Group H

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

To be honest, it's all a bit of banter. Just having a laugh

But seriously, if Airdrie are offering us Ryan for 45k they'll be lucky to break 35k

Yeah I read you'd been told that. Bit of a worry if true. There's not going to be much of a bidding war given the situation we're in.

There comes a point where keeping him and not getting a fee makes more sense than accepting a low bid (ie. what's the value of staying up and the good will of supporters worth versus eg £20k). As we don't have a manager yet (not a good sign) I'm almost certain he'll be off though. No doubt for buttons. 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Yeah I read you'd been told that. Bit of a worry if true. There's not going to be much of a bidding war given the situation we're in.

There comes a point where keeping him and not getting a fee makes more sense than accepting a low bid (ie. what's the value of staying up and the good will of supporters worth versus eg £20k). As we don't have a manager yet (not a good sign) I'm almost certain he'll be off though. No doubt for buttons. 

His wage demand is a sticking point for us, he is currently on £1300 a week, believe it or not but that's from an excellent source, he wants that with us, our maximum wage is half that and we don't want to go any higher. So unless there is some come and go between the player and the club he won't be coming to us. 

If he does lower his wage demand and we end up getting decent chunk of money for Mullen and Knox then perhaps the deal will be back on. 

His wage demand is a sticking point for us, he is currently on £1300 a week, believe it or not but that's from an excellent source, he wants that with us, our maximum wage is half that and we don't want to go any higher. So unless there is some come and go between the player and the club he won't be coming to us. 
If he does lower his wage demand and we end up getting decent chunk of money for Mullen and Knox then perhaps the deal will be back on. 

If there genuinely is a league one player on £1300 pw it's hardly surprising they are in financial turmoil

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

I'm absolutely amazed at that figure (not doubting you've been told that obviously). Is your source Livingston connected? The rumours were around £600 was top wage. I'd be shocked if its anywhere near £1300 to be honest!

21 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I'm absolutely amazed at that figure (not doubting you've been told that obviously). Is your source Livingston connected? The rumours were around £600 was top wage. I'd be shocked if its anywhere near £1300 to be honest!

Airdrie connection, I've been through this before on here and got dogs abuse but I have no reason not to believe him. 

Apparently, Airdrie had 4 or 5 players on that last season with the rest on minimum wage, that was seen as the best way forward by the club at that time, have 4 or 5 'quality' players instead of having a larger squad of average players. Didn't work and now look what's happened. 

Btw just a hunch, this I haven't been told, Ian Russell retiring, maybe that was something to do with him being an airdrie fan and not wanting to take anymore money out the club...he was one of the 4 or 5. 

5 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Airdrie connection, I've been through this before on here and got dogs abuse but I have no reason not to believe him. 

Apparently, Airdrie had 4 or 5 players on that last season with the rest on minimum wage, that was seen as the best way forward by the club at that time, have 4 or 5 'quality' players instead of having a larger squad of average players. Didn't work and now look what's happened. 

Btw just a hunch, this I haven't been told, Ian Russell retiring, maybe that was something to do with him being an airdrie fan and not wanting to take anymore money out the club...he was one of the 4 or 5. 

Yeah I'd heard the chat with the big wage players and minimum wages. Honestly though I've not seen or heard that figure (or anything close to it) anywhere else. I couldn't even name you 4 or 5 players that we'd need to even pay that much to. Appreciate you sharing all the same. If Ryan is on that btw, unless he gets the same elsewhere (unlikely!), he's as well sticking it for this season and walking on a free.

I thought it was a mix of that and knowing what lay ahead with Russell. He's obviously got his own issues and I don't think this season would have been good for him. 

41 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Yeah I'd heard the chat with the big wage players and minimum wages. Honestly though I've not seen or heard that figure (or anything close to it) anywhere else. I couldn't even name you 4 or 5 players that we'd need to even pay that much to. Appreciate you sharing all the same. If Ryan is on that btw, unless he gets the same elsewhere (unlikely!), he's as well sticking it for this season and walking on a free.

I thought it was a mix of that and knowing what lay ahead with Russell. He's obviously got his own issues and I don't think this season would have been good for him. 

Russell was on that amount, Ryan, Conroy, Fitzpatrick and I believe before they made an excuse to get rid of him Hugo Faria was on 1k a week. 

We are lucky enough to have an owner with his head screwed on at long last and he's already said he won't break the wage structure, so if we do end up signing Andy Ryan it will be for a hefty wage cut which is why I can't see it happening.

As you say he'd be aswell staying put then move on for free at the end of the season, but I'm sure if a bid comes in Airdrie are in no position to turn it down.

I don't want to stir things up, as I say I got torn apart for this last season when I mentioned it but it's what I was told and I've no reason not to believe it. 

It would make sense that Russell, Ryan and Conroy were on a substantial wage for that level, but over a grand a week is ripping it.

That's more than plenty of decent top flight players must get.

That signing policy sounds like something you'd try on Football Manager. Madness.

You'd only try that if you had edited your budget first.

Was told that Peterhead had a few guys on £400 a week part time, I thought that was bonkers. If true, our wage structure blows that out the water.

8 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

It came from a very reliable Livingston source only issue seems to be the wage with Airdrie paying in the region of £1,300 a week

I wouldn't be too happy if we'd sold our best player for pennies but it comes at the cost of having your club alive for another season or so

Shaun Byrne [emoji7]

Also that passing move from Hopkin's Heroes for the fourth was like Brazil 70 against Italy, arguably better. Only difference is Brazil didn't have Shaun Byrne.

"How's he doing that?" - A child looking on in wonderment at the sheer wizardry of Shaun Bryne's footwork

We've been doing it for years rolling into these wee towns and inspiring the youth for many years to come. Teams like Stranraer should be thankful of us.

6 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

We've been doing it for years rolling into these wee towns and inspiring the youth for many years to come. Teams like Stranraer should be thankful of us.

He'll remember it years from now, gathering his grand children around to tell them about the time The Amber Machine rolled into town

Just now, ATLIS said:

He'll remember it years from now, gathering his grand children around to tell them about the time The Amber Machine rolled into town

Last time I saw a Livi player doing as fancy footwork as that was Griffiths against Dunfermline when he did a double drag back and pirouette before nutmegging their keeper to win the game 2-1.

Watched the Airdrie highlights, a few free headers inthe box that better teams would take advantage of. Obviously Liam was a magnet to the ball when dealing with crosses etc but this really has to be looked at for this season.

Archived