Group D

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Wilkinson1998 said:

So are Hibs now some massive club all of a sudden?

we are absolutely huge mate, there's not many clubs in the united kingdom bigger than Hibernian. a glorious, illustrious history of home-grown talent, numerous trophy wins, historical firsts and a massive loyal fan base. god bless Hibernian Football Club.

On 6/2/2017 at 21:57, frankthetank22 said:

Alloa deservedly beat us in this competition last season, i'd like to hope we'd take them a little more seriously this time.

Alloa were absolutely flying at that point. We gave Celtic a tougher game at Parkhead than most Premier League teams managed. We were never as good after the departure of Jack Ross. Jim Goodwin is building his own team now and we'll see how they line up, but it would be a surprise if we were at the same level as last season. Might still be good enough to cause a few problems ;)

On 6/3/2017 at 08:12, Hibeesbounce75 said:

cant be fucked with alloa away either tbh. Get them, their shithole town and their shite 1G pitch in the fucking sea.

It's a new pitch since you were last there and as good as any of its kind in Scotland. We'll see if Hibs do any better on it, if they do indeed end up coming to Alloa.

I'd like County away on one of the Saturday dates. Either of the Angus clubs away would do for the other one, although Edinburgh would be ok as well.

44 minutes ago, MO7S said:

FS Two home games on Tuesdays against the same two teams as last year. Hopeless draw.

A bit harsh. Ross County away on a Tuesday would have been worse but as it is three of our four games are in Angus and the other in Edinburgh. If what you mean is that we are simply playing teams we've played recently (like Ross and Alloa in the group last year) then I agree with you as it would be better to play clubs we haven't seen for a while. Can't complain about playing the smokies though, always a decent occasion and we won't have them in the league now. Brechin instead would have been better though - but that's the draw so we shouldn't complain and just get on with it and I guess Ross County fans are not exactly happy to have us away midweek in successive seasons. Three teams in the same group in successive seasons is unfortunate. 

Archived