Group D

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye you've had chances but Boyles and pen the only sitters

2 headers we've lost its fucking infuriating playing against a really good team and losing headed goals

But it's Arbroaths B side, aye?

Montrose 2 up on Alloa:blink:. Worlds gone mad.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye sounds like it, shame as I think that's likely our strongest team that started. Needed to take 1-1 into half time to have any chance.

To be fair they were really really struggling fitness wise. Legs were gone by the hour.

They'll not get a better pre season work out than that.

Very annoying how 4 of their goals were scored from crosses into a crowded box.

After an incredible game of slick passing football and hard work we are unbelievably off the bottom of the table.
The ref could have easily blown for a foul for our second after the keeper failed to collect the ball in a crowded six yard box, to use a cliche, I've seen them given.
Will be interesting to hear the visiting fans views on the penalty shout, from the other end we just saw someone take flight and not much else but everyone immediately claimed for one.
Happy with goals and points from a decent display.

Entertaining stuff. Arbroath were much less defensive than most teams in these kind of games, played a bit of football in the first half but left the defenders one on one against us and space to play into all day. We did our usual missing of sitters in the first half but probably ended up a fair scoreline with two quick spells of goals in the second.

Really excited about Porteous, looks like a baller for such a young centre back.

I can't believe Alloa actually lost at Montrose. They've had a shite League Cup campaign.

I can't quite believe it myself. No harm to Montrose but we really must be winning those types of game.

Like L23 said it was really disappointing to lose 4 goals from crosses into a crowded penalty area.

Think Ricky could've gotten to that last one but his legs were that gone he couldn't get himself off the ground.

A really gruelling pre season where we've played 6 games in 19 days, 3 of them against Dundee, Aberdeen and Bolton alongside pre season training. Think last night was maybe just a wee bit too much for us.

Sure some of the boys will be a bit disappointed with a few things that might not have happened had it been a month or two into the season but that Hibs side has some real quality and they used the width of the park fantastically well and they had lightning pace up top too.

Was a tough shift. Expect us to give County a much tougher game.

Like L23 said it was really disappointing to lose 4 goals from crosses into a crowded penalty area.

Think Ricky could've gotten to that last one but his legs were that gone he couldn't get himself off the ground.

A really gruelling pre season where we've played 6 games in 19 days, 3 of them against Dundee, Aberdeen and Bolton alongside pre season training. Think last night was maybe just a wee bit too much for us.

Sure some of the boys will be a bit disappointed with a few things that might not have happened had it been a month or two into the season but that Hibs side has some real quality and they used the width of the park fantastically well and they had lightning pace up top too.

Was a tough shift. Expect us to give County a much tougher game.

I thought you were decent last night oddly enough. Couldn't cope with the width we played with and left your fullbacks too exposed but I thought whenever you got the ball you had the intent to get forward and create something. The score didn't reflect it, but that was a far harder game than against Montrose.

I thought you were decent last night oddly enough. Couldn't cope with the width we played with and left your fullbacks too exposed but I thought whenever you got the ball you had the intent to get forward and create something. The score didn't reflect it, but that was a far harder game than against Montrose.

Cheers. Still really sore taking 6, were better than that.

DC interview. Praises Hibs quite a bit. Says similar to what we've been saying about us.

Archived