Group A

JakeSAFC

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The two biggest teams in Angus meet

Arbroath are in Group D champ. [emoji6]

Anyway, I can only echo what has been said already. Total borefest with the biggest away crowd at the Glebe probably being able to fit in a single coach seeing as ICT / Falkirk have two more opportunities to visit in what will be a far more important league campaign.

Works out well for me being down here I guess. No real surprise to see none of the games on TV. Some better one off choices elsewhere in the draw.

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

Works out well for me being down here I guess. No real surprise to see none of the games on TV. Some better one off choices elsewhere in the draw.

Queen's Park v Motherwell is a strange one to choose though.

The fixtures, happy with Falkirk away but wish we had got Inverness away from home and on the Saturday...oh well.

300ddcf9e13219b03552fdb7305ee22e.jpg

Worst possible draw. Was hoping for Forfar away as it's one I have not been to before. We also have both the more likely challengers away from home.

I'd prefer we went back to one off ties. These games are very unattractive. Away to two teams in the same league who well play four times more at least and at home to two lower division teams one of whom we played in the same cup last season. Might be better without the regional split to create more variety

at home to two lower division teams one of whom we played in the same cup last season. Might be better without the regional split to create more variety

Shitting it imo.

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'd prefer we went back to one off ties. These games are very unattractive. Away to two teams in the same league who well play four times more at least and at home to two lower division teams one of whom we played in the same cup last season. Might be better without the regional split to create more variety

Prefer this format to the one off ties in the past, gives the Betfred Cup more appeal to lower league clubs who have the chance of making more money from the format. Regarding the Regional split just the luck of the draw, at least the game against the Albion will be at home for you.

I quite like the format too and don't get the argument that because we've been a little unlucky in this draw the whole thing should be scrapped.

There were obviously a few permutations I would've preferred like Forfar away but at the end of it all this is still far more interesting than pre-season friendlies against English L1 sides or championship reserve teams

On paper its a good idea but crowds are gonna struggle with it being holiday time for most of us working class ha ha. Maybe a bit more boring as 3 of us were in same group last year eh ? Still gets us started and into it ...We seem to get Falkirk a lot in cup comp s over the years .2 games spring to mind mid 80 s Skol Cup 3 1 victory at glebe sure Houston playing for Falkirk and we had Jim Kerr n John Perry Ken Eadie etc .Then early 2000 s Fozzy taking dogs abuse for 90 minutes and puttin a free kick in top corner  in 91st minute ( ran back to halfway line with hands cupped to his ears ) to take game to ET and pens which i m sure we won ( could be wrong) 

ICTFC prices for the group games are:

Adults £10

Conc £5

U16 FREE

ICT Season Ticket holders also get entry to the Brechin match if they visit the ticket office before the game. 

Adults £10
Conc £5
U16 FREE
Season Ticket holders also get entry to the Brechin match if they visit the ticket office before the game. 

Excellent pricing especially on the free u16s hope other clubs follow suit and I might actually go to a few of these

Adults £10
Conc £5
U16 FREE
ICT Season Ticket holders also get entry to the Brechin match if they visit the ticket office before the game. 

Good to see ict offering one of the league cup games on the season ticket. Any chance of falkirk doing this?

17 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Good to see ict offering one of the league cup games on the season ticket. Any chance of falkirk doing this?

We're only doing that because the club underestimated how willing our fans would be to renew seasons tickets for the Championship at Premiership level prices with one less game and no perceived 'glamour' fixtures so after a few days they reduced prices and threw in a League Cup match for good measure.

Confirmed on the official site yesterday: http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/prices-slashed-for-betfred-cup-fixtures/
Good to see the 5 clubs agree on a sensible pricing strategy.

Agreed 're pricing good strategy. I'm getting greedy now though and would like the first game on the season ticket like ict!

Archived