League Cup Group E

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can exclusively reveal that the ignominy of Ayr beating us easily, combined with the meh nature of this cup means that Kilmarnock fans no longer have an interest in contributing meaningfully to this thread.
A very good day to you all.

Nananananana heeyheey goodbye...

Looking forward to this one tomorrow night, both teams have a great chance of progression if they win. 

Had a quick look at the Clyde team and can't say I know much about them. Goodwillie is obviously the name that stands out and they seem to have got rid of the majority of their jobbers from last seasons squad and replaced them with quite a lot of ex Annan players who obviously playerd under Chapman and finished in the promotion playoffs. 

McCall has a few selection headaches for this one if Reid and/or Forrest are fit. Personally if they are both fit I'd like to see them start. Reid coming in at Centre half in place of Jamie Adams who (understandably) looked a bit shaky at times v Dumbarton. I'd also like to see David Ferguson get a shot at RB with Geggan moving into midfield but it's going to be impossible to get Doc, Crawford, Geggan, Forrest and McDaid into midfield without sacrificing one of our strikers so in that case I'd go: 

Hart, Geggan, Higgins, Reid, Boyle, Forrest, Docherty, Crawford, McDaid, Moffat, Moore 

subs- Avci, Ferguson, Adams, McGuffie, Gilmour, Youngster, Youngster 

Not expecting an easy game as Clyde will be right up for it but hoping we can nick it by the odd goal. Hope Moffat and/or Moore can get off the mark tomorrow night. 

Not expecting an easy game as Clyde will be right up for it but hoping we can nick it by the odd goal. Hope Moffat and/or Moore can get off the mark tomorrow night. 

Can't see it myself tbh, having watched both teams, Ayr should win this easily by 2 or 3 goals.....

Clyde are as big as 9/1 and the draw 9/2 with Ayr as very short 1/3, so the bookies obviously don't envisage a problem for the Ayrshire Aces, I can only assume they've never watched us..........

28 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Is there still problems with Kilmarnock train station or is all that fixed? We've had to cancel the supporters bus for Saturday. 

No engineering works this Saturday. They only affect south of Kilmarnock at the moment anyway.

If Clyde start anything like we did on Saturday we will be well beaten by half time; Improved significantly during the second half which is at least the level we will need to be at to have any chance. Creativity as ever will be our biggest issue; Goodwillie being back of course, will always give us a scoring chance right enough. Should be a decent game as there is bit at stake. 

13 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Looking forward to this one tomorrow night, both teams have a great chance of progression if they win.

Had a quick look at the Clyde team and can't say I know much about them. Goodwillie is obviously the name that stands out and they seem to have got rid of the majority of their jobbers from last seasons squad and replaced them with quite a lot of ex Annan players who obviously playerd under Chapman and finished in the promotion playoffs.

McCall has a few selection headaches for this one if Reid and/or Forrest are fit. Personally if they are both fit I'd like to see them start. Reid coming in at Centre half in place of Jamie Adams who (understandably) looked a bit shaky at times v Dumbarton. I'd also like to see David Ferguson get a shot at RB with Geggan moving into midfield but it's going to be impossible to get Doc, Crawford, Geggan, Forrest and McDaid into midfield without sacrificing one of our strikers so in that case I'd go:

Hart, Geggan, Higgins, Reid, Boyle, Forrest, Docherty, Crawford, McDaid, Moffat, Moore

subs- Avci, Ferguson, Adams, McGuffie, Gilmour, Youngster, Youngster

Match preview on the OS confirms that Reid is fit  however Forrest misses out. In that case I would stick McGuffie in for Forrest.

here's our team - 1. Hart, 2. Higgins, 3. Boyle, 6. Geggan, 7. Moffat, 8. Crawford, 9. Moore, 11. McDaid, 14. Ferguson, 16. Adams, 23. Docherty

I am surprised that we aren't starting with Reid in defence. Hoped to see ferguson starting too but I'm sure this team will do ok

Archived