Group H

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what was funnier - Osman getting himself two bookings when his team is 4-0 up or or shambolic attempts to deal with a counter attack from a team down to 10 men.

It was nice to put St Mirren back in their box. The hysteria surrounding their 'astonishing' survival last season and Jack Ross' managerial ability had grown rather tiresome. Particularly from the morons at BBC Scotland.

I'm just sorry Chic Young wasn't there to witness it.

Its really pleasing to put on a performance like that after last week's debacle. Its very early days of course, but Spittal is already looking like a shrewd signing. We've really been crying out for more goals from midfield, or in fact, more goals from anyone that isn't Kris Doolan.

Very comfortable from us today. 

Finished 2-0 but could have finished 5 or 6-0 easily. 

We were without Mullen, Carrick arguably our two first choice strikers, Knox, Robinson, Cadden, Brown all still to get game time, plus the younger guys who are coming on don't look out of place, we have a good squad this season and that will do us well for the coming league season. 

We always get tough games at Stranraer but win on Tuesday and we win what is a very tough group.

I don't think I've ever seen us have a better half of football before. Our play was brilliant, very classy, some great finishing. 

Don't think St. Mirren were up to much, to be fair, think Jack Ross has filled the team with too many young boys who are cast offs from elsewhere and lower part-time clubs. In saying that though, some of their more experienced players like the big lad at the back MacKenzie were also absolutely mince. 

Archived