Group G

1 hour ago, drs said:

One touch of magic from Dobbie for the third, aside from that Queens were pedestrian at best. The opener for Stenny a penalty that was as stupid as you'll ever see, no need to go in like that when the Stenny player was going nowhere.

The leveller for Queens looked to me to take a deflection that took it past Smith - Smith looked shaky all afternoon, not commanding the box and failing to make up his mind about coming for a ball into the box led to one of the goals.

Best moment of the afternoon was the twat on the tannoy asking for the fans to do a "hell yeah" and was met with complete and utter silence. Feckin hilarious.

Yes Dobbie`s first was definitely deflected. 

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, drs said:

One touch of magic from Dobbie for the third, aside from that Queens were pedestrian at best. The opener for Stenny a penalty that was as stupid as you'll ever see, no need to go in like that when the Stenny player was going nowhere.

The leveller for Queens looked to me to take a deflection that took it past Smith - Smith looked shaky all afternoon, not commanding the box and failing to make up his mind about coming for a ball into the box led to one of the goals.

Best moment of the afternoon was the twat on the tannoy asking for the fans to do a "hell yeah" and was met with complete and utter silence. Feckin hilarious.

I think that is single-handedly the most cringe worthy thing Ive ever heard on a match tannoy. Well done to the Stenny fans for taking no part in it

My first look at the 17-18 version of Queens. First half was poor fare. Midfield failed to produce much in the way of support for Dykes or Dobbie. Decent crosses were non- existent when the ball did go wide.

Defence looked decent enough but Stenny weren't really pushing on and testing it much. Big blunder by Rooney getting caught wrong side and giving the guy a blatant shove to gift the opener.

Second half saw a better performance with Stirling doing well running at defenders. Dobbie got lucky with his shot for the equaliser but he delivered his first decent cross of the game to plonk the ball on Rooney's head for a bit of redemption. Stenny ran out of steam latterly and lost a third to the Dobbmeister.

Overall, not a great performance. I think the defence looked OK but will face sterner tests, of course. Keeper Martin looked sound and commanded his box more than Lee would have imo. Centre backs Fordyce and Brownlie got pass marks. Rooney looked useful going forward. Not a flawless day defending though.

Well, that was interesting.

Saw the good and the bad of Accies today. Showed some flashes of great play but our old weaknesses are still very evident. On another day, we could have easily conceded at least 3 or 4 goals (reminded me a lot of the Annan game). Hopefully with Templeton, Donati, Skondras and new signings to become available they'll give us better shape, as it looks shambolic out there at times. We did have about 30 shots with half of them on target along with what seemed like about 15 corners but we are too easily carved open.

Bingham's miss has to be seen to be believed. Genuinely more difficult to miss than put the ball in the net. As a total confidence player, that might set him back. Hopefully not.

Not sure how much longer I can watch Gillespie pass the ball straight out of play when under zero pressure. You'd think I'd be immune to it by now.

Will have to play a lot better against much stronger opposition next week.

Enjoyed the day. Nice set up at EK. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Take it he played at RB? I think he can do well holding, to be honest, and he'll be our second-choice anyway when Skondras comes back.

26 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Enjoyed the day. Nice set up at EK. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers, it was great having you guys at K Park.  Your fans generated a good atmosphere.  Hamilton are the best team I've seen us play at home and I could see you were stronger all over the pitch, that said we didn't disgrace ourselves by any stretch.

Was impressed by Greg Docherty.

A bit weird as an Accies fan brought up in EK visiting the K Park for the first time. Although I moved away three years ago will certainly hope to be back.
As for the game, Accies were very rusty but with the majority of the team having played together for some time there was some good play at times and far better than 12 months ago at Ayr. Thankfully the fitness in last 15mims made the difference which meant Bingham's awful miss didn't matter. We need new strikers but otherwise the team will be fine once at full strength. Hope both teams have successful seasons.

I'm being slightly facetious of course. He just seems to have at least one shocker every time he plays. Yes, he's much more suited to midfield IMO.

RB in first half. When McMann went off injured, I think he moved to LB to accommodate Lyon at RB. I'm sure someone with a keener eye than me can confirm.

He did move to LB when Lyon came on. We can play much better than that. Some of the passing was very slack today, but this is pretty much still pre-season and we will improve. What's the story with Templeton? I heard he was playing for the U 20's midweek. Got to be a fitness issue with him. Also Redmond on the bench again is baffling. One of, if not thee most talented player we have and not starting doesn't add up. The most telling thing for me today is if we go into the new season with only Bingham as our main striker then it's Adios Premiership. Getting more strikers in is a must.

55 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Meant to say hats off to the Ek keeper.He played an absolute blinder in the 1st half. I wouldn't mind us signing him as a back-up or even to push Woods for a starting slot.

Matt McGinley had a good season at Albion Rovers but James Ward then signed Neil Parry and McGinley withered on the bench. I'm pleased to hear he's doing well at a club who appreciates him.

Matt McGinley had a good season at Albion Rovers but James Ward then signed Neil Parry and McGinley withered on the bench. I'm pleased to hear he's doing well at a club who appreciates him.

I suppose with goalkeepers it's all about consistency and maybe today was a one off but he certainly done himself proud on that showing. Good luck btw to EK this season. Nice wee set-up they have through there.

We had our ugly moments today, but they got the job done, which is the main thing.

Gillespie can't play full back, on either side, so I wish Canning would just stop playing him there, Hopefully Skondras will keep him out, and we need to sign another left back for cover.

Definitely need another striker, hopefully that Argentinian boy will be announced soon. Haven't given up on Bingham, I still feel he has good quality's that when paired with someone he can play could produce something.

Good luck to EK, enjoyed my day, and hope to see you's replace the likes of Cowdenbeath soon.

QOTS were brutal. If we had enough senior players to fill the bench and replace legs after an hour that would have been easy work.

Dobbie is a class act but apart from that you couldn't take one of their players in our squad. John Rankin was particularly rancid.

There is no way that gang will finish above 8th in the Championship.

Enjoy your season.

I suppose with goalkeepers it's all about consistency and maybe today was a one off but he certainly done himself proud on that showing. Good luck btw to EK this season. Nice wee set-up they have through there.

He has been brilliant since he came in. Im suprised nobody at a higher level has taken a chance on him.

QOTS were brutal. If we had enough senior players to fill the bench and replace legs after an hour that would have been easy work.
Dobbie is a class act but apart from that you couldn't take one of their players in our squad. John Rankin was particularly rancid.
There is no way that gang will finish above 8th in the Championship.
Enjoy your season.

^^ tannoy announcer found

Trying to play 3 central midfielders in a midfield 4 was brutal. Rankin was awful wide left first half and Tapping only fractionally better when tried out to the right second half.

Yep we were discussing this too - felt like 3 defensive midfielders most of the time. Against a lower division team we should be able to be more expansive.

And yes please can we have Dobbie on the edge of the box mopping up scraps at corners rather than lobbing in pretty mediocre crosses.

Archived