Group A

JakeSAFC

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Sounds like we were poor today.

Indeed we were.  One of the most disappointing things was how poor a few of the new signings were.  Zschusschen was really poor while Joe Chalmers looks more like a guy who's just there to fill in the gaps more than anything else.  Seedorf played well but Calder was quiet.  Ridgers looks really dodgy to me.

Absolutely hilarious..Falkirk played at brockville for over a hundred years..no one cares about the binos I'm afraid Stirling is utterly rife with **** ...just how it goes

Don't know why, but you seem utterly rattled.

Guest Back Post Misses
Absolutely bossed Forfar.

McGeachie solid as usual, McNeil was class. Surprisingly Andy Black controlled midfield, got himself about. Morrison a level above as per.

Keep that level of performance up and we'll be up for the title.

The 4 chaps you mention I assume didn't play at Falkirk?

None of it means anything anyway - "solid", "class", "a level above" = clear sign of someone who has no understanding of what they're watching and can't describe it.

Inverness had 58% possession but only one shot on target. Looks like Houston is happy to sit in and use our speed up front now to hit more on the break in these games. He basically admitted on radio last night we couldn't do this with Baird last season however with Austin hippo Harris and loy this will make the difference this season

Pretty poor fare from ICT again yesterday. Falkirk absolutely strolled the first half and were well worthy of their two goals. Matty Elsdon looked very naive positionally for the first - hopefully that's just a lack of experience showing, and something that will improve over time. We competed more in the second half and created better chances than we had against Stirling, but there was still a sense that the players don't really know each others' games yet - the uncertainty of the movement and the stiltedness of the  build-up play was a million miles away from the fluency the team had, say, three seasons ago. It's so early in the season, though, and there have been so many changes, that it's impossible at the moment to make any meaningful predictions about how the team is likely to develop. Seedorf certainly seems a talent - comfortable in defence, but also our most potent attacking threat, which may give Robertson pause for thought about how and where to use him. Zschusschen did look pretty off the pace, and Oakley offered more when he came on, but our strikers have often taken a while to come on to a game in the past, and he needs to be given the opportunity to develop an understanding with his team-mates. Baird worked hard and did have the ball in the net in the second half with a neat finish, but it was chopped off.

John Robertson apparently accused some players of a 'lack of desire' in his post-match interview. I'm all for candour, but I do worry a bit when a new manager starts publicly criticising his players so early. Foran did the same; it smacks of pandering to supporters, and it can't do much for building a sense of unity and team/squad spirit, qualities which I suspect are badly needed at the moment. 

ETA: the goals. Fucking hell, that kick out from Ridgers which led to the second. I'd obviously blanked out that horrorshow. 

Quite pleased with the win at Forfar as Forfar outclassed is three times last season (I missed the January game up at Forfar when Stirling should have won)
Be interested in a Forfar fan's view of how they played compared to last season. If we can do the same against Brechin on Tuesday then I may just place a wee bet at the bookies.

Don t know what Tues holds in store for us .It will be first time this year im assuming we ll have afull squad to choose from .. We were nt bad against Forfar . i don t count ICT game last week as we d 6 first teamers out. Gotta sharpen up in front of goal though I ve a feeling this ll be our down fall this year 

Morrison never played at Falkirk. Also the Falkirk game was a one off. We were shite and got hammered off a far better side.

Last 2 games have shown we're not a bad side.

4 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

Pretty poor fare from ICT again yesterday. Falkirk absolutely strolled the first half and were well worthy of their two goals. Matty Elsdon looked very naive positionally for the first - hopefully that's just a lack of experience showing, and something that will improve over time. We competed more in the second half and created better chances than we had against Stirling, but there was still a sense that the players don't really know each others' games yet - the uncertainty of the movement and the stiltedness of the  build-up play was a million miles away from the fluency the team had, say, three seasons ago. It's so early in the season, though, and there have been so many changes, that it's impossible at the moment to make any meaningful predictions about how the team is likely to develop. Seedorf certainly seems a talent - comfortable in defence, but also our most potent attacking threat, which may give Robertson pause for thought about how and where to use him. Zschusschen did look pretty off the pace, and Oakley offered more when he came on, but our strikers have often taken a while to come on to a game in the past, and he needs to be given the opportunity to develop an understanding with his team-mates. Baird worked hard and did have the ball in the net in the second half with a neat finish, but it was chopped off.

John Robertson apparently accused some players of a 'lack of desire' in his post-match interview. I'm all for candour, but I do worry a bit when a new manager starts publicly criticising his players so early. Foran did the same; it smacks of pandering to supporters, and it can't do much for building a sense of unity and team/squad spirit, qualities which I suspect are badly needed at the moment. 

ETA: the goals. Fucking hell, that kick out from Ridgers which led to the second. I'd obviously blanked out that horrorshow. 

Admittedly for the second goal Ridgers was initially at fault for the poor clearance but looking at I see five of our players following the two Falkirk players yet no challenges, so for me there are two feck up's going on there.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Admittedly for the second goal Ridgers was initially at fault for the poor clearance but looking at I see five of our players following the two Falkirk players yet no challenges, so for me there are two feck up's going on there.

Definitely, aye. You'd want Chalmers closer to Loy in the first place, and Draper tying to close him down once it was clear Chalmers had lost him. 

7 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

For offside. He's a game wee guy and should score a few goals for you this season however he will be flagged offside at least once in every match.

On 23 July 2017 at 09:31, bridge of allan bairn said:

Inverness had 58% possession but only one shot on target. Looks like Houston is happy to sit in and use our speed up front now to hit more on the break in these games. He basically admitted on radio last night we couldn't do this with Baird last season however with Austin hippo Harris and loy this will make the difference this season

Don't think it's a bad way to go for us. From the highlights, it looks like ICT only had 1 clear chance (good save from Thomson) and only managed 5 shots in total. If we can continue limiting teams like that, I'll be fairly optimistic about a title challenge. We conceded 1.11 goals per game last season which was too much IMO. And it goes without saying that we should be aiming to score more this season too.

Archived