Group G

1 hour ago, sam2304 said:

Rovers V Stenny tonight. Hopefully one of the Dunlops will forget which way he's shooting and stick one in his own net. And unless Mark Ferry has learned to pass the ball forward over the summer then we already have an extra man in midfield. Looking forward to a return to competitive action, not sure what to expect yet from this squad on the back of a few friendly games. Victoria looks up for it anyway

I've only seen Mark Ferry twice but he's looked handy enough - we've stationed him in front of the centre-backs and he's done a decent job of getting the ball going forward.

I'm disappointed to be missing this game but this will be an indicator as to where this Stenhousemuir team is. No reason to say we can't do something here.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Against Stenny I was just hoping for a win to start us off. Tonight I'm hoping for a 3-0 win minimum. We're effectively playing a slightly better Dalbeattie Star tonight so a comfortable win shouldn't be a big ask.

I assume EK raised their game for their derby on Saturday.

My first look at the new boys and hopefully Jesse gets a run out tonight as well. EK are absolutely in with a shout if they can muster up a couple of set-pieces.

Hopefully set pieces won't pose as much of a problem this season but we will just have to wait and see. Obviously the more set pieces the opposition have the greater chance of them scoring. Our defence will have to stay alert and not give away soft free-kicks in dangerous positions. I think our defence (and midfield) were a bit guilty of that last season.

1 hour ago, Moonglum25 said:

Ferry looked the part on Saturday but tonight will be a better test for where we stand this year. Team likely to change to give everyone game time for the start of the league.

How are we looking in terms of numbers for tonight? Who's likely to be included in the squad and who's missing through suspension and injury?

2 changes in the team from Saturday with Murray and Lyle replacing Tapping and Dykes.

Martin.

Rooney Fordyce, Brownlie, Marshall

Murray, Jacobs, Rankin, Stirling.

Lyle, Dobbie.

Subs, Bell Leighfield .Akubuine  Mercer Dykes.

Only 5 subs according to QOS Twitter- though Mr X above suggests Tapping is on bench??

Edit to add twitter updated and Tapping is on bench. Thanks Mr X :thumsup2

Archived