Group D

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I think it's a near certainty that you'd go through with ten.

Looked like two borderline top six teams tonight, difference being that Hibs will improve when they have anything approaching a competent striker. Real lack of depth in that squad as well though and Lennon is more of a hindrance than a help.

Agree with this, except I wouldn't go as far as "when" we have a competent striker. Majority of the players at Hibs are guys that were there before Lennon, apart from up front where we have Lennon signings like Graham and Murray. It's by no means certain that he'll do the business.

Does seem like whether the last few signings are closer in quality to our current strikers or the rest of them, will decide which half of the table we're in this year though.

Agree with this, except I wouldn't go as far as "when" we have a competent striker. Majority of the players at Hibs are guys that were there before Lennon, apart from up front where we have Lennon signings like Graham and Murray. It's by no means certain that he'll do the business.
Does seem like whether the last few signings are closer in quality to our current strikers or the rest of them, will decide which half of the table we're in next year though.

Stokes looks like a stick on does he not? Personally I think you'd be better with someone who plays on the shoulder to get defences pushed back to give your midfielders more space to push on. Hibs' biggest strength is in the middle of the with Swanson, McGinn and McGeouch. Shelling crosses to Brian Graham or asking Murray to hold it up doesn't make the most of that strength.

2 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Does seem like whether the last few signings are closer in quality to our current strikers or the rest of them, will decide which half of the table we're in next year though.

What is the hype regarding McGinn - if his quality was that good Swansea would surely have picked him up fir there under 23 squad???

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Stokes looks like a stick on does he not? Personally I think you'd be better with someone who plays on the shoulder to get defences pushed back to give your midfielders more space to push on. Hibs' biggest strength is in the middle of the with Swanson, McGinn and McGeouch. Shelling crosses to Brian Graham or asking Murray to hold it up doesn't make the most of that strength.

Have no idea about Stokes, I hope so.

Swanson faded out of the game but I thought he gave us a bit more balance than last year with McGeough and McGinn being able to do what they're suited to, rather than playing like out and out attacking mids at times to try and link up with the strikers. Think someone like Stokes would add something sitting in front of that. Don't think there'd be much Pace between him and Davy Vicious but even someone marginally less slow than Graham could've had a few one on ones near the end there.

8 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Lennon quoting a £6m fee - nothing like hyperbole 

Woudn't be surprised if ends up at the likes of Sheffield Utd - watch this space 

No he didn't, he said £4m-£5m and it's clearly to try scare teams off. Nothing like hyperbole, though. 

Not every team just rolls over and accepts the first £200k bid that come in for their players. 

McGinn's face probably knocks about 45% off his actual valuation.

Was he that brutal size last year? Just back from seeing him up close and he's like a fukin East German shot putter with the biggest arse I've ever seen in Dingwall. (Insert players name here). I'd cash in before the obvious steroid addiction is noticed by the polis

2 minutes ago, humbleheart said:

Was he that brutal size last year? Just back from seeing him up close and he's like a fukin East German shot putter with the biggest arse I've ever seen in Dingwall. (Insert players name here). I'd cash in before the obvious steroid addiction is noticed by the polis

I just don't think you understand.

10 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

No he didn't, he said £4m-£5m and it's clearly to try scare teams off. Nothing like hyperbole, though. 

Not every team just rolls over and accepts the first £200k bid that come in for their players. 

I reckon he will go before end of August & around £750k will be a market price - remember he's only played in Scottish Championship level all his career although the single sub appearance for Scotland might add a tenner to his value!!!

Just now, Kircer bairn said:

I reckon he will go before end of August & around £750k will be a market price - remember he's only played in Scottish Championship level all his career although the single sub appearance for Scotland might add a tenner to his value!!!

Wrong again. He got the MOTM on his Scotland debut. Keep trying though :lol:

13 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

McGinn's face probably knocks about 45% off his actual valuation.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Has McGinn been down Grenfell Tower way recently? His face looks more melted than usual.

You got patched the first time :lol:

1 minute ago, Kircer bairn said:

embarassed-for-you.gif.3e5d219133e41ee5a536abe954a41a3d.gif

Archived