Group H

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a fun group, we can pump Airdrie and Stranraer for old times sake. St Mirren are no pushovers and Thistle will be tough but reckon we could see either off to progress

I think it's the first time we've played Stranraer in a competitive game since the 2006 playoffs. Although if the format of last year is repeated we'll have them at home which negates the only decent away day. Everything else is as meh as f**k, us included.

St Mirren game might end up being a TV choice given there's no Rangers to monopolise the options this year and other than the Dundee and Ayrshire derbies not a lot else stands out.

I think it's the first time we've played Stranraer in a competitive game since the 2006 playoffs. Although if the format of last year is repeated we'll have them at home which negates the only decent away day. Everything else is as meh as f**k, us included.
St Mirren game might end up being a TV choice given there's no Rangers to monopolise the options this year and other than the Dundee and Ayrshire derbies not a lot else stands out.

Yep - that was the last one - happy enough with a rare trip to Firhill, although it might have been more interesting at our place!

Airdrie and Livingston at home with St Mirren and Stranraer away would be the preferred structure of the fixtures within the group... which isn't going to happen. [emoji20]

For us I'd prefer Thistle and Saints away - nae enthusiasm for additional trips to Airdrie or Livi.

Hope we don't go to firhill and get the same result as last time:unsure:

I hope you do. The second half will be even more embarrassing [emoji48] [emoji211] [emoji211]

Just now, glenburn bud said:

This is the third year in a row we've got Livingston 

I wanted EK or Queens Park but you could just sense Livi would come out of the hat.:shutup

Was hoping for East Kilbride too but had a feeling we were landing in this group. 1 win a piece from the prev cup games so a draw looks likely this time, with a pen shoot out for the bonus point. Hope we get Partick and Stranraer at home and St Mirren and Airdrie away.

Presumably they'll be covering Rangers* friendlies rather than the diddy teams entering the competition at this stage

Haven't been to fir hill so would take that and possibly Saint Mirren away as they're fans are excellent when your winning, wouldn't mind Airdrie away but f**k going to Stranraer.

I remember pre promotion I was desperate for us to play St Mirren due to having a good chunk of Saints supporting friends. Now I really can't be fucked with them particularly as I take little joy in visiting SMP. I'll only go to Stranraer game if it's away, otherwise care little.

St Mirren and Partick Thistle away hopefully.
Sick of the sight of Airdrie having been in the same league as them for a good few years.
Livingston good for some pavement dancing with young team.

As bad a group as we could have hoped for, both in terms of progression and visiting new grounds/ playing new teams.

Partick will obviously be favourites to win the group, however they only won 1-0 against us last year (and it took Hugo Faria putting their striker through on goal) so anything is possible.

St Mirren look to be really strengthening this summer and will no doubt be challenging for the championship title. Fancy them to get off to a flyer and win this group.

We lost to Livingston 5 times last season and I don't see it being any different this time round.

$tranraer are building a decent side. It will probably be between us for bottom spot. Really hope we don't get drawn away as its one hell of a drive down there.

Hopefully we get Partick Thistle and St Mirren away, and Stranraer and LIVVY at home.

My prediction:

1. St Mirren

2. Partick Thistle

3. Livingston

4. Stranraer

5. Airdrieonians

As bad a group as we could have hoped for, both in terms of progression and visiting new grounds/ playing new teams.

Partick will obviously be favourites to win the group, however they only won 1-0 against us last year (and it took Hugo Faria putting their striker through on goal) so anything is possible.

St Mirren look to be really strengthening this summer and will no doubt be challenging for the championship title. Fancy them to get off to a flyer and win this group.

We lost to Livingston 5 times last season and I don't see it being any different this time round.

$tranraer are building a decent side. It will probably be between us for bottom spot. Really hope we don't get drawn away as its one hell of a drive down there.

Hopefully we get Partick Thistle and St Mirren away, and Stranraer and LIVVY at home.

My prediction:

1. St Mirren
2. Partick Thistle
3. Livingston
4. Stranraer
5. Airdrieonians

That sounds like a fair assessment. I can see Livingston being too strong for us both to be honest.

I think this cup will be used more as an extended pre-season for us and Airdrie and anything else we get out of that is a bonus.

Most Stranraer fans would probably have preferred at least one local derby match between the likes of Ayr, QoS or Annan to add a bit of spice to the early part of the season.

Archived