Group H

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good performance by Stranraer tonight,although beaten 4-2 made Livi work very hard,with 3 regulars missing and regular Keeper Belford suspended, plenty of optimism for the League,Neil and Turner my best for Stranraer,as for Livi probably 6th to 8th in the Championship,Dundee Utd will skoosh that League.

Good performance by Stranraer tonight,although beaten 4-2 made Livi work very hard,with 3 regulars missing and regular Keeper Belford suspended, plenty of optimism for the League,Neil and Turner my best for Stranraer,as for Livi probably 6th to 8th in the Championship,Dundee Utd will skoosh that League.

Totally agree. Thought Neill and Robbo looked good in the centre of defence. Promising attacking play in the first half from Wallace, Agnew and Woods. Worst thing about tonight was the midgies!

Wee bit of a shame to see The Yellow Wall concede 2 goals against part time dross but the 4 at the other end make up for that.

Just now, AMC13 said:

Wee bit of a shame to see The Yellow Wall concede 2 goals against part time dross but the 4 at the other end make up for that.

You're a bad man.:lol:

Conceded as many goals in this game as we did in the other 3 against Partick th, St Mirren and Airdrie, but also scored as many. Was good to see us scoring 4 goals and Robinson getting one on his debut.

8 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Strangely looking forward to tonight.

There could be a battering on the cards, however if our youngsters can show the same commitment they showed against Livi on Saturday we can't be too disappointed.

Anything better than a four goal defeat would be respectable, especially given Partick's result against St. Mirren at the weekend.

we were toying with your youngsters for 70 minutes? It would've been 9 if we hadn't have been fucking around

Livi could be in for a very good season.

All the focus will be on Dundee Utd, Falkirk, St Mirren and Inverness. No one is expecting anything from newly promoted Livingston. Definitely my tip to be the dark horses of the Championship this season.

Glad to have won but also strangely pleased to see Morgyn Neill having such a good game.

Really nice guy who never really got a regular chance with us; also underrated by some of the support. Often blamed when Gordon was more at fault in my opinion

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Glad to have won but also strangely pleased to see Morgyn Neill having such a good game.

Really nice guy who never really got a regular chance with us; also underrated by some of the support. Often blamed when Gordon was more at fault in my opinion

Always rated Morgyn, clearly a good player in there and think this could be a good season for him. Hope he wins the league for Stranraer.

Aye, Neil was a fairly decent player. Tried hard and had the correct attitude but probably not quite good enough to play in a solid Championship side. Hope he does well for Stranraer.

Would be a bit wary over our start to the season still. Always a few surprise results at the early stages of the league/challenge cup with teams showing promise and then not living up to it in the league. 8th and some entertaining football would be a good return to the championship.

we were toying with your youngsters for 70 minutes? It would've been 9 if we hadn't have been fucking around

It wasn't though, your teams fault for fucking around and getting too wet to play.

We have no manager, no money and kids thrown in at the deep end. We fully understand we are in the shit right now and if these kids show commitment and passion every week most of us will be happy with that. If teams like yours take the foot off the gas, that's your issue, not ours.

Just back from the game, much better 2nd half, controlled the game after the half time whistle and comfortably won in the end. 

First half we looked really shakey and the Stranraer wide players caused us lots of problems, Hoppy clearly sorted that at half time as I don't think Stranraer had a chance in the 2nd half. 

Anyway when that group was drawn if I was offered 6 points and 3rd place I'd have taken that and moved on but to get 11 from 12 and qualify as group winners in arguably one of the toughest groups is very pleasing indeed.

Not going to get carried away though, early season form has been excellent but I'd still take 8th. 

Good luck to all the teams for your league seasons ahead. 

Archived