League Cup Group E

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Are you trying to convince us? Or yourself?

Not trying to convince anyone old bean.  Killie being in the top flight of Scottish football for the best part of a quarter of a century is a pretty decent feat.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not trying to convince anyone old bean.  Killie being in the top flight of Scottish football for the best part of a quarter of a century is a pretty decent feat.

You're digging so deep man. Just stop.

It's OK.

We know. You're a big(ish) club. Relax. And breathe.

39 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You're digging so deep man. Just stop.

It's OK.

We know. You're a big(ish) club. Relax. And breathe.

We're just trying to correct the misconception of a Clyde fan who rather bitterly asserted that we weren't premiership standard. Quite clearly we are there on merit 

Our record speaks for itself and the jealousy displayed by fans whose teams have never played in the premiership is amusing 

All the digging and choking is being done by those people , try not to fall into that category and enjoy your deserved victory ;) 

We're just trying to correct the misconception of a Clyde fan who rather bitterly asserted that we weren't premiership standard. Quite clearly we are there on merit 
Our record speaks for itself and the jealousy displayed by fans whose teams have never played in the premiership is amusing 
All the digging and choking is being done by those people , try not to fall into that category and enjoy your deserved victory [emoji6] 

That's a much better effort. Far more composed. Are you consoling fide? I do worry about him.

1 minute ago, DeanMck said:

Anyway, back to footballing matters. I can't see anything but a Clyde win tomorrow. Who are Dumbarton ?

How are you guys looking player wise? I remember having a conversation on your thread a few weeks back when our respective clubs would've struggled to field 11 players between them. I take it you've done what we've done and padded out a decent core with a selection of jobbers?

48 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's a much better effort. Far more composed. Are you consoling fide? I do worry about him.

Don't worry about me son.  Appreciate the concern though x

19 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

How are you guys looking player wise? I remember having a conversation on your thread a few weeks back when our respective clubs would've struggled to field 11 players between them. I take it you've done what we've done and padded out a decent core with a selection of jobbers?

Signed a couple of players then the rest are on amateur terms. Got Jordan Stewart suspended which isn't ideal and I think Goodwillie might be suspended for this game too

Just now, BullyweeClyde said:

Signed a couple of players then the rest are on amateur terms. Got Jordan Stewart suspended which isn't ideal and I think Goodwillie might be suspended for this game too

That's quite similar to us by the sounds of things, except we're paying our jobbers more than just expenses. 

Goodwillie being suspended would be a massive boost. Especially given how thin on numbers we are, and how little pace we have in the middle of our team. I make it that we have 12 fit outfield players for this...So can only really lineup like this:

Scott Gallacher

David Smith Andy Dowie Craig Barr Chris McLaughlin

Calum Gallagher Kyle Hutton David Wilson Chris Johnston

Mark Stewart Christian Nadé

Subs: Kyle Prior, Ally Roy, Jamie Ewings

Given that Hill, Walsh, Carsy and G.Gal are all out for (at least) a fortnight, I'd imagine it'll be much the same team that takes on Annan on Tuesday too. I was tempted to put Prior in for Wilson, but he's capable of some moments of brilliance, in between stumbling over the ball, running into players and rasping 40 yarders over the bar. His free-kick for the goal against Ayr for example was really decent.

If we get through this with no injuries I'll count it as a success. 

That's quite similar to us by the sounds of things, except we're paying our jobbers more than just expenses. 
Goodwillie being suspended would be a massive boost. Especially given how thin on numbers we are, and how little pace we have in the middle of our team. I make it that we have 12 fit outfield players for this...So can only really lineup like this:

Scott Gallacher

David Smith Andy Dowie Craig Barr Chris McLaughlin

Calum Gallagher Kyle Hutton David Wilson Chris Johnston

Mark Stewart Christian Nadé

Subs: Kyle Prior, Ally Roy, Jamie Ewings

Given that Hill, Walsh, Carsy and G.Gal are all out for (at least) a fortnight, I'd imagine it'll be much the same team that takes on Annan on Tuesday too. I was tempted to put Prior in for Wilson, but he's capable of some moments of brilliance, in between stumbling over the ball, running into players and rasping 40 yarders over the bar. His free-kick for the goal against Ayr for example was really decent.
If we get through this with no injuries I'll count it as a success. 

Do you guys have Johnston playing on the left ? If so get him running at the RB, you'll have mega success down that flank.

Do you guys have Johnston playing on the left ? If so get him running at the RB, you'll have mega success down that flank.

Nope, he's played exclusively on the right with Tom Walsh on the left. To be honest he's looked very hesitant and short of confidence there too.

Injuries mean that he'll really have to play on the left tomorrow though, as I don't think the SeaGal can play out there.

Nope, he's played exclusively on the right with Tom Walsh on the left. To be honest he's looked very hesitant and short of confidence there too.

Injuries mean that he'll really have to play on the left tomorrow though, as I don't think the SeaGal can play out there.

Well if he can't beat their RB, you'd be as well binning him lol.

I'd be amazed if Johnston was a major success. He was anonymous for us. A completely spineless player who disappeared as soon as any fight was required. Bemused he stayed at Championship level tbh.

Clyde without Stewart, Goodwillie, Ferguson and Dumbarton legend Kevin Nicoll. Not really sure how we'll line-up but at least we've got quite a few players.

8 hours ago, BullyweeClyde said:

Also, for any Dumbarton fans wanting a drink before the game, we've opened up a new bar inside the main stand at Broadwood for before and after games now that you're welcome in. The bar opens at 12.30 

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2017/07/12/5542/#.WXIh4YgrLIU

A good move for the Clyde.Broadwood Farm is great for cheap scran but we just want a wee drink & good banter before the game.

9 hours ago, rw89 said:

I'd be amazed if Johnston was a major success. He was anonymous for us. A completely spineless player who disappeared as soon as any fight was required. Bemused he stayed at Championship level tbh.

That's Johnston in a nutshell , clatter him early and he will disappear . Bags of talent though . 

8 hours ago, David W said:
Clyde without Stewart, Goodwillie, Ferguson and Dumbarton legend Kevin Nicoll. Not really sure how we'll line-up but at least we've got quite a few players.

Absolutely gutted that we won't get to see the N word strutting his stuff.

Given neither team have many first team players, will we just go straight to penalties to avoid injuries?

Archived