Group A

JakeSAFC

25 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Was it not 2-0 on penalties to ICT?

I can't imagine how funny it would be to see the first six penalties missed after a 0-0 draw. emoji16.png

You had me confused there. Only 5, ICT scored their 3rd, Stirling went first, otherwise it couldn't have ended 2-0.

17 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Aye, they scored their last 2. The first 5 were all missed :lol:

Penalties aside, a good bounce back from the Falkirk game. We matched Inverness throughout and could have nicked it right at the end. Morrison and McGeachie were immense.

Youse battled away Jake but matched, nah the stats tell a different story, ICT a team in transition (make that turmoil) but we had several scrambles on your goal line. If Oakley was any good he would have had 3 or 4 but some of his efforts are still in orbit. Did look a bit dodgy when you won a couple of corners at the end but Albion created nowt really. Morrison looks handy.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Youse battled away Jake but the stats tell a different story, ICT a team in transition but we had several scrambles on your goal line. If Oakley was any good he would have had 3 or 4. Did look a bit dodgy when you won a couple of corners at the end but Albion created nowt. Morrison looks handy.

Agreed, 2 disallowed goals as well. Was a pretty even game. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

9 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

What about Trav.Wasnt at game but worried at him off injured?

Didn't look too bad, fingers crossed. Him and Mensing looked pretty good together, as did Millar and Easton in central midfield. Still need another striker I would say, not enough threat from some promising moves.

59 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Agreed, 2 disallowed goals as well. Was a pretty even game. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Was nothing wrong with the first one as far as I could see either. Looked like the keeper flapped at it but got the foul as he was amongst a fair few bodies.

Second one was always going to be a foul. Trying an overhead kick in those situations is just stupidity these days.

First half could be summed up with meh. Second half I think we dominated play without ever being dangerous. Though Baird should have scored midway through the second half but the keeper grabbed it off his toe a few yards out.

Stirlings keeper looks horrendous btw. Can't come out for a cross and had a nuke for the second disallowed goal too.

From an ICT point of view, was very very impressed with Seedorf. Calder also gave a good showing. Will feel sorry for Polworth if he is going to be getting shoved out wide again this season. He's just not a winger. He had a couple of driving runs through the middle, one in each half, and he looked so much better when in these situations. Not convinced by any of our strikers. Baird just looks like he will run and run and be decent with general build up play but doesn't look like a goalscorer. Oakley gets in the right positions but again looks like he couldn't finish a w**k and the new boy Susan (for short) seemed to have a few nice touches and could hold the ball up well, bit of pace too and was looking to get in behind the defence too. Might be a bit harsh to judge him on 35 mins or so but I think he will struggle to get into double figures this year.

Very early days for us but Falkirk this Saturday is a massive game just to see where we really are as a team. Hopefully we can get OFW and the other unnamed player off the wage bill as I feel we still need a centre mid, a winger and another striker if we are going to be serious title challenegers this year 

4 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Was nothing wrong with the first one as far as I could see either. Looked like the keeper flapped at it but got the foul as he was amongst a fair few bodies.

Second one was always going to be a foul. Trying an overhead kick in those situations is just stupidity these days.

Baird was booked for the first one, I thought it was for using his hand to "score".

As the song goes things can only get better,hopefully we are not going defend like this or we will get whacked every week and how long before Andy Jackson blows a gasket with Issac a great entertainer but he will have to learn when to let others join in. Basically this is still pre season games and as I say above hopefully things will get better especially at the back at least it was only a tenner to get in.

1 hour ago, AlbionMan said:

Baird was booked for the first one, I thought it was for using his hand to "score".

Thought that too but the BBC says a bad foul and Robertson was booked at the same time.

50 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

As the song goes things can only get better,hopefully we are not going defend like this or we will get whacked every week and how long before Andy Jackson blows a gasket with Issac a great entertainer but he will have to learn when to let others join in. Basically this is still pre season games and as I say above hopefully things will get better especially at the back at least it was only a tenner to get in.

I think our defence will sort it self out .. Its just lack of punch up front jackos great but not gonna  score 20 goals a season ... Isaacs got it and will improve but has to listen to teammates. Finn was encouraging him all night. Maybe his goal will settle him down now ..I think Pabs n Fusco have had great starts to season and Crighton a definate positive addition.. Euan Sparks getting better every game considering hes being used in different positions ..Everything looking good .. As for Forfar they were decent can t understand the grief they ve been recieving .And O See s KICKED IT IN E MERT pity he hit it from the Glebe :thumsup2

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

I think our defence will sort it self out .. Its just lack of punch up front jackos great but not gonna  score 20 goals a season ... Isaacs got it and will improve but has to listen to teammates. Finn was encouraging him all night. Maybe his goal will settle him down now ..I think Pabs n Fusco have had great starts to season and Crighton a definate positive addition.. Euan Sparks getting better every game considering hes being used in different positions ..Everything looking good .. As for Forfar they were decent can t understand the grief they ve been recieving .And O See s KICKED IT IN E MERT pity he hit it from the Glebe :thumsup2

Agree about Spark thought he looked decent last night. Difficult to say how good or bad Forfar are but liked the look of their no 8 albeit he was a bit oh a greetin faced chubby loon who was he ? 

Dylan Easton, ex St Johnstone & Elgin. Was at Clyde last season and highly thought of but got a bad injury early on and missed most of the season. Agree he looked useful. 

First opportunity for me to see the team this term and thought the signs were generally good. Was pretty close behind the goal and didn't think it was a pen although we should have dealt with it earlier and in any case could have no complaints with the draw. Enjoyed watching Isaac, tho I wonder how often we'll be able to play two up front this season. Crichton looked like a good acquisition tho not as tall as I seem to recall him being for Livi??

spark looks like he could be useful as well if he can cut out the air shots... finally the Glebe was looking a picture last night on a lovely evening

23 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

If we play like we did against Falkirk then it'll most likely happen.

20 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

30 mins in....0-0.

You may be disgruntled.

18 hours ago, rhliston said:

Cue one disgruntled ICT supporter. :lol:

998416.jpg?b64lines=SSBhbQogZGlzZ3J1bnRs

It was a poor performance from us, we didn't really create much. Big preseason feel to it and we had to change early when Mulreany came off.

The new striker looks promising and had some good touches. Seedorf was quiet and Chalmers was poor. Calder looked effective going forward.

We don't really have any real creativity though and it showed. I liked Vigurs' play, he dropped off and played some decent passes but he didn't create that many chances.

The penalty shoot out was hilarious. Not only did the first five players miss but five of the six missed penalties were off target. Some shocking efforts, the final Albion penalty was one of the worst you'll see, although aChalmers ran close.

Joe Chalmers, ouch. An imposter still playing full time football.

The excitement is palpable for this one today then. I'd go with an unchanged XI from last week. Would take a draw given the way the group had panned out but we should be trying to take the initiative from the off.

Falkirk look a good price for this one I reckon, 13/5.

Archived