Group D

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

County 2-0 Alloa

Not a game that will go down in the history books as a thriller
County the better team in the first half, took our time to actually score, should have been a few up at half time, but emphasises we need a better goal threat.
Not sure what happened fir the goal, looked to me that it was going wide but sneaked in at the post, but the keeper seemed to me going the wrong way - don't think there was a deflection.

Alloa much better in the second half and had a few chances, but County got the second goal, Curran knocking it in at second attempt after the keeper saved the first.

Fix made a world class save shortly afterwards to deny Alloa a goal, was a cracking header too.

A bit pre-season feel about things, but 3 points is a good start.

I'd guess maybe a different team against Montrose in midweek, maybe with a couple of the youngsters on ensuring everyone gets decent game time over the four games

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Been to Hibs games before.

Search Hibs v ****.

4f2ef4e86e9ca49027179cf93891f8b4.jpg

So, Arbroath, Celtic, Hibs, Dundee Utd...have I missed anyone else that you "support"? All you're missing is someone like Northampton or Stevenage and you have the journeyman career of the average Scottish footballer.

What a walloper :lol:

As to the game, our defense looked like a collection of iron filings that were missing a magnet. Midfield didn't really have much of a chance other than to battle away and Masson and Foxy did OK. Templeman plugged away well upfront too.

We need to be a bit fitter and the manager needs proper full backs and another striker added. I'm not overly fussed about these glorified pre season friendlies. We should be top 4 but I'd like to see performances pick up a bit.

Hibs looked quite tidy coming forward and look to be at a promising stage of development..playing at only about 60% capacity I reckon. Think they should be aiming for a top 6 finish this season.

Was always gonna be a tough game today but although Hibs were far superior and deservedly won I thought at least we had more experience on the park today. When we eventually play a competitive game against a team in our own division I think we'll be Ok but still a glaring problem at the top end with a distinct lack of goal threat.

Several Smokies on here commenting, but as they are in our group I suppose it figures. Will be interesting to see how they get on against Hibs, and especially Simon Murray who looks the part and I think will do well. I hold no grudges against the lad. 

So, Arbroath, Celtic, Hibs, Dundee Utd...have I missed anyone else that you "support"? All you're missing is someone like Northampton or Stevenage and you have the journeyman career of the average Scottish footballer.
What a walloper :lol:

Arbroath mate.

My team. Get it up the Mo. X

Archived