League Cup Group E

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Obviously not.
Terrible home support for a match on a beautiful July evening.

Guess people had better things to do on a Tuesday evening than watch Clyde FC.

Only the Raith V Dundee & St Mirren V Livingston games had a higher attendance on Tuesday night, and still attracted less than 3,000 fans .... I think this proves as far as most fans are concerned, they are seen no more than glorified friendlies.

Only the Raith V Dundee & St Mirren V Livingston games had a higher attendance on Tuesday night, and still attracted less than 3,000 fans .... I think this proves as far as most fans are concerned, they are seen no more than glorified friendlies.

Still trying to play down losing to us

Glorious

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Still trying to play down losing to us

Glorious

I don't think any serious Killie fan is trying to play it down.  You were better than us.  We were shite.  You won fair and square.

I don't think any serious Killie fan is trying to play it down.  You were better than us.  We were shite.  You won fair and square.

Nice to hear you admit we are better than you and you are shite. Pleasing [emoji4]

Exactly this. I was commenting on the low attendances across the board on Tuesday night.

If Ayr Utd are on such a high, how come there was only a total crowd of 615 in attendance with Dumbarton on Tuesday night?

Everyone knows you deserved your win last Friday night, nobody is arguing that point.

Exactly this. I was commenting on the low attendances across the board on Tuesday night.

If Ayr Utd are on such a high, how come there was only a total crowd of 615 in attendance with Dumbarton on Tuesday night?

Everyone knows you deserved your win last Friday night, nobody is arguing that point.

We aren't really on a high. Played poorly against killie should have won 4 or 5 nil [emoji6]

We aren't really on a high. Played poorly against killie should have won 4 or 5 nil [emoji6]

You seem unable to have a serious answer to a question...

So I'll assume your in agreement that they are only glorified friendlies.

More ayr fans than Dumbarton.not bad for middle of july

I reckon it was fairly even to be honest. 300 was about my home end estimation. A lot of fans of both sides were no doubt put off by our ridiculously high prices, and having rammed season ticket prices up too there was little incentive for home fans.

Should be a set maximum price for this cup of £6/£12 imo.

It's a bit annoying thou Nicky, You get all these fans turn up for the Derby match from either club at Summerset, Rugby Park or even Hampden, but the following week for a normal game back to the hardcore fans.

13 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I reckon it was fairly even to be honest. 300 was about my home end estimation. A lot of fans of both sides were no doubt put off by our ridiculously high prices, and having rammed season ticket prices up too there was little incentive for home fans.

Should be a set maximum price for this cup of £6/£12 imo.

According to Ayr United Media the attendance was 615 with 338 Ayr fans. That meant there was 277 Dumbarton fans.

According to Ayr United Media the attendance was 615 with 338 Ayr fans. That meant there was 277 Dumbarton fans.

Fair enough. Hopefully that sends out a strong message to Les Hope that he can't fire up prices and expect the home fans just to turn up.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

It's a bit annoying thou Nicky, You get all these fans turn up for the Derby match from either club at Summerset, Rugby Park or even Hampden, but the following week for a normal game back to the hardcore fans.

338 Ayr fans away to Dumbarton is actually quite high for us, no doubt boosted from the derby win.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

A travelling support of 300 odd for what is a glorified friendly in peak summer time, v a team we played 4 times last year is not bad. Also considering the entry fee was higher than that of our game on the Friday! 

Archived