enough for a full season.

Tomas was tall looked unfit but shouldn't be any worse than Devlin.

But not disappointed to score from an individual error?

43 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

EK get a draw at Palmerston and then get humped at home off Albion Rovers? How does that work?

I'd be amazed if EK approached this game the same as they did the Queens and Hamilton games

Decent support think it was 288 away fans out the 1047 attendance.
Thought we were defensively solid but just pish at doing anything creative or attacking

Marked Gogic out the game to force long balls from us. Game was crying out for Donati to play from the back. Awful game, but glad we got there in the end. We just don't lose PSO's eh?

I think we played quite well today. We looked fairly solid until Marshall's duffed clearance bounced off Brownlie and sat up perfectly for their boy to lash home (great finish). I thought Dykes had a good game (despite the at times disgraceful abuse aimed at him from some within our "support"), held the ball up well and showed some good touches, and his perseverance forced the mistake for the equaliser.

If we play like that most weeks I think we'll be fine.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

EK get a draw at Palmerston and then get humped at home off Albion Rovers? How does that work?

We started the match with three back up players in the back line and were 2-0 down within five minutes.  That's not to take anything away from Rovers who were worthy winners but most of our success over the last two seasons has been built on a very strong defence.  I can't remember the last time I saw us lose 5 in 90 minutes.

I think we played quite well today. We looked fairly solid until Marshall's duffed clearance bounced off Brownlie and sat up perfectly for their boy to lash home (great finish). I thought Dykes had a good game (despite the at times disgraceful abuse aimed at him from some within our "support"), held the ball up well and showed some good touches, and his perseverance forced the mistake for the equaliser.

Hope Dykes has a good season and gets it right up his critics.

28 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

This. I was beginning to think I had been at a different game from everyone else but not quite everyone it seems.

Accies arent a top end Premier side but they are a level above us and we came and gave it a go. We didnt work the keeper enough but the one Alan Martin palmed up onto the post apart we made the better chances for me. The back four and keeper were excellent and encouraging, though Marsh should have dealt with the one that led to the goal. Jacobs was terrific and I was obviously watching a different Rankin because I thought he had a good game. 

Stirling had a poorer game though and while Murray had some good moments he didnt offer enough cover to Mercer behind him. Dykes worked away manfully all game and his efforts undoubtedly get the credit for the equaliser even if Dobbie was the quickest to react and turn it in.

Cant believe we lost the shoot out again especially from two up but to be fair to all 16 players nobody missed the target. Keepers had to make saves. The winning one from Brownlie in particular was a terrific save. Brownlie has done nothing wrong there. 

If we had managed a goal on Tuesday or won the shoot out today we would be all but through. Instead we are probably out. Small but costly margins. Very unlikely to get through now. Would take some remarkable results for 8 points to get in and thats the best we can do. :(

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Queens fans, who do you reckon actually looked good for us?

Bingham held ball up well and ur centre backs both looked massive so won almost everything,Can't really remember anything else suprised Crawford never scored any of the 3 free kicks in good positions every time I see accies he's scoring a free kick/good goal it seems

What about queens players?

Archived