Post-Brexit

SlayerX

Do you get paid by the word for your writing?  If so, fair enough, just wasn't aware that post length really mattered.  Think everyone else will just stick to the usual, not throwing the toys, the dictionary and the thesaurus out the pram because some nasty man said such awful things to you on an internet forum.

People are going to disagree with you, people are probably going to say you're talking shite.  Probably going to need slightly thicker skin.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paid per word? No. You need a really top deal to get paid in that manner. But yes, there is generally a word-count that you have to reach.

Thicker skin? Have I lost my temper, at any point of this thread? Does it appear that I had?

Not really.

I asked a question, the common consensus is that it was a daft question. Fair enough. I don't think I deserve abuse for it. But once again, fair enough. Do I regret asking it? No, I don't, because I now know the answer.

:)

"Abuse"...jeezo :rolleyes:

Didn't say you'd lost your temper, but you've repeatedly complained about being called a troll, people "insulting" you (while throwing a fair few low-frequency ones yourself ironically), and even threw out an Eastenders style "say it to my face".  You stopped short of offering a square-go though, credit where it's due.  No-one really said anything that bad, just called you out on a stupid question.  Most people would have held their hands up, but if you feel like continually saying how totally not bothered you are by any of it, while still replying about how totally right you were to ask it, again, fair enough.

2 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Society, en mass, Is becoming so intellectually lazy that alarms bells should be ringing. 

I thought the original question might have been a case of "thinking aloud", but the answer was at your fingertips, either with a bit of concentration to recall previous European Championship participants. Or by looking it up.

Paid per word? No. You need a really top deal to get paid in that manner. But yes, there is generally a word-count that you have to reach.
Thicker skin? Have I lost my temper, at any point of this thread? Does it appear that I had?
Not really.
I asked a question, the common consensus is that it was a daft question. Fair enough. I don't think I deserve abuse for it. But once again, fair enough. Do I regret asking it? No, I don't, because I now know the answer.
[emoji4]

I think what I have realised in my short time on here is that everyone has an opinion - which is good.

Problem is there is a lot on here that are self righteous enough to believe that they are intellectual geniuses and that everyone else is just plain stupid.

Get used to it....I have.[emoji16]

19 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I think what I have realised in my short time on here is that everyone has an opinion - which is good.

Problem is there is a lot on here that are self righteous enough to believe that they are intellectual geniuses and that everyone else is just plain stupid.

Get used to it....I have.emoji16.png

It is, as long as people respect the opinions of others.

Nah, it's alright, I think I can hold my own. ;)  Besides, I received an apology, which was nice.

If you think this place is bad, the TAMB is a billion times worse.

9 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

OP looking to troll up some support before elections is my guess absolute car crash of a thread and needs deleted as it's nonsense.

Some support? I'm not running for elections.

What on earth are you talking about?

Mate, I would suggest that you read the entire thread. Before now I didn't realize that it was a cardinal sin to ask a question.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

As I was saying about the self righteous on here? emoji16.png

I know.

God, with the way that people have acted it's like I've dropped my pants and painted the place.

Personally, I just think that certain people want to be offended so much that they go out of their way to feel it.

"A person asks a question". OMG! The horrors!!  :P

Looking back on it, sure, fine, it was a bit of a daft question.

I would much rather people actually thing that it was an innocently daft question than me trying to troll.

I mean, come on, accusing someone of being a Troll is so lazy.

Archived